Canadians abroad: November 2-8, 2007

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

[*]In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for November 2-8, 2007.

[*]If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

[*]If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

[*]Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

In italy

Rocco Placentino Gubbio lost their Games to PRATO by a score of 2-1. Placentino played the first 69 minutes of the game until he was sub out for tactical moves.

Masciantonio Benevento tied their match with MONOPOLI 1-1 result their. He came in as a sub at the 80 minute mark.

Zavarise's - Montebelluna ties Sacilese 1-1 result their two. No mention of Zavarise dressed or played....

Uccello' Rivarolese went down in defeat against alessandria in a 3-2 result. They where leading at the end of the first half by a mark of 2-1. Uccello scored at the 26 minute of the first half and was red carded at 40 minute mark of the first half, along side with a defender of Alessandria who tried to take the ball away once he got into his nest area of the goal. He will sit the next game out on Sunday.

quote:Originally posted by BigBird

Masciantonio Benevento tied their match with MONOPOLI 1-1 result their. He came in as a sub at the 80 minute mark.

I've never tied a game of monopoli before, i hear it's really hard to do ;)

quote:

Uccello' Rivarolese went down in defeat against alessandria in a 3-2 result. They where leading at the end of the first half by a mark of 2-1. Uccello scored at the 26 minute of the first half and was red carded at 40 minute mark of the first half, along side with a defender of Alessandria who tried to take the ball away once he got into his nest area of the goal. He will sit the next game out on Sunday.

How many goals does Julian have now?

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

I've never tied a game of monopoli before, i hear it's really hard to do ;)

How many goals does Julian have now?

You bet ya its hard to do but i must admit i always give my wife a tie, after 4 hours playing of monopoli I tend to give up and say its a tie. ANd besides she always wants to play with real money a tie is good for me.

Julian Uccello is now on 12 goals in 12.5 games that he has played with his new team Rivarolese. He has the second best record (goals scored) in the youngest catergory in all of the groups Serie D, is 4th best in Group A, and 20th over all in all of Serie D, but also tied with 14 others but older players at this moment in time.

I hope that gives you more information on him currently and I predict he will do better the Month of Novemeber. They have played all the toughest teams already should find a bigger nest in the month of November [B)][B)][B)].

There were Canadians in action in the MLS playoffs yesterday.

FC Dallas visited Houston for the return leg of their playoff series, and were beaten 4-2 on aggregate, with Houston scoring twice in extra time. (It was 1-0 for FCD in the first leg, and they were trailing 2-1 after 90 minutes in this one so FCD would have won had the away goals rule applied).

All three Canadians played in this one, and all received yellow cards. Dwayne De Rosario and Pat Onstad went the distance, with DDR picking up an assist, while Adrian Serioux was subbed off, I think for an attacking player, at 80 minutes. FCD was reduced to 10 men at 47 minutes, and to 9 men late in extra time.

Houston will play Chivas or Kansas City (I believe) in the next round.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by jonovision

Olivier Occean played 90 minutes for Lillestrom in a 1-1 draw with Sandjeford. The Lillestrom goal came on a penalty after an Occean strike was saved with a handball.

(At least that's what I think, I'm picking out words here and there)

http://sport.vg.no/live/index.php?live2op=getKamp&kamp_id=15399

That ends their league. He had 12 goals in 25 games played, all as a starter (he missed just one). A teammate had 11, so he was sharing duties up front. 6th overall in Norway this year.

In 30 minutes the Dutch Eredivsie will kick-off again with a few Canucks in action.

Feyenoord vs De Graafschap - Jonathan de Guzman will start for Feyenoord and Will Johnson is on the bench for De Graafschap

ajax vs Roda JC - Marcel de Jong starts at left back for Roda.

The ajax vs Roda JC match is available on Sopcast and can be watched here. Kick off in exactly 30 mins.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=1503∂=sports

Jonathan de Guzman has just opened the score for Feyenoord 1-0 against De Graafschap. A slick attacking move from Feyenoord and the cross from the left was easily headed in by JDG2 who came running in.

He went close earlier as well with a free-kick against the bar. 35 minutes left.

