Italy vs France [R]

Former Champ

I am a big Del Piero fan but if the National team feels that he is still one of their best scoring options, the Italians are up sh-t's creek...There are several "In their prime" forwards that the Italian coaches could call up...hell, I'd give Cassano a look again if he starts to regain his form in Serie A.

Throw Miccoli in there too. He showed during his time in Portugal that he has the skills. I hate the system that Donandoni is playing as well. Inzaghi was so isolated. Without support, he is nothing...useless.

Anyways, from a neutrals point of view it must have been boring, but from someone who cared about the result, I was intrigued.

quote:Originally posted by Current Champ

One of the worst matches ever played....

Utter crap from beginning to end.

Now that's a disgrace to the sport... #1 and #2 in the world at being gutless.

Well, that result was predictable! *yawn*

I didn't see much of the match as there were much better games going on at the same time. I was watching Holland v Bulgaria in a pub. The place was packed since the Italy v France match was going on at the same time, and of course all the England lads hung-around after their match for several hours ...

<edited by Mod>

I'm not celebrating yet, as I know the big matches are Ukraine v Italy & Scotland v Italy. But if Scotland qualify, y'all know I'll be having a laugh!! [^]

quote:Originally posted by SCF08

Well , Italy have never played a good game in their whole existance so I'm not surprised by your assesment of this match haha...

LOL, Italy played much more beautiful soccer than the boring Dutch in the 2006 World Cup. But I guess you didn't notice.

People need to look past their biases.

Italy and France both played like crap. I think if this match was played in October or November, it would have looked a lot better.

I think Italy still qualifies. They are notorious for poor performances in the early part of the European club season.

Its good to see that amacpher is still a racist troll. He would be banned on any other forum on the internet for his comments, but not here.

quote:Originally posted by L.T.

racist troll...

???

... italians are a race now?

So if I said to him "Hey fat yank! Go have another cheeseburger!" That's probably racist too, even though I have no idea what shade of fleshtone our resident uneducated american is... and americans are certainly not a race.

PC thugs.....

(edit to add the "s")

???

... italians are a race now?

(edit to add the "s")

According to UN International Conventions, "the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life."

quote:Originally posted by loyola

According to UN International Conventions, "the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life."

Jesus tap dancing christ...... Now you look up the term "New World Order".

And I refuse to be offended by the term "mooseshagger".

quote:Originally posted by L.T.

Current Champ - do you not see the hate in his words?

To me, a PC thug is one that finds evil intent where there is none. I don't think I'm misunderstanding amac here, I think I hear him loud and clear...

He's a dick... but this forum has to stop playing the racist card every 10 posts. It's pathetic....

There was a group of 12-15 guys standing in front of the big screen, most of whom were sweating profusely, and the bartender had to go over to them and ask (demand!) that they buy some drinks. Going to a bar is not a free ride for people who don't wanna pay for satellite TV at home.

Eventually a few bought a drink. Maybe half. Amazing to me that people think they could just stroll into a bar and not buy any food or drink.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

LOL, Italy played much more beautiful soccer than the boring Dutch in the 2006 World Cup. But I guess you didn't notice.

People need to look past their biases.

I'm not biased...

We are never boring like the italians are. Does the word Catennacio ring a bell..?

We just weren't very good YET and with the lot of young players that played we are still in training for latter tournament and the last World Cup was good for the experience because a lot of lads made their first appearance there.

Robin van Persie alone has the skill and technique of the whole Italian team put together. Add Arjen Robben , Wesley Sneijder , Rafael van der Vaart , Ryan Babel , Klaas Jan Huntelaar and Royston Drenthe to that in you've got the world's most promising bunch of young attacking players who can truly shine at the next World Cup.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

<mod>

amacpher, 1st, edit your original post. This isn't the place for that sort of humour. 2nd, that follow up post. Worse than the 1st one.

Sending you an e-mail. Let me know if you don't get it.

Cheeta

</mod>

What's wrong with it? (I didn't get your email). It would be racist if I wrote "all Italians are cheap". But I was only talking about the group that came to the pub yesterday.

A lot of people are talking about the crime in South Africa and having the world cup there. Are those people racist too because they're worried they might get murdered or mugged when they go down there to watch football?

I see lots of harsh things said about "Yanks" in this forum, along with other nationalities. I see no reason why the Italians should be handled as a special case. Even to the point where we can't critisize their football playing style.

quote:Originally posted by SCF08

I'm not biased...

We are never boring like the italians are. Does the word Catennacio ring a bell..?

We just weren't very good YET and with the lot of young players that played we are still in training for latter tournament and the last World Cup was good for the experience because a lot of lads made their first appearance there.

Robin van Persie alone has the skill and technique of the whole Italian team put together. Add Arjen Robben , Wesley Sneijder , Rafael van der Vaart , Ryan Babel , Klaas Jan Huntelaar and Royston Drenthe to that in you've got the world's most promising bunch of young attacking players who can truly shine at the next World Cup.

No doubt the Dutch have played much more beautiful football than the Italians over their history. They're still more exciting to watch up to and including yesterday.

The logic that "Ïtaly played a couple of exciting matches a year ago, and another one in 1970, and therefore can no longer be labelled a boring team to watch" is absurd to say the least.

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

What's wrong with it? (I didn't get your email).

<mod>

Long public answer, if you haven't seen it yet look here.

Make certain your Voyageur profile e-mail is current. If you have a hotmail/MSN account check your junk e-mail folder as e-mails from the Voyageurs sometimes get filtered there.

It's 6:20 EST, if you haven't received my e-mail yet, you will have to e-mail me and I will reply to the address you are using.

All the same, this isn't a debate. Edit your original post. Or don't. Up to you.

Cheeta

</mod>

You're saying the comments cannot be racist because italians is not a race, I'm only giving you a definition that is saying that a comment can be racist even if it isn't directed toward a race....

I'm not even saying the comments were racist in my post...

You're saying the comments cannot be racist because italians is not a race, I'm only giving you a definition that is saying that a comment can be racist even if it isn't directed toward a race....

I'm not even saying the comments were racist in my post...

What prejudice..?

History has proven that time after time. Italian club teams are boring and the MNT as well. This was the best World Cup they've ever played and they were still average and they should have lost against Australia but the ref helped them out with a injury time penalty as they were being outplayed.

And I've already explained why the Dutch werent very good. One of the first tournaments ever where we didnt play very well.

World Cup 98 , Euro 2000 and 2004 we got to the semi's every time.

Archived