Fan Boycott of Columbus......

Trillium

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

And does not going just play into the Columbus management hands to take away the 12th man of TFC supporters ?

No.

The Crew Front Office have spent the better part of this month calling up Toronto fans who had travelled to their city previously, trying to get them to come down again with promises of free food and drink at a pre-game tail-gate, hotel discounts, and so on.

Columbus management wants us there.

If Toronto gets into the group stage of the CCL, you'll likely see the TFC supporters groups travel to Columbus again. Same with the playoffs.

Skipping this game is to prove a point, and the Crew FO seems to have noticed (they have requested conference call with supporters group leaders to try to sort out an acceptable compromise that would see us travel there in large numbers again).

The TFC trips are the trips that make Columbus more profitable, and the owners of the hotels and such love the business. Ohio is hard hit by this recession and needs this business. This boycott will send a strong message that A. TFC fans need to be protected if they want our business and B. We need to be respected and allowed to support our team in the game. Stopping us from bringing drums et al. will not make for a fun environment which will attract fans.

quote:Originally posted by BringBackTheBlizzard

Hopefully the MLS schedulers will come up with another opponent for the first game of the season within bus travel distance in future. Maybe a large TFC traveling support would be seen as a better fit for Philly's first ever game or the first game at the Red Bull Arena?

Dear God, never mind Columbus, Philadelphia has the potential to be a complete bloodbath.

What a bunch of pussies, singing about following the club wherever they go, and then one wanker gets tazed, and the other starts writing love letters asking to be cuddled. This is Columbus we're talking about, imagine Philly ... don't forget to pack you're pampers.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

What a bunch of pussies, singing about following the club wherever they go, and then one wanker gets tazed, and the other starts writing love letters asking to be cuddled. This is Columbus we're talking about, imagine Philly ... don't forget to pack you're pampers.

How many road trips have you been on, Mr. Impact?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Wow. I'm used to seeing "your" for "you're" and "its" instead of "it's", but it's not often I get to see them the other way round. Seeing an apostrophe added instead of omitted in both of these cases so close together is quite a treat.

Oh, yea...Columbus. Well, TFC lets (no apostrophe) another one slip away. Had the yellow horde by the throat and let them come back.

quote:Originally posted by Tintin

Wow. I'm used to seeing "your" for "you're" and "its" instead of "it's", but it's not often I get to see them the other way round. Seeing an apostrophe added instead of omitted in both of these cases so close together is quite a treat.

Oh, yea...Columbus. Well, TFC lets (no apostrophe) another one slip away. Had the yellow horde by the throat and let them come back.

Please correct the following. You're use to having your mouth full.

Please correct the following. You're use to having your mouth full.

The first thing is you need a colon after the word "following", not a period. The second thing is, it's "used to" not "use to".

I'll write you a letter, and let you know.

In other words, you're too much of a ***** to admit it here that you haven't. Wouldn't want to publicly admit that you're full of crap, would you?

You speak with such authority on stuff you know so little about. If you were in Columbus and witnessed what happened that day, then by all means, speak with authority on the matter.

Since you weren't, kindly STFU.

quote:Originally posted by squizz

Dear God, never mind Columbus, Philadelphia has the potential to be a complete bloodbath.

They haven't played a game yet so what is this based on? I don't think any MLS game is ever likely to be in Millwall away sort of territory thankfully.

The main problem in Columbus is the absurd overreactions by the local police e.g. drawing a tazer on fans helping to push a police cruiser out of the mud. They have more concept in New Jersey and Chicago of how to handle a crowd of soccer fans, in my experience. I suspect Philadelphia would be more like a game against the Red Bulls or Fire than a visit to the Ohio bible belt.

As an aside, there must have been about 150 traveling fans based on what I could see on a 400k webstream anyway. That shows there is a sizable number of hardcore supporters who are not affiliated to any of the fan groups. I susppose that trend was already obvious from the large proway bus contingent in Columbus previously.

^ Philly is one of the toughest towns in America. They used to have a court in the old Veterans Stadium because of all the criminal offences being committed at Eagles games. Flyers games are better, but it's still a rough crowd:

phillyfan.jpg

I was there in April 2004 for a Leafs-Flyers playoff game, we got heckled alot and also heard another Leaf fan (who was black) get called the "N" word. We were befriended by a couple of older Flyers fans who told us a story about seeing a female Giants fan who was "being a bitch" who got decked by a male Eagles fan and everyone in the section cheered.

ok thanks! Glad that no corrections are necessary about having your mouth full.

Mr. Impact,

I'm sorry, but I don't get drawn into internet arguments. Besides that, I have no idea what you're trying to say. Therefore, I will not be responding to you. If you wish to carry on with this on your own, be my guest.

Why in the world would I want to be in Columbus? I've been too enough stadiums to know that if you insult opposing fans in their own stadium, then you should be man enough to live with the consequences.

Who insulted their fans? Stop making shit up just to stir the pot.

You conveniently ignore all of the facts as usual and instead resort to stupid falsities. Fights aren't the problem, the lack of professionalism from the Columbus security (who completely disregarded their own security plan) and the yahoo police department are the problem.

And don't think I haven't noticed that you still have yet to answer my question to you.

quote:Originally posted by Tintin

Mr. Impact,

I'm sorry, but I don't get drawn into internet arguments. Besides that, I have no idea what you're trying to say. Therefore, I will not be responding to you. If you wish to carry on with this on your own, be my guest.

It's all good Tintin, subject closed.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Who insulted their fans? Stop making shit up just to stir the pot.

You conveniently ignore all of the facts as usual and instead resort to stupid falsities. Fights aren't the problem, the lack of professionalism from the Columbus security (who completely disregarded their own security plan) and the yahoo police department are the problem.

And don't think I haven't noticed that you still have yet to answer my question to you.

So the banner comparing their championship, to eating manure is not an insult?

I've travelled more times then you can count, whats your point? Does being a member of a supporters group make you a better fan?

Archived