Ticket Purchases for Canada-Honduras in Montreal Sept. 7

Grizzly

I'll go nonetheless, I'm just pissed me off. Didn't pay to see a B squad get hammered by Honduras.

1- They schedule the Montreal game during the week vs. Saturday for the Peru game.

2- They choose to play Honduras in Montreal, with the huge Honduras support (I understand the $$$ aspect but still).

3- Hart releases 3 of the best players of the CMNT squad for the Montreal game.

It just looks like someone wants the Montreal game to fail.

If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at MLS.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll go nonetheless, I'm just pissed me off. Didn't pay to see a B squad get hammered by Honduras.

1- They schedule the Montreal game during the week vs. Saturday for the Peru game.

2- They choose to play Honduras in Montreal, with the huge Honduras support (I understand the $$$ aspect but still).

3- Hart releases 3 of the best players of the CMNT squad for the Montreal game.

It just looks like someone wants the Montreal game to fail.

He does have a point about the Tues vs Sat. but there is a precedent. The Jamaica game looked a lot better than Honduras last time...I would like to see what Saputo would look like on a weekend Canada game..

He does have a point about the Tues vs Sat. but there is a precedent. The Jamaica game looked a lot better than Honduras last time...I would like to see what Saputo would look like on a weekend Canada game..

IIRC, the Jamaica WCQ game at BMO was a Wednesday in August, the Honduras WCQ game was on the Saturday of Labour Day Weekend.

@ Rudi.

Well those games were for WCQ, soccer coverage in TO is superior because of MLS, and the jamaican community doesn't have nearly as much interest in soccer than the Honduran community (multiplied by every fake hondurans from every neighboring central american countries that were at the Montreal WCQ).

However I do agree that you have a point.

In any case I hope media coverage in Toronto for the Peru game is better than here in Montreal for the Honduras game - because here there is absolutely no word of the game - except for a paid advertisment on CKAC radio and casual annoucements at the previous Impact game...

MLS 2012 will boost soccer coverage eventually - including CMNT games - but until then it's hard on the moral to be a CMNT supporter lol. Would be a good thing if they would limit the amount of Honduras supporters tickets purchase.

Hopefully it'll turn out to be better than what I expect...

@ Rudi.

Well those games were for WCQ, soccer coverage in TO is superior because of MLS, and the jamaican community doesn't have nearly as much interest in soccer than the Honduran community (multiplied by every fake hondurans from every neighboring central american countries that were at the Montreal WCQ).

However I do agree that you have a point.

In any case I hope media coverage in Toronto for the Peru game is better than here in Montreal for the Honduras game - because here there is absolutely no word of the game - except for a paid advertisment on CKAC radio and casual annoucements at the previous Impact game...

MLS 2012 will boost soccer coverage eventually - including CMNT games - but until then it's hard on the moral to be a CMNT supporter lol. Would be a good thing if they would limit the amount of Honduras supporters tickets purchase.

Hopefully it'll turn out to be better than what I expect...

Both games will be below standard for what Canada should be drawing in the two largest cities in the country.

That said, all we can do is continue the excellent work going on as supporters and grow that side of the culture, so that even if the opposing team has large numbers in the stands, we will never again be outsung/outsupported/out-organized in our home stadia.

Both games will be below standard for what Canada should be drawing in the two largest cities in the country.

That said, all we can do is continue the excellent work going on as supporters and grow that side of the culture, so that even if the opposing team has large numbers in the stands, we will never again be outsung/outsupported/out-organized in our home stadia.

Agreed. Just read that 10,000 are expected at BMO tomorrow. Any update (number) on the Montreal ticket sale?

Rudi and I don't often agree but he is spot on with this. It is hard to say what will happen in each city and Toronto has the better day and more marketable opponent but at the end of the day we are trying to build support in both cities and in each I think the games will help us promote the cause even if they are only baby steps. 5 years ago it seemed like a lost cause and now we are making progress even if it is slow.

As far as Montreal sales go, a soccer radio show is saying that 7000 tickets have been sold which would be amazing if true but I am not sure whether to believe or not. I think at least the Honduran support will not be that numerous since it is a friendly and they won't tavel from Boston/Newark/New York for a friendly.

I'm having a hard time to believe it also - that would mean that we would probably be near the same attendance than the game at BMO - which I strongly doubt for the reasons you mentioned. Unless there will be a huge last minute ticket purchasing for the toronto game (which I doubt because Montreal has the last-minute reputation not Toronto), I'm hugely dissapointed at the BMO turnout.

As for Montreal, I'm disappointed that RDS, Canoe, ruefrontenac and all the rest don't have ANY mention of the Tuesday game on their websites. But I'm flabbergasted that even Radio-Canada don't mention anything of the game next Tuesday (at least not yet). Usually they are the ones that promote soccer the most... including CMNT.

Can't wait for 2012... lol

Frappe?!?!

Are you ****ing kidding me?

And the area of stade saputo most likely has a more "politicised" amount of hondurans than BMO's area has Peruvians.

I meant Stade Saputo is adjacent to the Montreal Honduran community, when I was at BMO, it doesnt look like it's really "adjacent" to any fully residential neighbourhood, except for some pretty well off places along the water near the gates, and then i'm guessing there's regular neighbourhoods across that highway?

Many Hondurans are to be expected at the Montreal game. The Toronto fiasco last saturnday was not expected.

Really? I'm from Toronto and pretty much knew we'd be hopelessly outnumbered at BMO Field (as much as I may have irrationally hoped for it not to be true)... much as I expect we'll be hopelessly outnumbered at Stade Saputo tomorrow.

Really? I'm from Toronto and pretty much knew we'd be hopelessly outnumbered at BMO Field (as much as I may have irrationally hoped for it not to be true)... much as I expect we'll be hopelessly outnumbered at Stade Saputo tomorrow.

It's not what I heard by many people from Toronto a few months before the game lol. In any case yes I do expect the same tomorrow in Montreal.

Archived