Penalties

jonovision

With the squad we've called up for Peru/Honduras, if we're awarded a penalty, who takes it? I know we had a couple of bad misses vs Macedonia, but I don't remember who was responsible.

Who was the last guy to convert a penalty for Canada? I know 2 or 3 of De Ro's 15 for Canada are PKs.

With the squad we've called up for Peru/Honduras, if we're awarded a penalty, who takes it? I know we had a couple of bad misses vs Macedonia, but I don't remember who was responsible.

Who was the last guy to convert a penalty for Canada? I know 2 or 3 of De Ro's 15 for Canada are PKs.

I think the last PK we convert was against Haiti in the 2007 GC. DeRo took it.

I think DeRo should take it then Jakovic or DeJong. But honestly it's only a question of is cooler in those situation.

I don't know what DeRo's penalty conversion record is but he doesn't seem to be a very accurate shooter, (he often scores wondergoals but misses the net on easier opportunities). Friend also seems a bit inaccurate with his shot. I think Jackson was taking a lot of penalties for Gillingham and he would be my first choice despite his youth. It is not just a question of being cooler but also having an accurate shot that you can place reliably.

I think DeRo should take it then Jakovic or DeJong. But honestly it's only a question of is cooler in those situation.

DeRosario, especially if it's in "his house" (BMO Field).

(Got that jingle in your head again?) lol

To answer my own question, Gerba actually scored a penalty in a closed door friendly vs Guatemala in the lead up to GC 2009. But nobody saw that match, so we can't be blamed for forgetting it.

DeRosario, especially if it's in "his house" (BMO Field).

(Got that jingle in your head again?) lol

Here's that scene I referred to in the other thread:

I don't know what DeRo's penalty conversion record is but he doesn't seem to be a very accurate shooter, (he often scores wondergoals but misses the net on easier opportunities). Friend also seems a bit inaccurate with his shot. I think Jackson was taking a lot of penalties for Gillingham and he would be my first choice despite his youth. It is not just a question of being cooler but also having an accurate shot that you can place reliably.

Well, I think every soccer player is capable of scoring on pk's but you need to be confident and cool under pressure. A lot of players don't like the pressure of PK's, during the game or in shootout, so that's why I listed guys who seems to me like they wouldn't be stress by that responsability.

Jackson is one of the player who missed against Macedonia, that's why I didn't included him but I wouldn,t have a problem with him being our PK taker based on his Gillingham record.

Hume missed one of them. I can't remember who missed the other. Jackson perhaps? (Sigma, do you remember?)

Jackson and Hume missed vs. Macedonia...

We have 4 players in the squad who I know take or have taken penalties for their club teams... Johnson, De Rosario, Hume and Jackson

Although not in the squad I think Occean takes penalties... does Simpson?

Jackson and Hume missed vs. Macedonia...

We have 4 players in the squad who I know take or have taken penalties for their club teams... Johnson, De Rosario, Hume and Jackson

Although not in the squad I think Occean takes penalties... does Simpson?

Occean does not take PK's for Kickers Offenbach or at least has not had that opportunity in league play.

Archived