Are the V's Seattle banners coming to Montreal ?

WF, I am planning to make a new banner to bring to Mtl. Size will be limited only by the amount of $ I happen to have available next week, hopefully at least as big as the others.

Haven't decided what it will say, it will depend on the size. I was thinking of making it a 2 stick (or 3 stick) for a few of us to hold up over our section at the beginning of each half. Let me know if this is ok.

The banners that I plan to bring and hang are as follows.(Approx. measures only)

1. "Super Canucks"- 30'

2. Red and White Checkered-16'

3. "Voyageurs"-8'

4. "Red and White Forever"-5'

5. Canada Flag with Vancouver BC printed-7'

Blue and White Army will also be bringing flags and banners. I'm sure he'll be posting soon.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

A related question: should we have a large Vs flag made up for the supporters section? Maybe some of the TFC guys can gives us ideas of cost, and where to get it manufactured. I'd gladly pitch a few bucks to get that done before qualifying starts.

We go through store4fans.com, which has made flags, banners and scarves for four TFC supporters groups (as well as scarves for the Voyageurs).

It's been a couple of months since I've bought anything from them, but I believe you're looking at $22 per square metre for a high quality banner/flag.

I highly doubt it could be made and shipped (from Poland) in time for the St. VAG game, but it's worth looking into for future games.

A related question: should we have a large Vs flag made up for the supporters section? Maybe some of the TFC guys can gives us ideas of cost, and where to get it manufactured. I'd gladly pitch a few bucks to get that done before qualifying starts.

All the banners that Nazz is bringing are V's banners. The checkered flag is probably our oldest.

But I guess it's time we made a mother of a VOYAGEURS banner.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Well, the Ultras have not been allowed to hang banners since the first game at SS...

That is the main reason I am working hard on this and trying to insure we get the green light.

Hopefully this will open the door for you guys.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

All the banners that Nazz is bringing are V's banners. The checkered flag is probably our oldest.

But I guess it's time we made a mother of a VOYAGEURS banner.

I know. I think we should have a big flag that can be waved through the supporters section. Especially as our supporters sections are generally small it helps to exgerrate the size of the support on TV.

Rudi, how many sq. meters is the TFC flag that was brought to DC? Or was that Columbus?

Is this the one you're referring to?

n1649910051_78618_9206.jpg

If you're referring to the U-Sector flag, it is 13x13 feet (whatever that is in sq. metres), and it cost about $500 to manufacture and ship to Toronto.

We also had to purchase a 16 ft long telescoping pole for it, which ran about $120.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Is this the one you're referring to?

n1649910051_78618_9206.jpg

If you're referring to the U-Sector flag, it is 13x13 feet (whatever that is in sq. metres), and it cost about $500 to manufacture and ship to Toronto.

We also had to purchase a 16 ft long telescoping pole for it, which ran about $120.

Wow, I think it would be better to make your own, with costs like that....

kspXcXvg.jpg

How bout this one?

Those were paid for by the club. They cost about $15000 for the two of them.

On a side note, the club no longer releases those banners in the south stand, as the supporters groups prefer to do our own thing tifo-wise.

ouch. so that's about $1,000 per Vancouver V to get those out for St VAG. i'll have to get a night job. :D

what does tifo mean then? i thought it just meant "supporter" in Italian?

It does, but it also refers to any co-ordinated visual support from a group of fans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tifo

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Because you need a massive pro-Canada crowd for that, and we don't always have that luxury. The flag we could use if we are 10 in a sea of thousands.

I hear you, but I don't think you were in Seattle. It would have been the perfect thing to have because there were actually a lot of Canada supporters but many were scattered in the stadium. I think a large Canada/Vs flag/tifo would have brought people down to our section. I know there were quite a few people who just wandered down to stand with us as it was and think a lot more would have come to help raise the flag. After seeing the Chileans getting ready at the Austria Canada match at Commonwealth, I'm more convinced that numbers is not the issue for the Vs. Rather, we need to be able to become more visible. Especially on TV. A lot of people who would like to be with the pro Canada crowd don't know we exist. C'mon, everybody loves the massive flag. And a couple hundred could easily get it going. Unfortunately, it does seem a bit cost prohibitive at this point.

YNWA, there's something to be said for hand held flags (on flagpoles) as well.

They make the supporters seem much more "three dimensional" than an overhead "crowd surfing" banner, and they can be used throughout the match, whereas an overhead could only really be used sparingly at pre-determined times.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

WF, I am planning to make a new banner to bring to Mtl. Size will be limited only by the amount of $ I happen to have available next week, hopefully at least as big as the others.

Haven't decided what it will say, it will depend on the size. I was thinking of making it a 2 stick (or 3 stick) for a few of us to hold up over our section at the beginning of each half. Let me know if this is ok.

Let me know and I will pass it on .

Archived