Dos Santos clears things up

quote:Originally posted by Trident

Time for me to make another list for you to read? Since it seems you can't read posts properly...

1. MDS is a "religious nut job" for saying God was kind enough to allow us to win after he gambled on resting our starters for that match? I personally don't believe in god, but he isn't a "nut job" for saying that. Religion =/= Crazy, there's plenty of secular(that means non-religious) crazy people out there.

2. I never said you're racist and anti everyone, I'm just pointing out that we're known as the province that is intolerant, when so far so many have said you don't deserve to be shot based on religion. And if you don't think it was a bad thing to say, ask Cheeta why it had to be modded out?

2b. I never accused you of saying we're racist. I can't quote you, so I can't accuse you, which is good because I never accused you of saying we're intolerant. It seems like you need to go back to grade school, so you can learn to read simple sentences and understand allusion. Maybe it would also teach you some patience, to reflect on what you post, before doing so. It would save you from looking like a fool.

3.I'm glad we're nothing alike(not a like, like you believe), because you're one of the dimmest people I've ever heard of(hyperbole-look it up).

4. I'd be happy to be compared to Krammerhead, over a know-nothing, johhny-come-lately plastic like yourself. And I must say, I'm not calling as many TFC fans johnny come lately's as I have before, but I think you are an especially new fan, considering how little you know about your own team.

Maybe you should stop and think before jumping the gun next time, Kyle.

Wow, I love how you pretend you know me. You obviously think I'm somebody else. Of course, all TFC fans are plastics so it doesn't matter how much I know before you make that accusation.

I can assure you, my educational background more sound than the majority of folks here, but I'm not going to get into that to satisfy your apparent fascination with everything I've posted since I arrived.

Also, as a former Lynks Seasons Ticket holder, I can assure you I am not some plastic, I've had history as a footie fan unlike many others (and not that it matters).

What I wonder is why you have so much time in the world research my posts 6-7 weeks back? Really do you have that much time on your hands?

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

I applaud that protest (much better than the TFC supporter protest a few weeks earlier IMO).

We really did hit the target haven't we?

The timing was spectacular for us though. I mean, everything was there for the media to jump on the story. Vancouver screwed out of the Champions League by a terrible Impact performance against TFC and the Caps playing in Montreal only two short days later. And lucky for us, it was "soccer day in Canada", with the game broadcasted across the country in both languages.

It surely wouldn't have had the same effect had we played our following game 10 days later against Cleveland...

However, our work was done on Friday, and several media followed up on our release (even in Vancouver).

You guys did a good job that day. I can tell that Saputo planned his public apology to avert a public relations disaster, that probably will linger on for many years to come. Too bad you couldn't put up a banner or something relaying your message across, although I'm sure Saputo would've been more embarassed by it.

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

We really did hit the target haven't we?

The timing was spectacular for us though. I mean, everything was there for the media to jump on the story. Vancouver screwed out of the Champions League by a terrible Impact performance against TFC and the Caps playing in Montreal only two short days later. And lucky for us, it was "soccer day in Canada", with the game broadcasted across the country in both languages.

It surely wouldn't have had the same effect had we played our following game 10 days later against Cleveland...

However, our work was done on Friday, and several media followed up on our release (even in Vancouver).

timing is everything. well done gentlemen.

quote:Originally posted by mtl-supporter23

I'll just repeat what people have been saying all over boards and websites this past week...You do realize we are in an 11 team league with squads such as Cleveland,Austin and Miami. In this 11 squad league 7 TEAMS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. Now are these 3 points really worth losing club honor and prestige as compared to facing Carolina instead of Charleston in the playoffs? Come on...

The city of Montreal in general sought out to earn respect in the global soccer scene last year. All that fighting to earn respect went down the drain with that 6-1 loss, a loss that will live in infamy. No matter how many cups any past,present and future Montreal clubs will win there will always be that 6-1 loss looming in the record books.

When people blame Saputo for this loss I don't think they understand who actually runs this club. Saputo stated himself on CBC that he rarely speaks to the players on the day of a match for motivation or any such thing, there are 2 men that run this club; MDS and NDS. NDS assembled a squad that features the likes of players such as Sakuda who lack great skill to play even in the USL.(In no way am I dumping on the player here, he was tendered a contract why shouldn't he accept) Meenwhile MDS showed an incredible lack of respect towards the supporters, the city, and Canadian soccer in general. In fact I don't think he still realizes the severity of that loss.

i dont think i have anything left for tonight, man i need sleep

It seems to me that your caring too much abouth what Vancouver and Toronto think. At the end of the day, The Montreal Impact lost this tournament long before the last game against TFC. Playing his best players in a meaningless game, when you have a league game less then 48 hrs is ridiculous.

The league game comes first because you want to improve your chances of finishing as high as possible in the standings so that you could get home field advantage. There is a difference between finishing 7th and playing Rochester, or finishing third and playing Miami.

I understand that Losing to Toronto by that big a margin, is difficult to accept, But Marc Desantos acted like a good manager, and made the right decision (win against Whitecaps.)

