CSL 2010 - Week 12

VPjr

Milltown FC 3 - North York Astros 0

MFC Goals by Lesly St. Fleur (1st), Thierry Mangwa-Batomen (2nd) and Martijn Kuijpers (4th). Kuijpers goal was scored on a PK

Shutout to Scott Cliff (4th of the year)

These 3 points have vaulted Milltown FC into 1st Place in the CSL standings (at least until Sunday night, pending the result of the York Region vs. Toronto Croatia game).

This ends a string of 6 straight Friday night home games for Milltown and now they play 4 straight away.

We sit with a record of 7 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses for 25 points. We are riding a 9 game unbeated streak.

Next game - July 31 @ 7pm vs. TFC Academy in Maple (St. Joan of Arc Secondary School).

full game report here:

http://www.milltownfc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=133&catid=37&Itemid=62

^ Great result Dino. Congrats on the season your new team is having.

Took in my first Wolves game of the season last night. Result was 2-0 for Montreal Impact Academy. Both goals in the second half.

The Wolves seem to have added more young blood this year, the most impressive being speedy winger Dana Heimbecker, who terrorized the left side of the MIA throughout the first half. Like the rest of his team however, he was less effective in the seconf half.

There were a few impressive MIA players. Unfortunately, we showed up a bit late and missed the player introductions. There were no line-ups and substitutions were not announced. The MIA website does not list the players numbers either, so if anyone can fill in the blanks the players that impressed me were:

#24 centreback - was very quick and strong - broke up and cleaned up most Wolves' attacks.

#5 holding mid - distribution needs work but the kid ran miles and was very involved

#17 & #18 wingers - Bookend players, fast and went hard into every tackle/challenge, caused Wolves many problems

#9 attacking mid - very small but didn't take a step backwards and his distribution was good.

MIA looked good but seem to lack the pure scorer/threat that Agourram was last year.

It would appear that some of you are really missing the true scoreboard as we say due to marketing their own interests. Yes we congratulate you on your progress. Yes there is some good soccer going on but if we are to report on our own selves, then lets try and show the true picture. I have been a sports reporter for since before many of you were born. If you want to report, as you say on the true picture before us, then lets take a look at reality. Yes we know all about what payers have come from what countries and who they played for and how great they are, but I'm sorry, things are not adding up to the nice little package, as per the reporting. Serbian White Eagles is the prime example. 9 GAMES, 5 WINS, 1 LOSS, 3 TES = 18 POINTS. They were runners up last year. 6 GOALS AGAINST. Now that would tell many a few things. First, lets give all kinds of Props to the great Goal tending of the Serbia Goalie, on loan from TFC. Such an awesome goal tender. Second, no matter what has been said about who brought who from where, the Serbia Defence is performing with only 6 goals against. Call it what you want but the fiddle doth play sweet music! Thirdly, Serbia are putting the ball in the net, enough to win games. ONLY 1 LOSS THIS SEASON. Fourth, after doing my math, Serbia presently have at least 3 Canadian National Youth Team players. Well, there you go. I said it for them. Maybe one of the teams in a top position may very well win the League, or maybe not. Maybe the runners up from last year, Serbian White Eagles, as they come from behind faster than sound, may very well win also. Or maybe another team may win. But whats important to us all, for the Credibility of the League, is to report accurately and not "Market the Media" and fool yourselves. I know.....your the greatest! But lets let the clock tic and see who remains at the Finest Hour.Yes, I got your back.

#24 centreback - was very quick and strong - broke up and cleaned up most Wolves' attacks.

#5 holding mid - distribution needs work but the kid ran miles and was very involved

#17 & #18 wingers - Bookend players, fast and went hard into every tackle/challenge, caused Wolves many problems

#9 attacking mid - very small but didn't take a step backwards and his distribution was good.

This is according to a ''programme'' they distributed at the last MIA home game

24 - Francesco Augustin (member of canadian youth NT)

5 - Dominique Morin

17 - Hussein Awada (I remember him being part of a u20 training camp this year but can't find his profile on CSA website

18 - Guillaume Heroux

9 - not on the sheet (?)

I wonder if they wear the same numbers all season long... if they don't then forget what I just said

MIA could really use a special section on the Impact website... no way to get any info on the players unless you go to all the home games.

It would appear that some of you are really missing the true scoreboard as we say due to marketing their own interests. Yes we congratulate you on your progress. Yes there is some good soccer going on but if we are to report on our own selves, then lets try and show the true picture. I have been a sports reporter for since before many of you were born. If you want to report, as you say on the true picture before us, then lets take a look at reality. Yes we know all about what payers have come from what countries and who they played for and how great they are, but I'm sorry, things are not adding up to the nice little package, as per the reporting. Serbian White Eagles is the prime example. 9 GAMES, 5 WINS, 1 LOSS, 3 TES = 18 POINTS. They were runners up last year. 6 GOALS AGAINST. Now that would tell many a few things. First, lets give all kinds of Props to the great Goal tending of the Serbia Goalie, on loan from TFC. Such an awesome goal tender. Second, no matter what has been said about who brought who from where, the Serbia Defence is performing with only 6 goals against. Call it what you want but the fiddle doth play sweet music! Thirdly, Serbia are putting the ball in the net, enough to win games. ONLY 1 LOSS THIS SEASON. Fourth, after doing my math, Serbia presently have at least 3 Canadian National Youth Team players. Well, there you go. I said it for them. Maybe one of the teams in a top position may very well win the League, or maybe not. Maybe the runners up from last year, Serbian White Eagles, as they come from behind faster than sound, may very well win also. Or maybe another team may win. But whats important to us all, for the Credibility of the League, is to report accurately and not "Market the Media" and fool yourselves. I know.....your the greatest! But lets let the clock tic and see who remains at the Finest Hour.Yes, I got your back.

