Brazil 2014

jimstam

So when do we start looking forward to the next WC?

I avoided going to this game cause I knew there would be violent acts and don't trust security at stadium - they underestimate these guys..

Maybe for next WC we'll finally get a Haiti/Suriname draw before final round?

What really needs to happen is a change in the concacaf WCQ format. The 3rd round should have 2 "HEX"'s. Or at least, two groups of 5 like in Asia. How are countries like Canada, Jamaica, Surinam, etc ever going to improve? They're not good enough to reach the HEX which means spending 3 years out of every 4 not playing meaningful matches regularily on FIFA int'l dates.

No other confederation is like CONCACAF where the national teams for fairly large nations are dormant for years on end.

All this is true. And, in the end, we can talk endlessly about the support but it all comes down to what happens on the pitch. The support was 10 times better this time. Even though there was a overly large contingent of foreign support, the support from the supporters group in both Stade Saputo and BMO, was the best ever.

It has to happen on the pitch. We need to create more scoring chances, score more goal, eliminate defensive and/or critcal mental mistakes. But most importantly we need players who can do those things. Things can chance quickly, but as it stands today ( based on whats down the pipeline), I am more worried for 2014 than I was was prior to the start of WCQ 2010.

Yes, we could be playing in the hex, if we were in a different group. Just like last time. But yopu still have to beat the like sof Jam and Hon at home.

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

What really needs to happen is a change in the concacaf WCQ format. The 3rd round should have 2 "HEX"'s. Or at least, two groups of 5 like in Asia. How are countries like Canada, Jamaica, Surinam, etc ever going to improve? They're not good enough to reach the HEX which means spending 3 years out of every 4 not playing meaningful matches regularily on FIFA int'l dates.

No other confederation is like CONCACAF where the national teams for fairly large nations are dormant for years on end.

they should just leave the format how it is, Canada is better than countries like surinam ect...

what sucks is that concacaf randomly assigned seeds 1 to 12!

they should have seeded teams 1-3, 4-6, 7-9 and 10-12.

it is a disgrace that honduras, mexico and canada are in same group based on fifa rankings and gold cup results..

and that suriname and haiti are in same group..

UEFA does much better job assigning seeds..

i mean usa mexico canada and honduras could have been in same pre-final group!

quote:Originally posted by jimstam

what sucks is that concacaf randomly assigned seeds 1 to 12!

they should have seeded teams 1-3, 4-6, 7-9 and 10-12.

it is a disgrace that honduras, mexico and canada are in same group based on fifa rankings and gold cup results..

and that suriname and haiti are in same group..

UEFA does much better job assigning seeds..

i mean usa mexico canada and honduras could have been in same pre-final group!

No they couldn't have. CONCACAF pooled 1-3, 4-6 and 7-12.

Archived