hahahahaha **********

nolando

Karma's a b****. I can't say I feel bad for the Whore.

Compare him to Gareth Bale, who is eligible to play for england (thru his grandmother) but without hesitation chooses his homeland even though Wales has very little chance of ever getting a world cup appearance.

That's a bit petty of you all isn't it??? Mind you, I did log on just to see if this thread existed as well.

I suppose that only thing is to say is... move on fellas. I don't think his knees would be any better if he was playing for us anyhow, so there's not too much to gripe over. Those economy class flights over the atlantic for Peru friendlies would likely make his fragile condition that much worse ;)

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=839661&sec=england&cc=5901

Sir Alex Ferguson believes a lack of match fitness and feelings of anxiety led Owen ********** to suffer a hamstring injury five minutes into his comeback.

[...]

"I feel so sorry for Owen," he told MUTV. "He was looking forward to it so much and we were all excited for him.

"He has worked very hard to get to this point. There will be one or two niggles, that is bound to happen, but he will be back, there is no doubt about that."

Compare him to Gareth Bale, who is eligible to play for england (thru his grandmother) but without hesitation chooses his homeland even though Wales has very little chance of ever getting a world cup appearance.

Yeah but Bale still has a chance to play in the Euros with Wales. With Canada its only the World Cup and nothing else. So I don't think you can compare. (i.e. I don't think you could assume that Bale would choose Canada if the choice was b/w Canada and England)

Yeah but Bale still has a chance to play in the Euros with Wales. With Canada its only the World Cup and nothing else. So I don't think you can compare. (i.e. I don't think you could assume that Bale would choose Canada if the choice was b/w Canada and England)

Well, Wales has a chance to try to qualify for Euro finals, I wouldn't exactly hand it to them on a platter. I think it would be even more tempting to play for England if you had his ability and lived there than if you had to leave Canada and cross an ocean. Same for Ryan Giggs in his career and George Best in his day. Quite simply they put homeland first, I'm not saying that it's wrong to do what OH did, just that better players than him made a different choice.

Archived