2010 CONCACAF U17 Tournament

Vic

PANAMA

fem4.jpg

fem3.jpg

DSCF6162_1.JPG

Team Photos

- After a week training at the soccer complex Andrion Tejeira Virgil, the U-17 women returned to the capital to practice at the Ciudad Deportiva training ground.

- worked on shots from just outside the box

- double training

- played a practice match with the National Champion Under-14 San Miguelito boys

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MEXICO

S_Femenil_1.jpg

S_Femenil_3.jpg

CUELLAR.jpg

- Cuellar is trying to integrate a coach in each category and have a more solid structure inside the coaching women's national soccer teams.

- expects similar success to u20's

- in camp Feb 7-14

- benefitting over the past year of greater association funding for women. More coming including travel, awards, scholarships to make their courses coaches, trainers, psychologists (sport), managers, etc.

- also benefitting from Coca-Cola sponsorship

COSTA RICA

EntrenoSeleSub17FemeninaFebrero2010.jpg

AmitosoSub17Femenina17febrero2010.jpg

- 2 week boot camp begnning now, the usual 24 to 20

- coach calls it a challenge because 90% of the girls have no international experience [try 95%]

- the Costa Rican helmsman said that although they are pretty well defensively, in the next two weeks they will emphasize order of play and in transition defense to attack

- despite being unable to pronounce a word in Spanish, Californian Noelle Sanz (above) in just three days delighted the National Technical Director Randall Chacon, who has no doubt that Noelle will be among its list of 20 selected. Today Noelle showed us that she is fast, strong, a good marker and can play in various positions, mainly we are filling a gap we had in the right side. She will play against the USA in group.

- last Wednesday they played a First Division Women's side to a 1-1 tie

Thanks Vic

Nice photo's and at least a bit of information on the competing teams. It seems Canada is following the USA lead in keeping thier final roster close to their chest. On the Concacaf site each nation has a large pool of players listed, well above the 20 man roster limitation. I understand coaches have up until 24 hours prior to the start of their 1st match before they need to officially finalize.

Prehaps Canada is looking to see how they fare through the 4-nations tourney in play and injury prior to finalizing? Less paperwork that way! Just guessing on my part.

Keep the news coming.

Great job on the pictures !!!!!!!

With really only one spot open to Canada as lets face it the USA will be it usual strong self. (they should win Concacaf)

Canada will be in very tough to come out of the tournament in second place.

Costa Rica has the 12th man in its back yard and although they have little international experience you failed to mention that they play the USA regions one-four every year and have done so far the past few years. Granted the USA sends their U14's & 15's however this gives the Costa Ricans a much needed to boost to gauge where their overall player pool is at.

Mexico is always strong and is probably the most tactically strong second to the USA.

Jamaica has speed to burn and have been working hard for months to show they have the right stuff. They will be tough.

The ball is round as they say and will be watching with bated breath as to whether the Canadian ladies have the right stuff to come top 2 next month in Costa Rica. The 4 Nation's cup will be a big test as this is really there first international competition.

Cheers 19

No reason to worry except if our best elements were on the field since very little time left to make adjustments for next week Concacaf tournament. That should not be the case, coaches generally not wishing to show to much to their opponents prior a major tournament. Nice opportunity to make final cuts tough.

Mexico beats T&T 2:1.

Mexico is sitting ontop 2 wins 0 Losses

T&T and CDN are tied 1L and 1W a piece.

Jamaica in last with 2L.

Looks like the T&T and CDN game will be played for 2nd place honours. Given the history between the coaching staff's of these two teams, this game should at least hold some sort of importance for the winner versus the loser i.e. is T&T on their way up in CONCACAF at the expense of us Canadians? :confused:

Canada vs. T& T tied 1-1

Sounds as if the refs were a handful as Canada notched nine fouls by the 29th minute and T&T did not have a single call against them. Hmmmmm...makes one wonder.

Canada finishes second at Four Nation Tournament.

MEX 9 points,

CAN 4 points,

TRI 2 points,

JAM 1 point.

Canada vs. T& T tied 1-1

Sounds as if the refs were a handful as Canada notched nine fouls by the 29th minute and T&T did not have a single call against them. Hmmmmm...makes one wonder.

Canada finishes second at Four Nation Tournament.

MEX 9 points,

CAN 4 points,

TRI 2 points,

JAM 1 point.

