WC Break - Mtl vs Van

tmcmurph

Theft of epic proportions! My god after the first half I was glad to be down by only a 1-0 score! Then we come back and win it in the second 1-2 with a late goal. Sweet :)

First win in a long time in Montreal for us. What a great second half by the Caps. I mean we had what, 3 shots on net? Our chances were less in the entire game than Montreal had in the first 45 but we put 2 in. And what is with Davies? I mean just shot the F@#$ing ball man, let your teammates go for the rebound. Holy indecisiveness Batman.

Is Jordan hurt? I didn't hear the reason he wasn't playing. SD did good but doesn't get the result.

By the way the video was smooth but the format was rather different. Wide and VERY narrow. Please make it 20% taller. The English audio was about 5-10 seconds lag to the video which is weird but still a good production.

Yes we cannot score goals so we totally dominated Vancouver but lost. Vancouver is in 2nd place right now but yet have looked like a very poor team everytime I have watched them. We need one or preferrably two strikers that can score consistently. Also referree David Gantar was not very good.

Yes we cannot score goals so we totally dominated Vancouver but lost. Vancouver is in 2nd place right now but yet have looked like a very poor team everytime I have watched them. We need one or preferrably two strikers that can score consistently. Also referree David Gantar was not very good.

Yes that ref was terrible and with a young Sebrango we'd have been up 4-0 by the half.

Kudos to the Whitecaps for a greta comeback. They came on the field on the second half putting a lot of pressure on the Impact and it worked well for them. I'm still upset at the fact that the Impact are never capable of killing the game, I mean you win 1-0 after 3 minutes but you miss something like 3 or 4 really good chances. We need more killer instinct, we need striker who can put it in. I don't get Peter Byers, he was horrible until september last year but after that he looked like Didier Drogba and this year you think he will continue that way but he his the same horrible player he was last year. Time to dump the guy. I'd prefer seeing young Reda Agourram miss goals than seeing Byers do it.

Kudos to the Whitecaps for a greta comeback. They came on the field on the second half putting a lot of pressure on the Impact and it worked well for them. I'm still upset at the fact that the Impact are never capable of killing the game, I mean you win 1-0 after 3 minutes but you miss something like 3 or 4 really good chances. We need more killer instinct, we need striker who can put it in. I don't get Peter Byers, he was horrible until september last year but after that he looked like Didier Drogba and this year you think he will continue that way but he his the same horrible player he was last year. Time to dump the guy. I'd prefer seeing young Reda Agourram miss goals than seeing Byers do it.

Agree

Don't see why Reda isn't in the starting lineup. Maybe its's cause he's young, Canadian and talented.

If anything the Maestro should be using Reda to push or to scare the other unproductive strikers.

I think Montreal's coach needs some therapy or a reality check!

"It's incredible, we're seven points behind a team that is not better than us," said Impact head coach Marc Dos Santos.

Uhhh Marc. In 14 games the Caps have 24 points and in 13 games you have 17. Not only are you not better than the Caps but you aren't better than these teams either (all of whom are ahead of you in points):

Rochester Rhinos

NSC Minnesota Stars

Portland Timbers

FC Tampa Bay Rowdies

Yes your team played way better in the first half but if you don't put it in the net you lose. You may think you are better but until you score and win more you are just talking and talk is cheap.

I think Montreal's coach needs some therapy or a reality check!

"It's incredible, we're seven points behind a team that is not better than us," said Impact head coach Marc Dos Santos.

Uhhh Marc. In 14 games the Caps have 24 points and in 13 games you have 17. Not only are you not better than the Caps but you aren't better than these teams either (all of whom are ahead of you in points):

Rochester Rhinos

NSC Minnesota Stars

Portland Timbers

FC Tampa Bay Rowdies

Yes your team played way better in the first half but if you don't put it in the net you lose. You may think you are better but until you score and win more you are just talking and talk is cheap.

He is not trying to say the Whitecaps aren't good, he's complaining that the Impact are currently underachieving in a big way.

He is not trying to say the Whitecaps aren't good, he's complaining that the Impact are currently underachieving in a big way.

In that case he is 100% correct. I hope you guys do sign Ali Gerba because you need someone up front who can score and I think he would be the man for you. Maybe he will sign for your MLS season but you need someone to start finishing way more of your chances now. You guys manufacture the chances very well but just don't cash in on them much and it burns you, but you knew that already.

Oh well our road trip ends with a tie in Portland so we get 9 out of 15 possible points. Most teams would kill for that at home much less on the road. We were a bit lucky and Nolly saved our ass repeatedly but we still got the results we needed.

Archived