Marcel de Jong and Roda are trailing 3-1 away to ajax even though Roda are playing well. Game will be shown tonight 6:30PM on Setanta. Roda scored from a corner so good chance that De Jong gave the assist (normally corner taker for them). I will check that later...

Picture of Jono on the far left after his goal.

20071104_gra_03_rh.jpg

EDIT :

Feyenoord eventually won 2-0. De Guzman went 90minutes and Johnson played 9 minutes.

Roda JC lost 4-2 (should have scored 3-3 in 90th minute) and Marcel de Jong was subbed during half-time.

Guest Jeffery S.

Julian de Guzman played 90 as Depor got an away win over Murcia, 0-2. They seem to be slowly settling in, good to see. Julian is playing discreetly but seems to be doing the job and is getting playing time.

Guest Jeffery S.

Fernando Aguiar did not play in Gondomar's scoreless draw with Freamunde, their fourth tie and fourth point of the season.

You bet ya its hard to do but i must admit i always give my wife a tie, after 4 hours playing of monopoli I tend to give up and say its a tie. ANd besides she always wants to play with real money a tie is good for me.

Julian Uccello is now on 12 goals in 12.5 games that he has played with his new team Rivarolese. He has the second best record (goals scored) in the youngest catergory in all of the groups Serie D, is 4th best in Group A, and 20th over all in all of Serie D, but also tied with 14 others but older players at this moment in time.

I hope that gives you more information on him currently and I predict he will do better the Month of Novemeber. They have played all the toughest teams already should find a bigger nest in the month of November [B)][B)][B)].

Thanks for the info....Good luck to Julian!

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Rocco Placentino came on at the start of the 2nd half as Gubbio were defated 2-1 by Spal today in Serie C2B action.

David Masciantonio was an unused sub in Benevento's 1-0 loss to Gela today in Serie C2C.

Can't find any line ups for Serie D.

Massive maybe i can help you out here

Uccello did not play he was under a suspension for one game. His team Rivarolese did however win over Sestre Levante with 2 -1 result.

Zavarise Montebulluna Calcio lost to Eurotezze by a result of 2-1.

Massive,

I am not sure if Zavarise has been transferred, or is he still there, could it be that he has a serious injury that has seen him out him out since the beginning of the season till now. I have not heard or seen of him since August. Do you have anything.

Robert Stillo Genoa team ALlieve National did not do that well against Novara they lost by a result of 3-1. Genoa played one down from the very first half from a cross in the 23rd minute for preventing a goal from entering a net by the use of hands other then the keeper. Which resulted in a penalty kick for Novara. They never looked back. Even thou Genoa tied 10 minutes later and going in the dressing room tied 1-1 . But at the 13 and the 32 minute Tow free kick just outside from the penalty area was to much for Genoa allowing both free kicks to enter the net and conculded a win of 3-1 respectively.

Graham Ramalho scored again for the FC Groningen reserves and they are top of the table in the reserves competition. Ramalho scored the 1-0 in the 75th minute and Groningen eventually beat Sparta 2-0 at home. Ramalho also completed the full 90 minutes.

Brandon Bonifacio played 90 mins for Cambuur Leeuwarden reserves in a 0-2 away loss to AGOVV. Again I keep reading that Bonifacio is MOTM and the Cambuur fans keep giving rave reviews. Apparently he's going to be some quality player...

EDIT :

Here are the highlights of the Feyenoord vs De Graafschap game which include a Free-Kick on the bar by Jonathan de Guzman and he scores the 1-0.

http://streams.planet.nl/cgi-bin/reflector.cgi?type=wmv&stream=/stream/FEY_2007-11-05_7364&dir=kpnmedia2

Uccello did not play he was under a suspension for one game. His team Rivarolese did however win over Sestre Levante with 2 -1 result.

Massive,

I am not sure if Zavarise has been transferred, or is he still there, could it be that he has a serious injury that has seen him out him out since the beginning of the season till now. I have not heard or seen of him since August. Do you have anything.

quote:Originally posted by analyst

Massive,

There is a Gianluca Zavarise playing in the Vancouver Metro soccer league this fall.

Archived