Didn't the U20's give up a direct kick on a sloppy tackle just outside of the box to Mexico to loose 1:0? The U17 gave up a penalty to Mexico in this tourny to loose the opener. Now its reported there are 7 fouls committed by Canada in the1st 29 minutes of this match.

I can remember a day when coaches used to say "stay on your feet" and tackle the ball....I'm speculating however loosing by committing fouls is every bit as coachable as winning with improved technique. What is the tackling technique that the U17's are using?

Is there a event's page for this game?

Off to the championships now!

Without actually being at the game I cannot really comment with first hand knowledge.However in ANY sport when one team receives nine fouls and the other nil the blame can rarely be placed squarely on the shoulders of the player.Unless of course it is a game of angels VS demons.

As far losing by commiting fouls being coachable,I agree to a degree and by this stage I am sure all players are fully aware where fouls can lead.Fouls do occur at all levels,even the pros last time I looked.Bad calls,mistakes,over agressive play there are many reasons.

Once again I was not at the game so cannot comment on actual events. Not seeing the foul that lead to the winning goal against Mexico I cannot say which category it falls under.

Here is a copy of a quote from the T&T game announcer from the Internet Radio station i95.5 at the conclusion of the game:

"The game is done the game is done T&T 1 and Canada 1 ohhhh look mon at the Candain coaches face non to pleased non to pleased mon. You know there is a great deal of history mon between our coach and the canadian coach, yeah mon the canadain coach could lose his job after this full 90 mon"

Apparently the announcer was so excited about the result. Raising the question of the coach loosing his job is kind of humour in itself.

An article on Panama preperation for the U17 Concacaf:

"PANAMA’S UNDER 17 GIRLS

are dedicating serious attention to the upcoming CONCACAF qualifying tournament to be hosted March 9 to 20 in Cost Rica. They are confident of a good showing.

Coming off a disappointing under 20 women’s qualifier last week, Canada’s representatives should be on notice to expect stiff competition and well prepared teams from everywhere in our region.

Canada is in Group A with Panama along with Mexico and Jamaica.

The Panamanian squad was recently cut to 20 players who are holding daily, early morning workouts under the direction of coach Ezequiel Fernández and fitness coach Jimmy Avila. Before the cuts, Avila had the group for two weeks of solid conditioning but now the concentration is on technical development.

The team has a series of 5 afternoon friendlies scheduled over the next 2 weeks."

Printed in February 2010

Here is a copy of a quote from the T&T game announcer from the Internet Radio station i95.5 at the conclusion of the game:

"The game is done the game is done T&T 1 and Canada 1 ohhhh look mon at the Candain coaches face non to pleased non to pleased mon. You know there is a great deal of history mon between our coach and the canadian coach, yeah mon the canadain coach could lose his job after this full 90 mon"

Apparently the announcer was so excited about the result. Raising the question of the coach loosing his job is kind of humour in itself.

Old dinosaur seems to be more interested in beating Canada than in doing his job of developing T&T. The foolishness in him has not gone away and seems to be permeating into his job. Boy! I am glad he is gone.

the announcers were talking about Rosenfeld and not Pellerud here.

Am I mis-interpreting your comments ?

No, you are not. I thought the part of "great deal of history" was referring to old Pellerud. Hence the reason of my comment.

On the subject of Canada vs T&T, I wonder if either team played their top players? Pellerud stated that he sat some players, as he wanted to see as many of his players possible. And I am sure Canada did the same, as it was a camp for us after all, one week before our qualifiers...

We will see this week if Canada was laying low and also the benefits of the 3 internationall games we played.

On the subject of Canada vs T&T, I wonder if either team played their top players? Pellerud stated that he sat some players, as he wanted to see as many of his players possible. And I am sure Canada did the same, as it was a camp for us after all, one week before our qualifiers...

We will see this week if Canada was laying low and also the benefits of the 3 internationall games we played.

Canada went to the field against T&T with 9 players that they started against Mexico inlcuding the goalie. The same forward popped the only goal for Canada in each of these two games. There was one change in the D and one in the M. Other than that, Canada has been very consistant in their starting lineup through out the 4 nations. It seems the juggling has been in the substitutions. Canada has been active with 5 sub's per game commencing with a few changes at the half and then through the balance of the final 30 minutes.

I guess the final roster will be out today or tomorrow at the latest.

Archived