AC Milan vs. IMFC

we are about 24hrs away and a few hrs away from the AC practice. Im really pumped for this event; its almost unbelievable that a team such as AC Milan is in Montreal especially considering the tough history soccer has had in the city. I think its a good idea to discuss the build up and the excitement for the game and to confirm their presence to the game.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we are about 24hrs away and a few hrs away from the AC practice. Im really pumped for this event; its almost unbelievable that a team such as AC Milan is in Montreal especially considering the tough history soccer has had in the city. I think its a good idea to discuss the build up and the excitement for the game and to confirm their presence to the game.

I'm steeling myself for some very annoying Italian "soccer fans" disrespecting the Impact, but other than that should be awesome to see!

?? Has it really been tougher here then anywhere else in North America? If anything it has been easier then a lot of places with the Manic, Impact, Santos at big O, U-20 WC and the trophée des champions...

?? Has it really been tougher here then anywhere else in North America? If anything it has been easier then a lot of places with the Manic, Impact, Santos at big O, U-20 WC and the trophée des champions...

Besides the U-20 WC, none of these events were suppose to happen when the Ionian group took over the impact and when the impact had to take a year off.

Besides the U-20 WC, none of these events were suppose to happen when the Ionian group took over the impact and when the impact had to take a year off.

Well of course they were not "supposed" to happen when the Ionian group controlled the team in 2000/2001, because you can't plan a CCL QF 8 years before it happens and they don't designate the host for the Trophée des Champions 9 years in advance...It was in fact these events that brought on the opportunity to host a team such as AC Milan.

And the Impact did not "have to" take a year off in 1999, they chose to do so because of a conflict with the league (Some things never change) and it was out of frustration that the team was then sold to Ionian.

But yes, soccer in Montreal has come a long way since the Ionian debacle but it has not been any tougher here then anywhere else in North America (see all the failed franchises in the APSL,A-League, USl and team contractiions in the MLS)

I'm steeling myself for some very annoying Italian "soccer fans" disrespecting the Impact, but other than that should be awesome to see!

Funny we had Bordeaux and River Plate in last year, and no one seemed to have a problem with their fans dissing the Impact. We all know how sympathetic the French could be.

Some Algerian Fans taunted UM02, with flags in a game that had nothing to do with Algeria. Don't ever remember Italian fans doing as much. What ever, to each is own.

Funny we had Bordeaux and River Plate in last year, and no one seemed to have a problem with their fans dissing the Impact. We all know how sympathetic the French could be.

Some Algerian Fans taunted UM02, with flags in a game that had nothing to do with Algeria. Don't ever remember Italian fans doing as much. What ever, to each is own.

I did.

But yes, soccer in Montreal has come a long way since the Ionian debacle but it has not been any tougher here then anywhere else in North America (see all the failed franchises in the APSL,A-League, USl and team contractiions in the MLS)

thats basically what i meant -- the team has come a long way.

when was this??

My personal game "preview":

http://www.soccermontreal.net/2010/06/friendly-wednesday.html

Just a rant. Not made to offend anybody, well maybe a little..

good blog, i agree with it even if my grandfather is an immigrant bro! lol -- i love the impact just as much as i like my favorite euro team and any other team i support in pro sports. Ill be pissed to hear people bash the impact but i think they will hold their ground as they always do against superior opposition.

good blog, i agree with it even if my grandfather is an immigrant bro! lol -- i love the impact just as much as i like my favorite euro team and any other team i support in pro sports. Ill be pissed to hear people bash the impact but i think they will hold their ground as they always do against superior opposition.

Just chatted with an Albanian dude at my work, he says Milan have visited Albanian teams numerous times in the summer for freindlies and usually win 2-1 or even lose, a combination of trying not to be injured against fired-up, lesser-skilled opponents and taking their opponents lightly... basically what we saw against Fiorentina. I hope the big name guys put on a nice show though.

Just chatted with an Albanian dude at my work, he says Milan have visited Albanian teams numerous times in the summer for freindlies and usually win 2-1 or even lose, a combination of trying not to be injured against fired-up, lesser-skilled opponents and taking their opponents lightly... basically what we saw against Fiorentina. I hope the big name guys put on a nice show though.

ya makes sense, a combination of the opposition being really pumped and the superior team going at a lower intensity. im confident the show will be good! It wont be as exciting as the santos laguna game or the champions league title that we will win within the next 5yrs!

ya makes sense, a combination of the opposition being really pumped and the superior team going at a lower intensity. im confident the show will be good! It wont be as exciting as the santos laguna game or the champions league title that we will win within the next 5yrs!

HAHA. Hope so. In other news not sure if it has been mentioned but Milan lost 3-2 in Washington and then won 1-0 in Chicago.

what a nice evening! almost 48k people, it was a good show, we got to see some spectacular players, the impact put up a good fight even if the score was 4-1 they were still "sorta" in it. and above all, there is a love story that began to written up tonight and it involves the city of montreal and Ronaldinho. he got a huge pop for not only his technical abilities but his charisma. I wouldnt be surprised if one day down the road MLS-MTL at least tries to get their hands on him. he is the perfect fit for the montreal pro sports scene.

what a nice evening! almost 48k people, it was a good show, we got to see some spectacular players, the impact put up a good fight even if the score was 4-1 they were still "sorta" in it. and above all, there is a love story that began to written up tonight and it involves the city of montreal and Ronaldinho. he got a huge pop for not only his technical abilities but his charisma. I wouldnt be surprised if one day down the road MLS-MTL at least tries to get their hands on him. he is the perfect fit for the montreal pro sports scene.

We were saying the same. This city loves their Kovalevs and their Ronaldinhos.

Just got back from the Van-TFC game and I'm catching the last 15 minutes now on Radio Canada. Aside from the turf, the optics look really good at the Big O. The Big O is a superb facillity for Soccer when there is a big crowd, as was the case with the U20 and the Conacacaf Champions league.

The turf looks crappier than in the past though.

Just got back from the Van-TFC game and I'm catching the last 15 minutes now on Radio Canada. Aside from the turf, the optics look really good at the Big O. The Big O is a superb facillity for Soccer when there is a big crowd, as was the case with the U20 and the Conacacaf Champions league.

Edit: turf looks crappier than in the pastl though.

It's a temporary natural grass surface.

Archived