Are the V's Seattle banners coming to Montreal ?

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

I'm more convinced that numbers is not the issue for the Vs. Rather, we need to be able to become more visible. Especially on TV. A lot of people who would like to be with the pro Canada crowd don't know we exist. C'mon, everybody loves the massive flag. And a couple hundred could easily get it going. Unfortunately, it does seem a bit cost prohibitive at this point.

IMHO, if I had to choose between the two, I would take the flag (that said, everything would be welcome).

I agree completely that we must now become more visible. We are more organized than ever before and are moving in the right direction.

quote:Originally posted by SilverSamurai

Something is being worked on re: a giant Canadian flag for the TO leg at BMO of the qualifiers...

I'm pretty sure I can do one better and have a giant Canada flag for the St. VAG game in Montreal.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

I'm pretty sure I can do one better and have a giant Canada flag for the St. VAG game in Montreal.

Right on, Rudi. Great work! Let me and a few V's know if you need

some $$.

quote:Originally posted by redhat

Right on, Rudi. Great work! Let me and a few V's know if you need

some $$.

No need for $$$, it was given to the TFC supporters as a gift from the Canadian embassy on an away trip to DC, and it is currently in the hands of a U-Sector member.

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

Well, I'm not coming that far not to hang them. The banners are going up.

Exactly. If the CSA is serious about supporting us supporting the MNT (how's that for a mouthful?), then I don't expect any hassle. I can deal with some reasonable limits, but I won't be putting up with Saputo fascism.

I'll be putting up a flag that says "Vancouver 1886 Loyal". 80 inches (6 feet and 8 inches) long by 58 inches (4 feet and 10 inches) tall. It's in Canada colours, and has nothing to do with the Whitecaps.

Have a peek here (at the second flag): http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m71/BWA123/28412whitecaps.jpg

The first flag will only be coming out for the Montreal vs. Vancouver match on the 17th.

BTW, we used Flagtech, which is based in St-Laurent / Montreal. How's that for a bunch of Vancouverites helping out the Quebec economy? ;)

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

P.S. The "loyal" refers to the act of loyal footie support, and to loyal support of the country of Canada, but not deference to any sort of inbred European family whom I shan't mention. ;)

Wow, you certainly like the green party and Koreans.

Archived