Where I will agree with you is on the signings made by NDS. He was in the mix last year for signing Marlon James, instead he signed Peter Byers and some other guy who was also a bust.

quote:Originally posted by TFCRegina

And maybe you should learn his real name Trillium rather than picking the first name that starts with K. I can assure you it's not Kyle, as I know kyam IRL. Stop MAKING ASSUMPTIONS.

Geez.. keep me out of this ... Laughs out Loud, seriously Kyam, Kyle, Kimmy.. who cares ... the point is the person you know in real life has a significant set of problems.

I would suggest he needs to realize being rude, lacking knowledge, and generally creating a negative view of himslef .... on the forums does not stand him a good chance of moving forward in life with any significant amount of good karma.

TFCRegina ( do you support the leafs ? )

Now that I know that God and Dos Santos will use their B Squard in the meaningless games versus Haiti, Syria, Bordeaux, And River Plate I'll keep may money in my pocket and advise others to do the same.

Imagine what kind of a slaughter some of those matches could be.

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

Geez.. keep me out of this ... Laughs out Loud, seriously Kyam, Kyle, Kimmy.. who cares ... the point is the person you know in real life has a significant set of problems.

I would suggest he needs to realize being rude, lacking knowledge, and generally creating a negative view of himslef .... on the forums does not stand him a good chance of moving forward in life with any significant amount of good karma.

TFCRegina ( do you support the leafs ? )

Whats with the assumption that TFC fans are Leaf fans? I'm sure many Impact fans aren't Hab fans... or hockey fans at all!

Oils fan right here... City of Champions [8D] ... just got myself a new Vintage Jersey to boot!

quote:Originally posted by mtlfan

Now that I know that God and Dos Santos will use their B Squard in the meaningless games versus Haiti, Syria, Bordeaux, And River Plate I'll keep may money in my pocket and advise others to do the same.

Imagine what kind of a slaughter some of those matches could be.

Way to support youe team. I guess "semper fidelis" doesn't apply to many montreal fans. What you should do, is take a look at the Impacts schedule, and you'll realize that they play Haiti on july 1, only game of the week, and the wednesday after we play Syria after having played at charleston the sunday before. Full 48 hrs rest. Girondins, is the only game of the week (july 28). RiverPlate is also only game of the week.

You have the right to protest if you don't like what the club is doing. Also be able to give credit when credit is do.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

Way to support youe team. I guess "semper fidelis" doesn't apply to many montreal fans. What you should do, is take a look at the Impacts schedule, and you'll realize that they play Haiti on july 1, only game of the week, and the wednesday after we play Syria after having played at charleston the sunday before. Full 48 hrs rest. Girondins, is the only game of the week (july 28). RiverPlate is also only game of the week.

You have the right to protest if you don't like what the club is doing. Also be able to give credit when credit is do.

MrImpact,

I think those against MDS' decision think that players are robots who can play games after games... Soccer is not like hockey!!!

Players have to rest and will even oppose to a coach who is asking them to play too much ( less than almost 72 hours of rest between games). When I see the numbers of injured players in the Impact rooster, I'm afraid to loose one more.

quote:Originally posted by kyam

Whats with the assumption that TFC fans are Leaf fans? I'm sure many Impact fans aren't Hab fans... or hockey fans at all!

Dude, seriously?

He didn't assume all of you are Leafs fans, he ASKED ONE GUY if he was.

I know I rag on you a lot, but shit, you honestly need to read things better.

quote:Originally posted by Trident

Dude, seriously?

He didn't assume all of you are Leafs fans, he ASKED ONE GUY if he was.

I know I rag on you a lot, but shit, you honestly need to read things better.

Seriously, don't you understand the concept of reading between the lines? Its a very simple concept here in English-Canada [^]

quote:Originally posted by mtlfan

I had no idea he was a Christian I thought he was a idiot.

Montreal Gazette Sunday June 21,2009

I’m Christian and God is very fair,” head coach Marc Dos Santos said after seeing his team get back to the .500 mark at 4-4-2. “He’s extremely fair because when I took the decision to rest guys, guys who played today, I didn’t make that decision for me. I make it for the club because we knew the three points that were important were (today), not Thursday.

“So it was fair what happened today. My team showed up. The real Montreal Impact showed up,” he said.

Those two are definitely not mutually exclusive.

I highlighted the wrong sentence the first time I read this. If I could manage about 25 more mistakes in the next 90 minutes, I could be a CONCACAF ref. Anyone have Jack Warner's phone number, I could use some cash.

Seriously, don't you understand the concept of reading between the lines? Its a very simple concept here in English-Canada [^]

I don't think you can say he said all of you guys are Leafs fans..jesus.

ANd I know a little something about english canada, considering I'm a displaced anglophone.

Whats with the assumption that <s>TFC</s> Impact fans <s>are Leaf fans</s> french speakers? I'm sure many <s>Impact</s> Toronto fans aren't <s>Hab fans</s> english...

Archived