This is a forum board. People who put reports on here are doing so for the information of all who view it. If you want to add your own match reports concerning whomever (Serbian White Eagles, for example), feel free to make a contribution. But don't rip those that do contribute.

I have been a sports reporter for since before many of you were born.

So what? I know a couple old time journalists who suck big time, and they have probably been doing it for longer than I've lived.

If you want to report, as you say on the true picture before us, then lets take a look at reality.

Jus tlike JamboAl said, this is an Internet forum where everyone can express his opinion and talk **** about anything. Objective reporting often does not belong here, especially since this is a Canadian supporters group website (by definition subjective). So, VPjr wants to report on Milltown FC, he's entitled to do it. You want to write about SWE, then go ahead and do it. Nobody here has the obligation of following journalism rules

Result of the Sunday July 25, 2010 CSL game between North York Astros vs Serbian White Eagles played at Esther Shiner Stadium in North York at 3:45pm.

2 min...SWE Shawn Brown GOAL...SWE Stefan Vukovic rushes along right and sends low cross to Brown at 5 yards who kicks ball into empty net with defender and goalie guarding right side of goal.

24 min...SWE Milos Scepanovic GOAL...SWE Milos Vucinic cross from 30 yards on left has Scepanovic get tap over pass from a SWE player and takes 12 yard shot that diving goalie Ryan Zamora gets hand to and pushes into right side of net.

46 min...Astros YELLOW card...Jevon Vanderreyden earns it for tackle on SWE Shawn Brown just left of post. Referee Hassang Rifai calls for a penalty kick.

47 min...SWE Milos Scepanovic GOAL...Scepanovic chips Penalty kick to left side of net freezing goalie in middle.

49 min...SWE Kirie Dimitrov GOAL...Dimitrov cornerkick from left has goalie palm ball but into top right corner of net. The kick was bending towards the net already rather than being aimed to drop into the box.

86 min...SWE Viktor Anastasov GOAL...SWE Shawn Brown taps short pass from middle to SWE Milos Scepanovic who from 10 yards near right end line rolls it back to Anastasov whose low 10 yard shot is into short right side of net.

Final Score:..........North York Astros.............0..............Serbian White Eagles...............5.................

Attendance was about 175 on this hot day which is higher than what they get at their regular games. At least half the fans were cheering for the visiting White Eagles. The Astros had a fan club of drummers and singers chanting for them in Spanish. In the second half at the other end of the stands, a huge flag with the three stripes of Serbian was unfurled.

Milos Kocic earned the shutout for the White Eagles. I didn't catch one save he had to make in the first half with one-way traffic towards the Astros end. I counted him making three stops in the second half but all from between 20 to 30 yards. Kocic had played the second half and penalty shootout in net for MLS Toronto FC when they played Bolton Wanderers from England in a special international friendly. White Eagles defender and (today's) captain Mirko Medic played 73 minutes of that game and was subbed just a few minutes after getting injured. He only played the first half of today's game and drew a Yellow card in the first half.

Shawn Brown broke out of a scoring slump at only the two minute mark but after that he was back to missing close-in shots or having them saved. White Eagles regular forward and captain Sasa Viciknez was not listed as a player for this game. He had scored the only goal in their win over Hamilton Croatia on Friday night. With two victories over the weekend, White Eagles move from sixth to third place.

Astros lost on Friday too on a trip to Milton to play Milltown FC. Today's game made it five losses in a row. This is the fourth game in charge for new coach Gerardo Lezcano who had started the season as the assistant coach while Michael Ridout was the head coach.

Rocket Robin

robing@eol.ca

I was a little shocked that the CSL webpage doesn't have stats up for this season. Love to see who's near the top of the table for goal scoring at this point.

it's on the homepage:

Mahyar Kohbad (North York Astros) 10

Aidan O'Keefe (FC Hamilton Croatia) 9

Milos Scepanovic (Serbian White Eagles) 9

Kadian Lecky (York Region Shooters) 8

Allando Matheson (TFC Academy) 7

Miodrag Andjelkovic (Brantford Galaxy) 6

Thomas Beattie (London City) 6

Blazej Skoczylas (Brampton Lions) 6

Drazen Vukovic (Brantford Galaxy) 5

Ranko Golijanin (Brantford Galaxy) 5

Eric Grigore (North York Astros) 5

Ramone Bailey (Portugal FC) 5

Judah Hernandez (Brampton Lions) 5

Tihomir Maletic (Toronto Croatia) 4

Augustin De Medina (Milltown FC) 4

Mohamed Aborig (North York Astros) 4

Martin Kuijpers (Milltown FC) 4

Yannick Rome-Gosselin (Montreal Impact Academy) 4

Adrian Pena (Portugal FC) 4

Thanks for that Dino.

Good to see Scepanovic having a productive season with 9 goals. He's an attacking mid isn't he?

Matheson following up his 10 goal season last year with another good season. TFC really need to sign some of their Academy players for next season.

Archived