Whitecaps-Puerto Rico Thread (R)

Guest Jeffery S.

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

I had a good talk on the ferry last night with someone in the know. The players and the club seem to believe that the men's whitecaps is equivalent to the u19 club in Germany or Austria. Because of this if they seem to be a starter there is a good chance they will stay.

u19 Bundesliga teams would be more comparable to Whitecaps Residency then the senior team. You can't tell me that Kyle Porter, Eddie Sidra and Cody Cook would have been starting for the Whitecaps this year also as those guys start in Germany

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Keegan

u19 Bundesliga teams would be more comparable to Whitecaps Residency then the senior team. You can't tell me that Kyle Porter, Eddie Sidra and Cody Cook would have been starting for the Whitecaps this year also as those guys start in Germany

That is correct. The U19 Bundesliga teams would definitely play at a much higher level than the Whitecaps residency team but at a much lower level than the Whitecaps 1st team. A residency team member would be wise to move to Germany if given the opportunity but anyone already getting playing time on the 1st team would have to consider his options much more carefully and make sure he was really going to a better situation.

[sorry that I am getting here so late... My wife wouldn't ley me near the computer until I came back in from the window ledge--loosing can be a bit hard sometimes but it is a part of competing...]

CONGATULATIONS TO THE VANCOUVER WHITECAPS!!!

The better side won yesterday. You guys have had a remarkable turnaround since making the coaching change. You should be proud.

ALL HAIL THE VICTORS!!! Well Done.

MUCH RESPECT TO THE CASCACDIANS AND ALL OF THE WHITECAPS SUPPORTERS EVERYWHERE!

Lets hope. It was an amazing feeling to sit amongst the Southsiders and sing. Usually i stand beside the Southsiders just off to the right but to meet some of you guys and sing along made a memorable night more special. I hope we gained some more loyal supporters for the upcoming seasons. What an amazing night. The only bad part was i had to run to work immediately afterwards = no beer!!!

Fantastic atmosphere at the game. I got to it 15 minutes before the start and had to park miles away, but I could already hear the singing from there. Gave me goose bumps.

I thought P.R. played well especially their D. but there is not much they could do about Gbeke headers goals. Clarke what a lovely flick back to Gbeke. Was Clarke ever huge in the Montreal series and this game.

In terms of Gage I thought it was a mistake to start him in the Montreal game (biggest game he's ever played in) at such a young age, but was I ever wrong. I thought he was one of the best players on the pitch. So reliable defensively as well. I thought he was better in the Montreal game, but still very good against P.R.

It was a pretty cool sight seeing all the fans swarm the field while the Caps were being presented the trophy, I'm hooked, I need that every year now.

quote:Originally posted by Johnnie Monster

One thing nobody has mentioned....

Was that not THE BEST "O Canada" heard at Swangard, or what?

Just amazing to hear so many voices in the Southside very sureal .... cant wait for 2009 ! wont be too hard to get me to hand over my $$ for season tickets ;)

quote:Originally posted by Jon Que

Fantastic atmosphere at the game. I got to it 15 minutes before the start and had to park miles away, but I could already hear the singing from there. Gave me goose bumps.

I thought P.R. played well especially their D. but there is not much they could do about Gbeke headers goals. Clarke what a lovely flick back to Gbeke. Was Clarke ever huge in the Montreal series and this game.

In terms of Gage I thought it was a mistake to start him in the Montreal game (biggest game he's ever played in) at such a young age, but was I ever wrong. I thought he was one of the best players on the pitch. So reliable defensively as well. I thought he was better in the Montreal game, but still very good against P.R.

It was a pretty cool sight seeing all the fans swarm the field while the Caps were being presented the trophy, I'm hooked, I need that every year now.

I wasn't aware he had won a starter job until the playoffs. I figured they were just resting players. Pretty amazing for a 17 year old kid to just win a starting spot on a 2nd place team with just a month left in the season.

Archived