Impact/Caps television coverage

Keano

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

I could be wrong, but I don't think Radio-Canada had either game in the Montreal-Seattle series.

You may be confusing the CONCACAF Champions League with the USL.

No, you're right I think CL and USL are the same thing.

Sarcasm aside, SRC has shown every Impact home game this season as I stated. You may be right that they don't have the playoffs though.

There has been a discussion about this on the Impact forum. Radio-Canada has not shown any USL playoff games...... and are not scheduled to show any of the Van MTL series. But they might show the final if they make it. Basically they said they made their schedule weeks ago, and there is no possible way to change it........... sad

Raven is spot on, Radio-Canada (unfortunately) has their crappy schedule already made and won't be showign any Impact playoff games unless they make it to the finals. The same can be said about CL games, with the home games on tape delay (1145pm) and away games only available thru their website. such a shame, hopefully for next year they either get their act together and start showing some soccer regularly and fix their schedule if something comes up, aka. champions league or maybe RDS can sign a cotnract with the impact

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Radio-Canada has only showed a handful of Impact home USL games all season long (like 6-8 games at most). Not all of the home games like you state.

Really? My bad then. It's all hearsay for me, I'm at all the games.

Im a Toronto FC fan from Toronto.

I would love to see the series live on CBC. I think the teams deserve it and the matches should be highly entertaining. I would definetly watch these games and they should definelty be live on national television. How can you expect people to like the impact or whitecaps otherwise?

Hell, when a station like TSN doesn't even show CONCACAF Champions League highlights which include a Canadian team, it's not surprising that any other station won't bother to pick up these games. Our national media can suck my c*ck...

^It's disgusting, makes me sick. If the bother showing TFC highlights in MLS regular season i don't know why they wouldn't show Impact CHAMPIONS LEAGUE highlights! It annoys me that even for the UEFA champions league or Premier league highlights on weekends they breeze thru them in like 45 seconds yet waste all this time with post-game interviews for a meaningless NHL regular season game (dont get ,e wrong im a huge NHL/HABS fan but they could use that time better).

Hallo wake up guys,it's about time,it's johntv the self proclaimed media basher.I guess I will have to keep on fighting on my own. Or maybe benny will change his wolf cloths and take on that effen media.

Here is the real funny one. Last night I was channel flipping on my HD channels and all of a sudden a soccer game.I looked at it for about 2 or so minutes and when I turned up the sound here was Reed the CBC guy.This was a Canadian game I realized,must be the Manic I guessed and assumed the Blue guys were our guys,So Far so good. hey the score was 1-0 for the good guys and I really started to get into this Canadian game.

I must admit that these other guys were a lot better and also assumed it would be a matter of time.1-1 after half time. Fell asleep,sorry Grizz it was around 1 or so.Before i dozed of I was convinced that these other guys would win.Surprise with about 2 minutes to go the score was 2-1 for the good guys.The Manic goalie apparently stepped over the 18 yard line and the bad guys were awarded a free kick. I went back into my memory bank and that Concacef animal stuck up it's ugly head. I knew that this was a terrible call. They took that free kick which resulted in a corner kick and they did not score.2-1 for the Canadian team.The replay clearly showed that he never stepped over the line.

Anyway Grizz congratulations and what is the name of that team and what is next. This is now all about Canada.

Sorry for my ignorance and i guess the media failed to let me know,

I agree that in fact this competition has no attention in our media and again they really don't care or even attempt to care even a little.Soccer please go away i think.

I must say that these Manic guys are the luckiest guys in the world. That other team was way better,but hey we need a break and why not the Manic and the USL.

Archived