Impact/Caps television coverage

Keano

quote:Originally posted by MTLcanada514

^It's disgusting, makes me sick. If the bother showing TFC highlights in MLS regular season i don't know why they wouldn't show Impact CHAMPIONS LEAGUE highlights! It annoys me that even for the UEFA champions league or Premier league highlights on weekends they breeze thru them in like 45 seconds yet waste all this time with post-game interviews for a meaningless NHL regular season game (dont get ,e wrong im a huge NHL/HABS fan but they could use that time better).

For the record, I've seen Montreal's CCL highlights for each of their games thus far on TSN.

The highlight packages weren't long, but they were definitely there.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Hallo wake up guys,it's about time,it's johntv the self proclaimed media basher.I guess I will have to keep on fighting on my own. Or maybe benny will change his wolf cloths and take on that effen media.

Here is the real funny one. Last night I was channel flipping on my HD channels and all of a sudden a soccer game.I looked at it for about 2 or so minutes and when I turned up the sound here was Reed the CBC guy.This was a Canadian game I realized,must be the Manic I guessed and assumed the Blue guys were our guys,So Far so good. hey the score was 1-0 for the good guys and I really started to get into this Canadian game.

I must admit that these other guys were a lot better and also assumed it would be a matter of time.1-1 after half time. Fell asleep,sorry Grizz it was around 1 or so.Before i dozed of I was convinced that these other guys would win.Surprise with about 2 minutes to go the score was 2-1 for the good guys.The Manic goalie apparently stepped over the 18 yard line and the bad guys were awarded a free kick. I went back into my memory bank and that Concacef animal stuck up it's ugly head. I knew that this was a terrible call. They took that free kick which resulted in a corner kick and they did not score.2-1 for the Canadian team.The replay clearly showed that he never stepped over the line.

Anyway Grizz congratulations and what is the name of that team and what is next. This is now all about Canada.

Sorry for my ignorance and i guess the media failed to let me know,

I agree that in fact this competition has no attention in our media and again they really don't care or even attempt to care even a little.Soccer please go away i think.

I must say that these Manic guys are the luckiest guys in the world. That other team was way better,but hey we need a break and why not the Manic and the USL.

John, you really shouldn't comment about games when you only watch 20 minutes of them. We got an early goal and were defending a lead through much of the 1st half. The Impact played well for the first 25 minutes but then started to sit back too much. There was a period before the first goal where Olimpia began to dominate and after they scored this continued to the end of the half. In the 2nd half the Impact came out strong and there were also many periods in which the Impact dominated play. The game was close and the teams were evenly matches and it could have gone either way. We were full measure for the win though and it was not some lucky result although some luck may have been involved just like in most games. The Olimpia players did not seem superior to ours at all unlike Atlante a week earlier. Atlante did not play as well as a team as we did but they definitely had players above our level, Olimpia did not.

I guess I kind of qualified myself,but from what I saw these guys were better both in skill and the way they passed the ball around.In fact at times they seemed to enjoy that ability.Anyway I am very delighted with that result and I guess I will have to find out what is next.I certainly will make it a point to watch the game when it is on.BTW I always have been a big fan of John Limniatis,it seems going back many years.

impact played a classic champions league away game.

went there to get a result and that was the main objective.

its up to the home team to entertain.

and that they did very well in mtl.

better than what we have seen from our national team.

they did it in style in mtl

what holding soccer back is the poor performance of our national teams.

the impact have been playing at a the rate of 1 game almost every 2 days

for quite a while.and yet they r managing to grind up result.

players beleiving in the system the coach put forward.

it all comes dwn to having confidence in their coach.

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

I'm surprised that FSC and FSWC even show USL matches other than the final. I can't image the ratings being good. I'm a big fan of the league and I think I've only watched half a dozen games this season.

And who watches the Shaw broadcasts?

I watch both. The USL pays to have their games shown of FSC, thats why they are on, it's paid programming.

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

Now that we know there will be a feed lets start bombarding bold with requests to air it.

I emailed them and plan on calling them all day: 1-866-306-INFO(4636)

Waste of time. USL live has the English rights to tonights game. The USL aren't going to let a channel cover a game they are trying to make money on.

quote:And who watches the Shaw broadcasts?

I tried to catch all the Whitecaps Shaw broadcasts, but sometimes when they said they were being shown on Shaw, they wouldn't come on. Of course, Shaw's cable channel is region-based, so Saskatoon rarely if ever receives anything but its own programming, which has me sadly disappointed. I really hope they extend the Caps coverage to all of western Canada.

Archived