2010 CONCACAF U17 Tournament

Vic

Good catch navycyr...

Would have been interesting to see how different the final roster would have been if Bridge would be still there....

In any regard, I wish the team the best of luck, we need a good showing.

As I understand it, the final camp in January was set by Bridges. The new coach only brought 2 addtional players into the camp. One of those was left off the 22 man roster and the other is on the final roster. It seems the final selection has been pretty much a for gone conclusion. Perhaps the only surprise is that the team is going ahead with 2 goalies versus 3.

Best of luck to the team....Go Canada!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ Could be, but there were at least 6 new players at the Jan camp so BR did have a chance to fine tune per his taste. Interesting is that one of the players he cut was seen 2 weeks later by Morace at an NTC scouting and Morace was very impressed with her; adding her to the U20 training programme.

On another note, check out this article in the T&T press, they are very pleased with their results so far; also doing a good job in P.R. in order to keep the funding going to the team working up to the WC in Sept!.

www.socawarriors.net/womens-team/womens-u17/7023-girls-on-the-rise.html

Anxious to see the US play this evening to judge how strong they will be. Hope CONCACAF live viewing will work well as it did for the U20 tournament

Costa Rica looked good. US also, but from them was expecting a bit better touch /finishing. From what I saw (did not see all game) it seemed average especially given they had so much time on the ball.

Could really make for some interesting semi-finals if the favorite final 4 get there as they should...US, CR, Canada and Mexico! Up next, Canada!

Costa Rica looked good. US also, but from them was expecting a bit better touch /finishing. From what I saw (did not see all game) it seemed average especially given they had so much time on the ball.

Could really make for some interesting semi-finals if the favorite final 4 get there as they should...US, CR, Canada and Mexico! Up next, Canada!

Wondering about Panama. Ezequiel Fernandez is the coach and has been around the womans game since 2004. He has had his team in daily practices mixed in with 5 or 6 international friendlies since the beginning of late November 2009. The team has played other national teams and had to qualify for this championships by winning their region in October. Their performance tonight against Mexico will reveal what this team brings to Group A. Jamaica, with their performance at the 4-Nations has positioned themselves as 3rd best in Group A; that is unless they held back in some way.......like the old saying goes "you have to play the games to be sure".

Soccer 9 were we watching the same game. Was Canada that good or was Jamaica that weak ? Canada's goalie was not tested and when she had one chance to claer the ball in the second she totally missed the ball and a goal was scored as a result. Where was the centre back that should've been covering her butt in case what happened actually did.

Every goal scored on Jamaica was a result of a poor clear (whether it was the keeper or a defender). Trust me Mexico will not make those type of errors. The USA will cetainly be ontop of those type of clears and opportunity will not knock as easily. I did like the ball movement however at times the team did look disorganized in its attack. Was very imprssed with Campbell & Davies, Good show ladies.

Now we have dug ourselves a big hole on goal differntial , all Mexico will need against us is a tie. Which means we end up in 2nd place in the group and then will be facing the USA. Hmmmmm I wonder what that result will be. Well they say the ball is round and any given day ??

Soccer19, yes I guess you are righ if you want to be really tough on the ladies... but other Canadian teams have not shown the same level of possession and composure on the ball even against weaker teams in the past. So from that standpoint this team did good. The Mexico/Canada game is the big test for sure.

Soccer19, yes I guess you are righ if you want to be really tough on the ladies... but other Canadian teams have not shown the same level of possession and composure on the ball even against weaker teams in the past. So from that standpoint this team did good. The Mexico/Canada game is the big test for sure.

I didn't see the Canada game however I caught the 1st half of the Mexico / Panama game. I was impressed with the Mexico side. They passed with purpose, held the ball, showed confidence in possession individually and as a team. They can attack with their backs to the play knowing where the forward runs are going to be. They varied their attack in the final third, sometimes going wide and sometimes straight down the middle. They certainly like to "dummy" the ball to create confusion and draw defenders out of position. A skilled team for sure.

Panama was taught a lesson in soccer. Despite the final score, I thought Panama did well to organize their defence. They were completely out matched however they managed to get plenty behind the ball in their third but Mexico was very good in their ball and player movement. Panama lacked the transition and the attacking capabilities up front when they did clear. In the beginning this appeared like the kind of game that Panama just need to get a break but then Mexico would eventually break them down and score. Goallllllllllllllllllllll

Canada will beat Panama but the question is can they do it with the same goal differential?

Soccer 9 if you think I am being tough I wouldnt want to be a player in the Canadian dressing room after the game. Did you see the players and the coaching staff after the game in the dugout. As for a team that just won nobody really looked as elated as one would expect for winning its first game. I gave Kudos to the ball movement however trust me BR will not be happy with the result as am sure he was expecting to bury the Jamaicans and have the upper hand in goal differential. The goalies best friend came up large for the Jamiacan keeper as the cross bar was her best friend because her defenders were not...lol

Canada's wingers made cross after beuatiful cross into the box whether it was in the air or on the ground and not one goal was scored as a result. Like I stated in my last post the goals were keeper and defender errors. If the Jamaican keeper makes the saves shes needed to its a one nil game for Jamaica. A corner kick she shouldve caught rather than punching out , two goals she made very poor judgement errors in where her positioning needed to be and if the defender clears that ball its one nil Jamiaca. BR is keenly aware of this and am sure as he did in newzealand will be working these kids to death at practice today in order to ensure there finsishing is better and that they are timing the offisides better. If you are happy that the perception was that the girls performed better than the U20's I raise my glass to you as am sure Miss Morace who was there watching will have a different opinion as to that comment as well.

My NOF's (network of friends) are telling me that the Canadian coaching staff worked the girls to death today as usual at practise whereby the Mexicon coach just ran a light practise to get the kinks and knots out of their bodies. There is no question that Canada will beat Panama however I wonder if Canada will have enough in it's tank to go full throttle to throttle the Panamanian's and get the goal differntial they need. Especially after todays death practice. The good thing is that they play after Mexico / Jamaica so they know how many goals they need to score.

It will be an uphill battle folks. Good luck ladies !!!!!

Cheers

Mexico gets the win 3-0 over Jamaica.

Canada leading Panama 1-0 30 minutes in. Evidently some snipers in the crowd picking off the Panamanian girls who have learnt well from their male counterparts.

Canada up 2-0 at the half.

Of what I have seen so far Mexico does have a better team than Canada. Girls have a tough challenge ahead since a tie against Mexico won't be sufficent to get the priviledge to play against Costa Rica in the semis. They will especially need to improve in finition since they will get a lot less scoring chances against Mexico and they can't afford missing so many opportunities. From here it will be pretty tough for Canada to earn a spot for the world cup.

Archived