Canadians abroad: April 16-22, 2010

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for April 16-22, 2010.

• If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

• If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

• Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

In England today: in the Premiership Edgar can't even find a spot on the bench in the vaunted Burnley side that has been known to give up 6 goals a game! In the Championship: Peters is on the bench for Ipswich at home to Doncaster, Hume starts for Barnsley where they trail 1-0 at Swansea and in League One Jackson is on the bench where his Gillingham side have a 1-0 lead over Leeds at home!

In England today: in the Premiership Edgar can't even find a spot on the bench in the vaunted Burnley side that has been known to give up 6 goals a game! In the Championship: Peters is on the bench for Ipswich at home to Doncaster, Hume starts for Barnsley where they trail 1-0 at Swansea and in League One Jackson is on the bench where his Gillingham side have a 1-0 lead over Leeds at home!

Edgar is on loan at Swansea and is on the bench today for them.

Swansea City have signed Burnley defender David Edgar on loan until the end of the season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/8583837.stm

Maybe confusing Habers' loan with Edgars'?

That might have been what it was and a early morning! I thought Edgar had done quite well for the Swans, surprised he isn't starting! Meanwhile Jacksons' Gillingham side have a 3-1 lead over Leeds at the half, that's huge for them in their relegation battle, it might also mean Jackson stays on the bench to rest his injured hamstring!

In League Championship, Edgar stays on the bench and Hume played 53 minutes. Swansea City 3 - 1 Barnsley. And for Gillingham and Jackson, he plays on 72 minutes and has a chance to score at 80 minutes but the ball went off target. 3 - 2 the final for Gillingham against Leeds U, 2nd in the table and HUGE victory for Gillingham who are now 3 points above the relagation zone.

In League Championship, Edgar stays on the bench and Hume played 53 minutes. Swansea City 3 - 1 Barnsley. And for Gillingham and Jackson, he plays on 72 minutes and has a chance to score at 80 minutes but the ball went off target. 3 - 2 the final for Gillingham against Leeds U, 2nd in the table and HUGE victory for Gillingham who are now 3 points above the relagation zone.

Jacksons' injury must be improving! That was a huge win for the Gills, Leeds are faltering down the stretch as they had a big lead for promotion at one point! Peters came off the bench late for Ipswich in a 1-1 draw with Doncaster! We're going to need some of these guys for the Argentina friendly! I saw an interview with DeRo today, he hopes to be released for the Argentina match!

Hoilett has not impressed me from what I've seen of him when he comes on from the bench. He never seems to see much of the ball. He's always chasing and does not seem to react quick enough or read where the play is going.

He hasn't stood out for me either although in fairness I haven't seen him much! He has received several good match reviews , it matters little as he'll never suit up for Canada IMO!

Hoilett has not impressed me from what I've seen of him when he comes on from the bench. He never seems to see much of the ball. He's always chasing and does not seem to react quick enough or read where the play is going.

Keep in mind he is 19 and playing in the Premiership. I mean, it's not like we can afford to be soccer snobs around here - we rave about Jackson and he is playing for a Lg 1 side, and a terrible one for that matter.

The only thing we shouldn't be impressed with about Junior is his ambivalence towards playing for Canada.

Hutch played 90 in a 3-2 win over FC Midtjylland

Nakajima played 90 in a 1-0 Horsens win over Hvidovre

Fan rating of his performance: "Issey - well actually his best effort a long time - although it does not say so much;)"

I think Hart needs to drop Issey to wake him up. First off he dropped a level when he didn't need to, granted his team may be promoted and he gets to play with his brother. Okay fair enough but then to drop a level AND not only not impress but apparently he's one of the worst players on his team when he should be tearing it up! Slacking 2nd division danish players shouldn't be called up... he's an 84 he has a lot of football left but he needs a wake up call. We have a ton of players who can fill that spot

Simpson played 90 as his side lost 2-1 to Galatasaray: http://www.livegoals.com/gamecenter/manisaspor-vs-galatasaray-17-04-2010

Radzinski is injured again this week:

"The most notable absentee is Tomasz Radzinski, who has had a recurrence of his calf problem. Radzinski has to rest, but will probably be available for next weeks game against Waasland."

http://www.lierse.com/en/news/team-news-eupen-radzinski-out

Surprising start for Haidar Al-Shaibani in France Ligue 2 as Nimes are away at league leaders Caen. It is Haidar first league start.

It's 0-0 after half an hour.

In a big game too. Looking at the table, if Nimes wins this game they will be 2 points behind the 3rd and final promotion spot.

Archived