Canada vs Peru , Canada vs Honduras predictions

rick10

Just for fun I would like to hear some predictions and maybe a reason why

I ll start

Prediction A Canada 1 - Peru 2 ( pizarro , vargas long range shot) , MCkenna ( from a corner kick)

prediction B Canada 1 - Peru 1 ( pizarro ) ( de rosario free kick)

Comparing both roster , I would have to say Peru brings a better squad . Even though we are playing at home , I believe there will be enough peruvian supporters to make peru somewhat feel at home too.

I think peru has very good attacking players ( farfan , pizarro , vargas, aguirre, manco) to score against canada. On the other hand I think we lack a lot in attack to test the 3 at the back of the peruvian defense. However its the first time peru is playing with their A squad since the suspensions 2 years ago , with a new coach and a new system . Also it is important to note that peru is very bad a defending set plays (corners , free kicks , etc) so I m sure canada can explote those holes

Prediction A Canada 1 - Honduras 0

Prediction B Canada 2- Honduras 2

I dont think Hondura is stronger than peru . We ve already played them enough times to know what they bring to the table. They dont have a deadly striker (like pizarro) to give our defenders a bad night. Also depending on the first result against peru , canada may come out with the neccesity to win this game. Also this will be their second game in which they will have time to look back at the mistake they ve done in their first.

Anything can happen in soccer. But its fun to see what other think about these 2 games and what may happen

Canada 1 - 1 Peru

Canada 2 - 0 Honduras

Let me say that I care ten times more about the Honduras result than how we do against Peru. If we're unable to win against the group that Honduras is sending, I will have very little confidence in Stephen Hart and this group of players going forward.

4-4-2 Canada 2 - 1 Peru

I think the Rob Friend and Simeon Jackson up front will do very well together matched experience from one side and the other side a touch of youth and drive. I like this combo if these two are sharp there could be a pleaseant surprise for the Peru Defence as they both should have creative opportunties of chances both in height on the the ball and speed off the ball, if Canada can hold the Peru's attack at half time scoreless, I think Canada will take this one in this set up.

4-2-3-1 Canada 0 - 0 in this formation I never liked and too demanding on key players. Its to defensive for even the best of players specially in a friendly. I see this as a scoreless draw but if a goal is scored it will be from a free kick and the result will finish 1-0 hopefully on Canada free kick late in the game.

Honduras it wont matter which way we set up. This is the easier of the two. I think we should win in both set ups.

In a 4-4-2 3-1 and a 4-2-3-1 2-0 for both Canada wins.

Good luck guys we are rooting for you and I'll be there watch the game and support you In T>O.

^ I agree Frank, i'm getting tired of the 4-2-3-1 and i hope we see a 4-4-2 here at home when we need wins to better our FIFA ranking.

I don't think we've ever played with a true 4-2-3-1. The modern 4-2-3-1 is much more possession-oriented than the classic 4-5-1 which is defensive in nature. The closest I've seen to a 4-2-3-1 was the 4-1-4-1 that the nats employed during the 2007 Gold Cup.

EDIT: I realise there's a certain element of irony here, seeing as how this is my 442nd post.

Nitpicking, any given game you could argue the wide players are either defensive or offensive. The problem is using 1 striker and expecting to get any offense from wide midfield players. I'd prefer to have any competent offensive player closer to the front of goal then trying to weave his way into the middle from the wing.

4-4-2 Canada 2 - 1 Peru

I think the Rob Friend and Simeon Jackson up front will do very well together matched experience from one side and the other side a touch of youth and drive. I like this combo if these two are sharp there could be a pleaseant surprise for the Peru Defence as they both should have creative opportunties of chances both in height on the the ball and speed off the ball, if Canada can hold the Peru's attack at half time scoreless, I think Canada will take this one in this set up.

4-2-3-1 Canada 0 - 0 in this formation I never liked and too demanding on key players. Its to defensive for even the best of players specially in a friendly. I see this as a scoreless draw but if a goal is scored it will be from a free kick and the result will finish 1-0 hopefully on Canada free kick late in the game.

Honduras it wont matter which way we set up. This is the easier of the two. I think we should win in both set ups.

In a 4-4-2 3-1 and a 4-2-3-1 2-0 for both Canada wins.

Good luck guys we are rooting for you and I'll be there watch the game and support you In T>O.

thats a good point. I personally dont like the 1 man upfront as it makes easier for the opponent to control our attacks. It feels like we are defending all the time. But i have my doubts about friend and jackson . In the past we had a real striker like radzinsky that was good enough to break any defense.

I had high hopes for hume but i guess he turned out to be an average (below) player

I think Canada will have a good start vs Peru and may get the first goal with DeRo (who will be starting, I can't see him sitting on the bench for this one) making things happen in front in his house . I'll leave my prediction for the rest of the match at that.

The big thing with Honduras is their counterattack through midfield: we were poor against them in Montreal two years ago but improved at GC 09. With the Peru game under our belt and hopefully some continuity in the line up I expect to see a strong performance in this match. Canada victory by one goal

I predict a win and a draw. Logic says the win will be vs Honduras though I always feel we're cursed when we play them, so I'm going with a Reverse Redhat:

CAN 2 - PER 1

CAN 1 - HON 1

I have a good feeling for the A-squad game and Peru isn't an emotional rival like Honduras, they won't see us again for a while after that game, so they can afford to play like they don't really care about playing a friendly against Canada. Honduras likes to burn us and there's no way the squad will remain the same after game 1 so the curse won't be put to an end soon IMO.

Archived