TFC: Preseason Minutes Played

gkhs

Sturgis is injured, and Monsalve will likely be brought on as the third GK at best.

No idea what's going on with Sidra, although I've heard murmurs that he may come back to the team after the U23 camp.

It only makes sense for them to sign Monsalve (if the money is right of course), Zavarise seems to be getting a lot of minutes but idk if Im a fan. Stinson will undoubtedly be signed as for Martina? Very dangerous, him and his agent know they have a gun to TFC's head and they are definitely asking for more than he's worth... so we'll waste a huge amount of cap space on nothing and just miss out on the playoffs :)

Winter better start making some signings. We've got about $1M of cap space to work with and only 8 "salary budget" spots to fill. It's not like it's MLSE's money to save, the league pays for the players, so not spending to the cap limit is beyond stupid.

According to Winter on the TFC tv report of Day 1 from Charleston, Sturgis wasn't actually injured - Winter left him behind in Toronto while the team when to Orlando because he felt he didn't do well enough in Turkey.

We'll see if the message that was sent has in fact been delivered now that he's rejoined the team in Charleston.

Thanks for the stats. Matt Stinson and Gianluca Zavarise had played lots of halves. Let's hope TFC sings at least one of the Canucks in camp.

Read on the Winthorp website that Stinson took the spring semester off to train with the TFC and prepare for the U-20 National team...his coach expects him to return for the fall semester.....

We'll see if the message that was sent has in fact been delivered now that he's rejoined the team in Charleston.

Maybe they tried to trade him but failed to get a worthwhile offer? Winter didn't exactly sound thrilled about his presence in the interview clip. Strange that Earl Cochrane was allowed to make a move of that magnitude given what subsequently unfolded.

^ Don't think Winter rates the college draft at all so the 1st round pick is not significant - in Winter's mind anyway. Witness the lack of draft picks at the camps while academy players are asked to attend. I actually like this aspect of player selection, but in North America, it is tough to ignore the college draft. At least for the next few years.

Maybe they tried to trade him but failed to get a worthwhile offer? Winter didn't exactly sound thrilled about his presence in the interview clip. Strange that Earl Cochrane was allowed to make a move of that magnitude given what subsequently unfolded.

Winter never sounds thrilled about anything. :) He's a low key guy.

^ Don't think Winter rates the college draft at all so the 1st round pick is not significant - in Winter's mind anyway. Witness the lack of draft picks at the camps while academy players are asked to attend. I actually like this aspect of player selection, but in North America, it is tough to ignore the college draft. At least for the next few years.

Agreed.

I've always felt that NCAA guys were more athletes than technically proficient players in the all-around sense, making them serviceable in this league.

Agreed.

I've always felt that NCAA guys were more athletes than technically proficient players in the all-around sense, making them serviceable in this league.

... and that's what will make our NCAA draft picks valuable to us ... trading them off for allocation or for live bodies that have already proven themselves ... if we so choose to do so.

TFC better be signing Martina he looks really good with more time with the team his still on the ball and passing will kill teams in the MLS

Gay does not look that great i have not seen a lot of him but whatI have seen is him diving around and he does not look like he wants to battle with cb's

Archived