Canadians abroad: December 17-23, 2010

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for December 17-23, 2010.

• If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

• If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

• Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Jackson starts for Norwich away to Coventry - Jackson subbed out on min 67 with the game 1-1 and Norwich win 2-1 after an 87 min winner by Holt, his second the game.

Jaime Peters and his Ipswich Town host Leicester City in the late Championship match

Klukowski and Ankaragucu drew 2-2 away to Antalyaspor. He played 90 and set up the first goal. Akara are tied for tenth with Galatasaray in the table.

Junior Hoilett on the bench as Blackburn host West Ham. Thought he might come on for the injured Jason Roberts in the 7th minute, but the new coach chose Benjani instead. This game is currently on live on Rogers SportsNet.

I get the sense he was a Big Sam favourite - I wonder if he will suffer when the new manager is finally in place?

Simpson does not play today for Manisaspor. The team won 1 - 0 against Instanbul Buy. I don't know if he was on the bench, I don't have that information. Anybody know something about Simpson not playing today?

Simpson was serving a suspension for accumulated yellow cards after getting a yellow card in their last match.

3-1 PSV final. Atiba played the whole 90 minutes.

Portugal

2nd half

Penafiel 1 : 1 Santa Clara (Pacheco)

Portuguese readers - Pacheco is suspended for this one, right? http://www.cdsantaclara.pt/noticiasdetalhes.php?idexterno=363

"Contrariar o futebol do Penafiel passa, essencialmente, por «sermos uma equipa personalizada». Para este desafio Bruno Moura não conta com o lesionado Fabeta e o castigado Pacheco, jogadores que saem da convocatória e que são substituídos por Edgar e Tengarrinha, respectivamente."

Simpson was serving a suspension for accumulated yellow cards after getting a yellow card in their last match.

good catch

Well I thought I would let you enjoy your Sunday without worries since I think you have established yourself as our Canadian playing time pessimist! :)

Well I thought I would let you enjoy your Sunday without worries since I think you have established yourself as our Canadian playing time pessimist! :)

Happy holidays, Grizz!! Can I join you in a toast to more playing time for our Canadians abroad? Look forward to a beer together one of these years.

Archived