Canadians abroad: April 2-8, 2010

nolando

Default Canadians abroad: April 2 - April 8, 2010

Guidelines for this thread

* In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for April 2 - April 8, 2010.

* If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

* If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

* Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

English League One

Simeon Jackson was again absent due to his injury.

"The Gills also have a doubt over leading scorer Simeon Jackson (hamstring) and Saturday's game is likely to come too soon for the striker, who is more likely to return for the home clash against Southend on Easter Monday."

LOL! Don't look now, but Burnley are down 0-3 at home to Man City just 8 minutes in.

Got diistracted watching the end of U. Catolica - Colo-Colo...now 0-4 in the 21st minute. Burnley are falling apart at the seams...

BTW, the Cardiff-Swansea match is being streamed at Bet365.com. Edgar at Left Back.

Mike Klukowski has recovered from his knee injury and practiced this week:

http://www.clubbrugge.be/fr/nieuws/bericht/5757/Dahmane-luxation-est-out-pour-mercredi

Hopefully he can play today against Anderlecht. The match starts at 2pm EDT and is being streamed on Bet365.com.

edit: Klukowski is starting at LB. Currently 1-0 Anderlecht.

Game ended 2-2, Brugge came back from down 2-0 to earn the draw. Unfortunately it's probably not going to be enough to catch Anderlecht for the championship who are 8 points ahead of them. Klukowski played well, swung in a couple of great crosses off of FK's. The overall level of technique was roughly equal to a German or French league game, but the speed of play was slower. Kind of reminded me of a Mexican or Argentine league game actually...

Welsh Derby ends 1-1... haven't heard anything on how Edgar played yet

err..actually there was a last gasp winner from Chopra as Cardiff stole all three points:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03042010/58/championship-chopra-late-show-stuns-swans.html

The only comment I have seen thus far is,

"Despite going in at half-time with the momentum in their favour the Bluebirds were sluggish after the break, and Swansea could have regained the lead had David Edgar shown more composure from 20 yards."

I'm not sure how this works exactly, someone correct me if I'm wrong, right now there's a play-off championship in the Belgian First Division which determines who's going to Champions League (however, I'm not sure if this will determine the First Division championship too). Today Anderlecht drew 2 - 2 against Club Brugge where Klukowski started the game and played 90 minutes.

The only comment I have seen thus far is,

"Despite going in at half-time with the momentum in their favour the Bluebirds were sluggish after the break, and Swansea could have regained the lead had David Edgar shown more composure from 20 yards."

yeah, edgar had a shot from about 20 yards....it wasnt beckham-like but he did just narrowly miss.

overall not the greatest game for edgar...he was fine, but not outstanding......he might have had a chance to affect the winning goal but it was a real broken play....overall it was a scrappy game.

edgar had a lot of touches, but played too many back passes for my liking.....he was listed as a centre back but played left back....this seems to happen to him all the time....last year with newcastle, he had a great game in the middle and then was put on the right and was crap....this year for burnley he has 2 great games in the middle and then is put on the left and is crap.....then he gets MOM in his first game in swansea playing in the middle and the next game he is on the left and is just ok.

he is not a left back.....he's a 6'-4" slow footed bean pole.....he is born to play in the middle.

Sandro Grande played 90 minutes this weekend.....89 minutes on wednesday night in cup competition and 70 minutes only one week after his arrival. 3 matches in 8 days. not bad for a guy who's last officail game was july 2009(choking Biello). Looks like he is healthy again and in the right enviroment for his great personality!!!!!!europe!!!!!!

Edgar's performance against Cardiff was okay. He is a good passer of the ball, but as trueviking said, too many times it was a pass backwards. His position and reading of the game still scare me, but maybe that was due to him playing left back.

Peters played the first half as Ipswich defeats Derby 3-1. Possibly subbed for injury because he was fouled late in the 1st half.

Looking at the standings for the teams with Canadians, Swansea seems likely to enter the promotion playoff while barring a collapse, Ipswich and Barnsley should be safe from relegation in the CCC.

Archived