Revs @ Caps - April 6th, 2011 [R]

Tuscan

I myself am an advocate of diving, even though I'm Latino, but Canadian first. I'm not ashamed of it, it's a tactic, that is common all around the world. How many times, have you seen CONCACAF nations, kill time, when they're a goal up against us. Why the hell shouldn't we learn in order to qualify out of CONCACAF. I agree that Camilo deserved the first yellow for diving, but honestly, he was hacked to bits and pieces on most plays and the first lesson of Futbol that most kids are taught in South America is to go down immediately, when somebody goes strong against you, why risk injury or worse constant knocks on the knees and legs. How do you think Ronaldo ended his career with constant leg injuries. He was constantly hacked, but always went back up, not like your typical South American that goes down immediately. I think if it weren't for Camilo's late antics of feigning injury, while 2 men down, He gave the Caps a nice breather since it's a time waster. We have to accept as Canadians that in order to qualify, perhaps, we may need to kill alot of time in hostile Central American climates by staying down and making sure that every last minute counts.

Sorry, but I don't agree with dishonest behaviour, or that something is all right if others do it first. I'd rather see others punished for fake dives, and then ignored as a consequence of "crying wolf", than see Canadians have to adopt the same strategies. Just like I was and remain a fan of taking obstruction out of hockey, something people moaned about for several seasons, but which has made the NHL watchable again (which it wasn't, for me, circa 2000).

I agree with you about protecting people like Ronaldo, who I also agree was an honest player. Saying that diving is a problem in Latin football is like saying that hard tackles are a problem in northern European football - obviously it's a trend, not something everyone in each area does. Cheers.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All you have to say it is a temporary facility.

Tempire actually looks really good on TV, I bet there are lots of people that have no idea that it's mostly Home Depot scaffolding and porta potties.

It's kind of interesting . . . all the scaffolding is "covered" with white cloth, so you can see it if you want to, but the white cloth covers it well. It's a bid weird walking from the concourse to the seats through this narrow, white cloth tunnel - it's like some sort of high school play theatre set. And fortunately, there aren't holes in the temporary stands you can drop your keys through! Cheers.

I've only watched parts of the Caps first few games this season but I haven't found Khaflan to be that impressive, especially agaisnt NE. He seemed to give up on balls early, fail to control passes sent to him and I don't think he beat any defender one v one. Maybe it was because they were down 2 and then 1 player but I found that his opposite Knight had gas the whole game and made a few key runs early and then again late in the game.

You mean the same Wes Knight that was subbed out at halftime? Yep, he sure looked like he has energy to spare late in the game after sitting down for 40 minutes.

You mean the same Wes Knight that was subbed out at halftime? Yep, he sure looked like he has energy to spare late in the game after sitting down for 40 minutes.

Relax... I was wrong. Who was playing behind him? Knight did have a few really good runs in the first half, maybe it was Leathers or Wagner I noticed in the second half.

We are in a Temporary stadium, you knob. It's like all fold away or are you just very simple and couldn't figure that out for yourself.

Stop staring at the sun.

If this gonna become some sort of pissing contest between the Whitecaps and TFC, I'm sorry to burst your egotistical bubble but Vancouver is gonna win in the end.

Good grief, you can't even ask a simple question any more with someone seeing everything through the prism of club rivalry. I should have made up a name up and joined a souuthsiders forum or other supporters forum as posed as a Caps fan. Tell you what, I just changed my profile and hopefully this will go better.

Good grief, you can't even ask a simple question any more with someone seeing everything through the prism of club rivalry. I should have made up a name up and joined a souuthsiders forum or other supporters forum as posed as a Caps fan. Tell you what, I just changed my profile and hopefully this will go better.

Lol!

Haha!

The "temporary stadium" thing doesn't really fly as a reason for the goals at Empire, as Seattle has box goals at Qwest even though they share the pitch with the Seahawks.

Yes, Qwest is a permanent structure, but they still have to remove the soccer goals quite often to make way for the NFL endzone. Regardless, I think it's a minor quibble in the grand scheme of things, especially when the turf is a far bigger detriment (although the turf at BC Place will supposedly be of a higher grade).

Archived