Peschisolido new St. Pats Assistant Manager

sholtz

Great news! This is exactly the type of thing I was hoping to see from this generation of Canadian players who grew-up sans NASL. And though Ireland is pretty damn close to the UK, it's nice to see he's gone outside of Britain. He's already surpassed Mitchell in terms of pedigree. And I say that in all seriousness. Ireland might be a small league, but it produces a lot a great players. Good luck to him and Jeff Kenna!

I just wish De Vos had stayed and done something similar.

Guest Jeffery S.

It's like getting a minor job for a USL division 2 team. NCAA probably pays more. I don't think Voyageurs needs to congratulate him for that, really.

^^

It's still a start and it's in Europe so I would imagine it would be easier to make a jump to a higher level league from there than it would be from a USL-2 team. He also has a reputation in England so after some experience in Ireland I could definitly see him making the jump to an English league club. What clubs has dale mitchell managed before he joined the CSA? The whitecaps for a couple years. Paul starting off with St Pats is something good for sure. Its just the start.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

Great news! This is exactly the type of thing I was hoping to see from this generation of Canadian players who grew-up sans NASL. And though Ireland is pretty damn close to the UK, it's nice to see he's gone outside of Britain. He's already surpassed Mitchell in terms of pedigree. And I say that in all seriousness. Ireland might be a small league, but it produces a lot a great players. Good luck to him and Jeff Kenna!

I just wish De Vos had stayed and done something similar.

This thread should probably be in the Men's National Teams & Players section as I think information on Canadian coaches is relevant there.

Nolando, I agree with you that this is a good move for Pesch. However, I can't agree with your statement that, "He's already surpassed Mitchell in terms of pedigree." The Irish league is not superior in playing level to the USL. They produce more players but that is because they have more teams and a better youth set up and particularly because their players can transfer anywhere in Europe and in particular to England at a young age without needing a work permit.

I am not defending Mitchell and his qualifications were poor for taking the national team position but he has been head coach of the Whitecaps and has a lot of experience as a U-20 international coach (and at times has done quite well at this level) and this is far more pedigree than being the assistant manager of an Irish league team. You have to start somewhere though so good on Pesch for taking this opportunity.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I don't think Voyageurs needs to congratulate him for that, really.

Yeah, let's not congratulate him on getting a coaching job. Let's not congratulate him on starting from the ground floor and working to prove himself. Let's not congratulate him on not letting ego get the better of him and holding out for a top-flight job.

And let's not show respect and honest happiness for the guy by congratulating him.

^Grizzly, are you saying all axis of evil members from Vancouver look alike? That's racist my friend. I'm disappointed in you.

I do follow the Irish league a bit, being a Bohemians Dublin supporter. I don't totally disagree in the USL comparison: Jeff Clarke himself, an above average USL player, played for SPA in his prime, while Wesley Charles just came from Jeff Kenna's former club, Galway United. Grizzly noted, and then dismissed as irrelevant, that the Irish League has produced some good young players. Recent Irish Internationals Kevin Doyle, Shane Long, Daryl Murphy, Noel Hunt, and Damien Delaney all played senior football in Ireland, while many other played youth football with professional clubs there.

I will retract my comment that Pesch has accomplished more than Mitchell only on the basis that he's only Ass Man. But you have to throw all Mitchell's [mis]management of Canada -good and bad- out the window because it's obvious Dale is a CSA hack who does not deserve his position. On the club side, it's far easier to manage at home. Pesch has not only gone abroad, but is doing so outside the UK. (Okay, not very far outside, but outside nonetheless). This is also important because knowledge of a foreign league is very beneficial for club managers because it gives them an opportunity to poach players others may not know about.

You can never take the piss at where a manager starts out. I mean Martin O'Neill, a pretty decent Derry City player in his own right, started out at Grantham Town. Try to find that on the pyramid without your spectacles. The great Pat Dolan himself managed Cork City. Fat bastard that he is.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

Yeah, let's not congratulate him on getting a coaching job. Let's not congratulate him on starting from the ground floor and working to prove himself. Let's not congratulate him on not letting ego get the better of him and holding out for a top-flight job.

And let's not show respect and honest happiness for the guy by congratulating him.

Frankly, the point is that someone suggested sending a congrats note from the Vs. And that is not really justified. Admit it, it is a crappy little job in a non-entity club in a poor league, way below where he was as a player (the least he could be doing is youth coach at a League One or Two side), and if that is a start then I am going to work towards my Iron Chef restaurant by starting as line cook at Denny's. Patty Melt anyone?

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Frankly, the point is that someone suggested sending a congrats note from the Vs. And that is not really justified. Admit it, it is a crappy little job in a non-entity club in a poor league, way below where he was as a player (the least he could be doing is youth coach at a League One or Two side), and if that is a start then I am going to work towards my Iron Chef restaurant by starting as line cook at Denny's. Patty Melt anyone?

Wow. You really are being a douche about this, aren't you? Sad that you just can't be happy for the guy.

Sending congratulations on his first job in coaching 'is not justified'? Christ on a crust...

^Grizzly, are you saying all axis of evil members from Vancouver look alike? That's racist my friend. I'm disappointed in you.

The problem with all you Vancouverites is you all look the same! However, I am not taking it back that I called you Nolando. I have done some top secret research and have learned that you and he are indeed the same person and in fact also the same person as Jefferey S. So not only do you look the same, you are the same. Everyone heard it here first! :D

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

Wow. You really are being a douche about this, aren't you? Sad that you just can't be happy for the guy.

Sending congratulations on his first job in coaching 'is not justified'? Christ on a crust...

We should send a press release explaining why the Voyageurs aren't congratulating Pesch on his new job. That would make sense...

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

The problem with all you Vancouverites is you all look the same! However, I am not taking it back that I called you Nolando. I have done some top secret research and have learned that you and he are indeed the same person and in fact also the same person as Jefferey S. So not only do you look the same, you are the same. Everyone heard it here first! :D

I don't think it's possible that Jeffrey S. could be a clone. Say what you want about him, he's one of a kind. Nolando and I only look the same because of our flashy moves on the pitch in the UBC rec league this past spring/summer. But I would have thought a football expert like yourself could tell the difference between a libero (me) and a fullback (him).

EDIT: :D

I don't think it's possible that Jeffrey S. could be a clone. Say what you want about him, he's one of a kind. Nolando and I only look the same because of our flashy moves on the pitch in the UBC rec league this past spring/summer. But I would have thought a football expert like yourself could tell the difference between a libero (me) and a fullback (him).

EDIT: :D

Sorry I missed the last GOL tv broadcast of the UBC rec league so I can't comment on your play there. However, my explanation for the rest of your comments is: one guy with multiple personalities. Kind of like this:

:)[8D]:(

Which one do you think is the Jeffery personality?

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Sorry I missed the last GOL tv broadcast of the UBC rec league so I can't comment on your play there. However, my explanation for the rest of your comments is: one guy with multiple personalities. Kind of like this:

Not many guys get mistaken for nolando;

ykwa - despite your legendary "fag" thread you have thus far only received your axis training stripes

Ireland will be a Home from Home for a Canuck Soccer Fan.

Eircom League gets sod all coverage. Number one priority in the Free State is the Premiership and SPL, then it's Gaelic Games, then Rugby, then Horse Racing, then Golf, then Snooker, then finally the Eircom League.

Archived