"Massive blow" to TFC playoff hopes?

Loud Mouth Soup

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

Kristian Jack's latest Tweet:

@KristianJack Tough news for Toronto FC. Massive blow to their playoff push. All will be revealed at training tomorrow morning.

Ya we know, Amado isn't going to be here. Either that or Robbo got hurt at practice or something like that.

KJ?

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

It's too bad we don't have anyone else who can play in Robinson's role... :D

It's unfortunate that Amado isn't here but we do have depth now!

With apologies to Carl, it really isn't all that massive a blow Kristian. I know you guys are great buddies and all and that you have to say something like that but in all seriousness, Robbo has not had a great season and in all honesty, many of us wouldn't have even had him in our starting 11 even with Amado away.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Maybe it was a massive blow to Carl's face that gave him the fractured cheekbone?

OK G-L, JDG or Cronin in the holding MF role? We've no Amado so Vitti will be back in if healthy. We also have Sanyang, Ibby and Chad that can join DeRo in the MF.

Thank goodness for depth!

Talk about drama (eyeroll), no offence to Carl Robinson, but his injury isn't exactly a massive blow to our playoff chances. I was thinking De Guzman or DeRo were hurt when i first read that...

I'm guessing Kristian Jack and Carl are now buddies from TheScore broadcasts so Jack was kissing his ass...

Guys, this is being described as a "massive" blow because, in the minds of most players on that team, Robinson is the last true team leader on the roster. Alot of players are going to be quite upset, especially because Robinson got hurt by some Trialist from Ivory coast.

Someone please explain to my why Mo thinks that NOW is the time to bring in a trialist?? The team is preparing for perhaps the most important home match of its short history and he's bringing trialists into camp now. In my opinion, there is no justification for that.

Word is the Chris Cummins is livid. I would be too and not because I'm a fan of Robbo's game. Frankly, I kind of look at it as addition by subtraction in pure on-field terms. BUT, we're not in the dressing room. This team does not need this at this time. they are a fragile group. their backs are against the wall, the coach is dead man walking, one of the two team leaders was forced to retire, everyone knows DeRo is unhappy about his pay situation with Julian on board, etc. etc. etc. To lose your team's REAL captain to a broken face caused by a player who could not sign with your team until January anyway is going to create more turmoil. Players are going to start to wonder why senior management seems to be trying to sabotage them.

I want to phrase this carefully as I am not in any way happy to hear that someone got a fractured cheekbone but with JDG on board Carl Robinson is no longer a critical factor in centre mid". Adding him to the mix didn't exactly go very well in Chicago. Only way I can see the "massive blow" spin actually having some correlation with reality is if he was going to be used to replace Nick Garcia at the back.

Quite frankly I think it makes it easier to determine where players will be playing, which might be good for setting up the game plan. JDG will obviously take over/continue playing Robbo's role while Sanyang will most likely come in as a sub in midfield. HOPEFULLY Gomez will be given the chance to prove himself against SJ at center back, as I'll consider it three points lost if I see Garcia in the starting line up.

I agree, that if Robbo was going to be put in the center back role, this would be a huge loss, but as I doubt they'd do that at this point, to me it's no biggie.

quote:Originally posted by dbailey62

OK G-L, JDG or Cronin in the holding MF role? We've no Amado so Vitti will be back in if healthy. We also have Sanyang, Ibby and Chad that can join DeRo in the MF.

Thank goodness for depth!

I'd put Cronin or Sanyang there - I don't like Cronin in a winger's role, it's not really his forte IMO.

quote:Originally posted by dbailey62

It's unfortunate that Amado isn't here but we do have depth now!

With apologies to Carl, it really isn't all that massive a blow Kristian. I know you guys are great buddies and all and that you have to say something like that but in all seriousness, Robbo has not had a great season and in all honesty, many of us wouldn't have even had him in our starting 11 even with Amado away.

That said, get well soon Robbo. I hope you're not in too much pain!

Archived