Canada vs Peru Poster

Admin

I'd change "BMO Stadium" to "BMO Field" ;)

Yeah, I was curious about that. Even the use of BMO. Is it National Soccer Stadium when Canada plays? Not that I would want to use that cause people would be like ... huh what?

Yeah, I was curious about that. Even the use of BMO. Is it National Soccer Stadium when Canada plays? Not that I would want to use that cause people would be like ... huh what?

The only time it wasn't BMO Field was during the U20 WC.

There's an unnecessary space between "Canada" and "supporters". Also you'd probably wanna add a comma between "section" and "contact".

Copy-editing quibbles aside, good work... though I wonder... might the better approach be to emphasize the availability of tickets generally, rather than just the ones in our section? A more casual fan may not want to sit in a "supporters" section, but this poster should still make them interested in the game.

There's an unnecessary space between "Canada" and "supporters". Also you'd probably wanna add a comma between "section" and "contact".

Copy-editing quibbles aside, good work... though I wonder... might the better approach be to emphasize the availability of tickets generally, rather than just the ones in our section? A more casual fan may not want to sit in a "supporters" section, but this poster should still make them interested in the game.

Excellent thanks.

The goal is to grow the Voyageurs. To send a message there is something like this out there.

Anyone who doesn't want to sit with us will still know about the game, but seems more imperative we find more supporters and let them know this exists for Canada games.

I will try it and see what it looks like.

The issue regarding national stadium or BMO field has nothing to do with us. Its a FIFA thing, Fifa does not promote companies who have not paid them to do so. So if a game is played at BMO field like the U20 WC, FIFA doesn't want to use the name BMO field because its not one of their sponsors. BMO paid MLSEL ( not FIFA) for the right to put their name on their name on stadium.

then again, AFAIK, BMO is sponsor of the CSA, so who knows what will happen.

As far as us, we can use what ever name we want. In the mainstream media and on CSA press releases, they will probably have to refer to it as National stadium.

IMHO, I think you need some sort of indication as to:

A) what sport this is

B) what team this is

It's obvious to all of us, but if you're looking to target the casual fan that doesn't already know that Canada's senior national men's soccer team is playing Peru on September 4 at BMO Field, then I think you need to give some more clues. Just seeing "Canada vs Peru" doesn't give enough info about what the event is and why the viewer should be there. Even if this is only being posted in soccer-related places, there are plenty of potential national teams to choose from (Women's senior, U20, U17, etc, etc), and I would think it matters to most people.

The issue regarding national stadium or BMO field has nothing to do with us. Its a FIFA thing, Fifa does not promote companies who have not paid them to do so. So if a game is played at BMO field like the U20 WC, FIFA doesn't want to use the name BMO field because its not one of their sponsors. BMO paid MLSEL ( not FIFA) for the right to put their name on their name on stadium.

then again, AFAIK, BMO is sponsor of the CSA, so who knows what will happen.

As far as us, we can use what ever name we want. In the mainstream media and on CSA press releases, they will probably have to refer to it as National stadium.

The CSA has referred to it as BMO Field since before 2007. It is the name of the stadium.

The only time it is not called BMO Field is during a FIFA WC that we are hosting, and there won't be any of those ere any time soon. Even during WCQ for the current WC, the stadium was referred to by the corporate name.

2783532662_2f8735ab6b.jpg

The whole purpose of this poster is to get people to come join us in the Voyageurs section, so that needs to be the biggest thing on the poster. So, instead of having such a huge part of the poster taken up by Canada vs. Peru it should be taken up by something along the lines of Stand With The Voyageurs At Canada Soccer vs. Peru! but perhaps reworded to sound a bit better. That is the bottom line message we want the poster to scream. I'd also get rid of the red block line with the white writing, as it is difficult to read unless you're up close.

People need to know:

- The date

- That they should come stand with us

- Where the game is

Aside from that, the other details can be given to them when they inquire. Surely they will also be drawn in by our ticket pricing as well.

Archived