May 13 - V's Cup: Toronto vs. Montreal

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by john tv

These Lynx fans God love them were the forefathers of what we are experiencing right across North America,the birth of soccer legions and levels of support and commitment which is second to none in our part of the sports world. Yes Rudi, GL and others were the first crazy ones and this will be part of our future soccer history.So Lynxies thanks and keep it up,who knows were this is all leading ,but foremost nothing but the ultimate sports fun,and thanks for a memeory I really did not expect to have now.

What?

Are you serious?

Tom Anselmi is a crook and a liar. He is no stranger at greasing palms, and he did just that to ensure a TFC win. There is no reason to have had biased linesmen for Ontario. Look at the reaction of the TFC plays after Rocco Scores, not one of them complains about a possible offside.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

Tom Anselmi is a crook and a liar. He is no stranger at greasing palms, and he did just that to ensure a TFC win. There is no reason to have had biased linesmen for Ontario. Look at the reaction of the TFC plays after Rocco Scores, not one of them complains about a possible offside.

He also had a biased Montreal linesman and a neutral BC ref in the middle.

Stop that nonsense please.

quote:Originally posted by Trident

It's ok K-head, apparently me commenting on the banner after they all mentioned it is random and stupid.

1.Not random if all of you bring it up, I looked for it because you guys are fellating each other over it, and I expected something good.

2. It's not a banner, it's a two stick flag, my friend.

Rudi, I've seen you post about toning down the feuds between supporters, but I comment on the FLAG, without namecalling, and you say it was stupid of me.

It takes two sides to stop a fight, and you don't seem commited to ending the cyber bitching that is ruining the voyageurs.

You commented on it well after anyone had mentioned it, without quoting anyone for attribution, in the middle of a conversation about another topic.

It is a two-stick BANNER. There are many FLAGS waving all around it.

Your comment, at the time it was posted, was random and stupid. I don't give a crap about starting feuds with you.

As an impact fan, my opinion is :

The goal was good. But... Impact played a horrible game and didn't deserve even the tie. TFC deserved to win that one, they outclassed the opponent.

I just wish that IMFC begins to play like they did last year, that 4-0 win against Austin is a good start...

Just noticed something while looking at that video several times. if you pause it at the 5th, 6th and 7th second mark, you will notice, at the bottom right hand side of the screen, a white jersey running past a red jersey #4 ( Marco Velez). That player disappears from the picture from that point forward. But clearly looks like he is headed in an offside position. Perhaps it was he, who was offiside but we are missing it because we are all focused on the left hand side of the pitch where Placentino was. If that player was indeed behind the last defender, you cannot make an argument that he was in a passive position becasue he would have been clearly involved in the play

If you look at the shadows at the 8th second mark, the possibility grows stronger that the offside player may have been the guy who was out of the picture. See the 22nd second mark.

Just noticed something else at the very end when that same player re appears into the picture. As the ball is in net his demeanour would be one that I would expect from someone whose goofed.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

Im no fan of Anselmi, just another MLSE Hunchman....

But if anyone is "greasing their palms", its Joey Saputo on the non-PK call.. both calls were debatable...but I think the PK non-call against the Impact was far more obvious than this "off-side" call.

Either way Mr. Impact, you gotta admit, the Impact were lucky they didn't get killed, so stop picking at straws.

How bout that Off-side call on Cunningham last year? What woulda happened to the Impact's CCL run if that wasn't called?

Archived