montreal v. Rhinos

Ruud

Anyone going to tonight's game? Can't seem to find any extra tickets. Anyone have extras?

Tonight's game has been sold out for some time now. First Friday night game in recent memory against our biggest league rival. You could keep checking on admission.com though. Occasionally individual tickets come free for whatever reason.

Gerba again! Too bad Hart didn't pick him for the MNT.

I don't think it would surprise anyone if one or more of the TFC players rejoined their club after the Peru match. If so, I could see Hart picking a couple of Impact players to fill the gaps. Gerba and Ribeiro, perhaps?

Edit: Just finished watching the match (on 1 hour delay here). That was a tour de force by Gerba. Say what you want about him, but he is still an absolute beast at this level. The Rochester defenders could not handle him, and example A was the 2nd goal. And he may have been called fat and lazy before, but he ran his tail off tonight. In addition to being by and far Montreal's best player, he was also the hardest working guy out there. Plenty of great passing as well, and did a good job holding up the ball and keeping possession. And of all Canadian strikers, he very likely (and quite suddenly) has the best strike rate in the calendar year 2010 (5 goals in 8 matches).

And I still think he can be successful for Canada because, apart from USA and Mexico, the types of central defenders we run up against are very much in the same mould as the NASL/USL characters that he just finished dominating. I'd love to see him get a run out against Honduras in Montreal.

And I still think he can be successful for Canada because, apart from USA and Mexico, the types of central defenders we run up against are very much in the same mould as the NASL/USL characters that he just finished dominating. I'd love to see him get a run out against Honduras in Montreal.

I don't know about USA, but Mexico's defense isn't all that great to be honest.

Player Evaluations

Jordan: Alert and intense for 90 mins. Made the stops when he had to, got some help from the post when needed. Managed his defensive core well overall.

Braz: Did his best work man marking in the box, as most of the crosses were coming in from the left side. Managed to remain disciplined, while still being aggressive.

Aaboubou: Hicham did not have his best game. He was beaten by the pace of the Rochester forwards on several occasions. Might need some rest, as he's been used at several positions this year.

Pizzo: He discovered his water carrier in Testo, which is a nice change to the usual long balls. Went into shut down mode in the second half, and did what a captain is supposed to do, which is lead by example.

Billy: His professionalism and his approach to the game in general is inspiring to his younger team mates. Another strong game by the left back.

Tony D: Provided a majestic cross into DiLo who was robbed by the keeper. Rarely makes bad decisions in his pass choices.

Ribeiro: Excellent through ball to Ali G's second of the game. Still amazed by his conditioning, and over all play. Will Stephen Hart come a calling?

Testo: Excellent in directing the transition game, always available as a pass option. Roamed the midfield like a pit bull.

DiLo: Set up Ali G's first goal on the 18 SECOND mark. Let's hope to see this combination wreak havoc on the opposition.

Sebrango: Did not have many scoring opportunities, but did all the small things correctly. Just as Billy, remains an example of professionalism for the younger players .

Ali G.: 5 goals in the last 2 games, what more to say! Was an absolute Beast especially on this second goal. Ran for 90 mins. Truly looks happy to be playing in Montreal. Yeah, I'd say he deserves a call up.

LeGall: Impressed me by his pace. Looks like he will need to adjust quickly, if he wants to be around next year.

Reda: Should have scored on a beautiful pass be Le Gall, but flubbed his shot.

Ali G.: 5 goals in the last 2 games, what more to say! Was an absolute Beast especially on this second goal. Ran for 90 mins. Truly looks happy to be playing in Montreal. Yeah, I'd say he deserves a call up.

Well, he and his mates got a public dressing down by his owner and then the snub by Hart. He's responding in the best way possible. I could see some player turnover for the Honduras match so he may get the replacement call up.

Well, he and his mates got a public dressing down by his owner and then the snub by Hart. He's responding in the best way possible. I could see some player turnover for the Honduras match so he may get the replacement call up.

Impact are playing the next day in Puerto Rico in another do-or-die match.... are Impact required to release players? If not I doubt they'd release Gerba or Ribeiro

Archived