2010 CONCACAF U17 Tournament

Vic

Well we were very lucky to dodge a penalty with about 5 min to go in the half and the US squandered a good opportunity in the last minute, but our two chances were very close.

It will be interesting to see how the 'unbeatable USA' react.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Price again putting pressure on US defense in the 46th. US keeper got to the ball just before her.

51 st : Great tackle by a canadian D who prevented as US girl to get a golden scoring opportunity.

Pressure from US is building up !

65th minute : Great center on Morgan Bryant head for USA who misses !

80th minute : Golden opportunity missed by McNicoll all alone with US keeper on a Beaulne pass !

We need to decide to win this in regular time... but a good result to this point you have to wonder if we need to learn to be more motivated for teams like Mexico ... if we can get this kind of result versus the USA.

Had we played like this before in the tournament we would not be playing USA right now ! We definetely got the best scoring chance of the game at the 80th minute. We have been very close of winning in regular time ! Unbelievable !!!

2nd ET : Simpson all alone on Canadian keeper. Not her best shot but good save nonetheless for the Canadian keeper.

We are still playing thye ball forward with no clear target or pattern, we seem to penetrate when a player carries the ball ... or rather is forced to carry the ball, but as soon as she has space she sends a ball forward ... to a player or not, that concept of the game has to be condemned for being outdated and ugly. We need to have our players have creative freedom in attack.

We are still playing thye ball forward with no clear target or pattern, we seem to penetrate when a player carries the ball ... or rather is forced to carry the ball, but as soon as she has space she sends a ball forward ... to a player or not, that concept of the game has to be condemned for being outdated and ugly. We need to have our players have creative freedom in attack.
I agree, but I observe this is a common trait with many women's teams, certainly here in BC.

Yanks run right through our goaltender as she tries to catch the ball. She is hurt but looks to stay in for the PK's (5 min left).

ON TO PKs!!!

1st round - Can score; USA score

2nd round - Can score; USA score

3rd round - Can score; USA MISS!!!

4th round - Can score; USA score

If we score here, we're thru.

HALLELUJAH, SWEET MOTHER OF GOD! USA ARE OUT!!!!

Congrats to the players and coaching staff.... results count and full marks to Byran Rosenfeld for gettig his team to do it when needed. Now if we meet Mexico again lets have the players open it up and show we can paly a full attack game for a full ninety.

Surely not you Ed... seriously, we got a result we have five months to get ready for the World cup in T&T, you gotta hope the CSA will help make sure all the players in the pool will be given support to play on W league teams this summer to get the highest level of female game time possible. It time for Morace to start calling on our W league clubs to woman up and offer the players spots on the rosters.

Hopefully we are not sending the players back to local club leagues this summer but get them into more competitive club programs.

With six teams in Ontario and Quebec all the players in the U17 pool can be playing this summer then be pulled together for a good three weeks before world cup to play University teams in pre - season.

Congrat's to the Canadian girls as they did the job asked of them tonight. Serve me a piece of that humble pie as well as never in my wildest dreams was this expected. A stong Ontario contingent lead the fray as eight started the game tonight.

BR made a deal with the devil to get this team and the devil came through on his word. However does Morace have the power to now make the changes she wanted to make all along. The real fight for power will now ensue. Congtrulations to Miss Campbell in calmly putting the ball in the twine, she to me was the Canadian player of the tournament.

Good luck ladies at the WC in Trinidad and Tobago starting Sept 5th.

Never underestimate the power of putting 10 players behind the ball. I hate to be a spoil sport here but all this proves is that Canada can absorb tons of pressure. I saw no coherent and sustained attack and without that I am afraid you only progress so far. But a win is a win and I tip my hat to Rosie for a winning strategy and the players for great execution.

Archived