Predictions?

quote:Originally posted by jimmynow

if Carver plays his best starting 11 I really can't see vanny and mtl winning the games against TFC @ BMO.

MLS teams have scored just 1 goal in 4 games there this season and really none of them has had many chances. even last season with a crappy team, TFC got 5 of its 6 wins at home and the goals were 17 for, 18 against there (8 for, 31 against on the road).

Very true. BMO field is a fortress! Can't see Montreal or Vancouver winning there. If anything, I can see those two teams actually breaking down and conceding a lot of goals playing at BMO field.

I'm more convinced that TFC will do well and likely win this tournament than I was after the first few games of the MLS season, but I highly doubt that any team in this tournament will concede 5 goals in a match.

Perhaps your prediction will become the new "Portugal 5 - USA 0".

quote:Originally posted by TFC07

Toronto is too strong especially in their backline. So don't except for Montreal and Vancouver to score on Toronto.

TFC play much more of a 'team defence' rather than relying on their backline. It helps that they have a midfield that can hold possession for long stretches of time.

Toronto's glaring weakness right now is its inability to score during the run of play. They create a ton of chances but don't seem to be able to convert.

If Vancouver or Montreal can score an early one against Toronto, TFC might be in trouble as they seem to not be able to break down a defensive bunker (see the last game against Columbus).

That said, it will be extremely hard for either USL team to take points at BMO. Stranger things have happened, though.

quote:Originally posted by rodfern2007

Here are my predictions, based on the current forms of each team, for the final standings:

1- Toronto FC (Winners)

2- Vancouver (Runners up)

3- Montreal (Bottom with no points and no goals to show for; disgusting)

Maybe we can lynch NDS in consolation if it happens.

Not maybe, we will.

[}:)]

• 1 month later...
quote:Originally posted by finchster

I see a lot of TFC fans here complaining that other fans think their team is going to play terrible in the Voyagers Cup. Well Toronto has been playing terrible, just remember even though it was preseason Toronto lost to a USL team which John Carver called the worst performance he has ever seen. I am not here to debate which is a better team because obviously if TFC has a better payroll they SHOULD have a better team and they have access to better players. But if TFC keeps putting up these lack luster performances then I would have to give the nod to Montreal as the favorites from what I have seen so far. A lot can change from here till May, but even TFC fans have to admit Toronto does not impress anyone at the moment. I am not a fan of Montréal, I am a caps fan, and I think I am being generous when I award one win to them. If TFC plays better in the coming weeks before these games it could change

As of today my predictions are

W-D-L-PTS

2-1-1-7 Montreal

1-2-1-5 Toronto

1-1-2-4 Vancouver

Do I win anything for getting the final results correct? :D:D

Archived