Canadians abroad: May 4-10, 2007

DJT

Canadians abroad on TV this week

Notes: This list may be incomplete (in particular, American college matches, which are broadcast by FSWC, are not included) or inaccurate. Generally only premiere broadcasts are listed (in particular, FSWC and GolTV Canada repeats are not listed). All broadcasts are live unless otherwise noted. All times are EDT.

Friday, May 4

2:30 PM on GolTV Canada — Germany: Bundesliga

Hannover vs. Energie Cottbus (Kevin McKenna)

Saturday, May 5

4:00 PM on GolTV Canada — Spain: Primera División

Deportivo de La Coruña (Julian de Guzman) vs. Valencia

Monday, May 7

3:00 PM on FSWC — England: Premier League

Charlton vs. Tottenham (Paul Stalteri)

Tuesday, May 8

4:00 PM (78-hour delay) on GolTV Canada — England: Premier League

Fulham (Tomasz Radzinski) vs. Liverpool

Wednesday, May 9

4:45 PM on GolTV Canada — Spain: Copa del Rey - Semifinal, Second Leg

Sevilla vs. Deportivo de La Coruña (Julian de Guzman)

Guidelines for this thread

[*]In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for May 4-10, 2007.

[*]If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

[*]If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

[*]Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McKenna played 90 and looked mediocre as Energie bunkered most of the game and lost deservedly 2-0 at Hannover yesterday.

Radz was subbed out in the 90th as Fulham won 1-0 at home to Liverpool.

Keegan Ayre was an unused sub for Hibernian.

Hastings went 90 for Inverness as they lost 1-0 at Falkirk.

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

ESPN says that Julian De Guzman will start on the bench. But I don't know if I trust them seeing that they have listed him as a striker.

Pretty sure they're right. Turn GolTV on, the match is being televised. I'm at work so i can't tell you, but i'll be home after 5.

Don't get GolTV, but I do get the internet...

And they are right about him being a sub. It is me who is wrong, they don't list him as a striker but as a sub. Stupid me.

1-0 for Valencia.

mms://www.vtc.com.vn/VTC3_2814

ESPN says that Julian De Guzman will start on the bench. But I don't know if I trust them seeing that they have listed him as a striker.

(s) stands for sub. If it would stand for striker, both teams would have only strikers as subs....;)

And they are right about him being a sub. It is me who is wrong, they don't list him as a striker but as a sub. Stupid me.

meh, Although espnsoccernet is a great source, I've seen the occsional error, usually a typo, so even though your wrong your right to not take it all fully at face value (like 99.9% of the time its good though) but yeah, they go by G,D,M and F for foreward, it's no more specific then that.

Guest Jeffery S.

Depor lost 1-2, Julian did not get on, and other attacking mids were not even called in. Depor is so odd this year, it is like they are going through a major regression. They are the lowest scoring team in Spain. And have no stars at all, it is all so dry and plain, really odd.

I think they need a major shake up, and hope both the president leaves and they get a new coach. Plus one top striker, an attacking mid and a classic wing.

Guest Jeffery S.

Depor lost 1-2, Julian did not get on, and other attacking mids were not even called in. Depor is so odd this year, it is like they are going through a major regression. They are the lowest scoring team in Spain. And have no stars at all, it is all so dry and plain, really odd.

I think they need a major shake up, and hope both the president leaves and they get a new coach. Plus one top striker, an attacking mid and a classic wing.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Hume scored for Leceister who are loosing 3-1 agaisnt Wolves in the 65th.

Peters started for Ipswich against Cardiff. 1-1 at the 65th.

Wolves are part of a five team race for the final three playoff spots. Pesch's Derby (Pesch started today for Derby who lead 1-0 over the demoted Leeds) are safely in the top playoff spot (3rd) while West Brom (leading 7-0 over Barnsley) and Wolves are level on 73, Southampton (up 2-1 over Southend) are on 72, tied with Stoke (losing 1-0 to QPR with Bircham on the bench), and Preston on 71 look like they're done.

So the Canadians are playing some role in deciding the promotion battle in the Championship.

Guest Jeffery S.

Atiba played 90 as FCK fell to AaB yesterday 1-2, that puts off the title celebration.

I see Vejle won, but no report yet, was today.

Gerba's Horsens lost, pending reports.

Peters played 90 for Ipswich who won 3-1 against Cardiff.

http://soccernet-akamai.espn.go.com/report?id=203299&cc=5901

On the third goal:

"But the Tractor Boys made sure of the points in the 79th minute when Walters grabbed his second of the game.

Jaime Peters fired a low cross into the centre of the penalty area and Walters reacted fastest to slot the ball into the bottom corner of the net. "

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Today in the Gambrinus Liga...

Simpson comes on in the 58th minute as Kladno lose 2-0 at home against Teplice. No Hainault for Most, I think he is injured, as they draw 1-1 at home against Sigma Olomouc.

Spoke with Andrew this week and he has assured me that he is almost at 100% and that he has repeatedly let the coach know this. Why he is choosing to keep him on the bench for the last 3 games he does not know. Andrew has also told me he was contacted for the gold cup and is honored to be representing. He is getting a bit frustrated as he feels he is doing great in training but wants to get some game time in before this summers Tourney.

Guest Jeffery S.

Issey got a first half yellow and was subbed out m. 69 in their win over Viborg. Vejle's hopes for avoiding relegation from Danish top flight are slightly revived, as Viborg in the final safe spot is at 25 points and they at 18, with five games left.

quote:Originally posted by CDN4EVR

Spoke with Andrew this week and he has assured me that he is almost at 100% and that he has repeatedly let the coach know this. Why he is choosing to keep him on the bench for the last 3 games he does not know. Andrew has also told me he was contacted for the gold cup and is honored to be representing. He is getting a bit frustrated as he feels he is doing great in training but wants to get some game time in before this summers Tourney.

Do you know if he has another year left on his contract? Seems like he's ready for bigger and better things, if not.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Tromso won 4-1 against Fredrikstad. Don't know if Bernier and Ademolou played.

No Ademolu, Bernier got 12 minutes at the end and Stamatopolous played his 37 first minutes this season. Kenny might get some games now as Ramovic got injuried.

Guest Jeffery S.

Lars played 90 but Rosenborg fell to Valerenga 2-1 in Norway.

Aguiar played 90 as Gondomar got a win away to promoted Rio Ave, 1-3. They are fifth in 2nd division Portugal with two games left, a great season but too little to do the impossible and promote.

I think Aguiar is on loan from Peñafiel, who are below them in the league but a bigger, more monied side (though still modest), so I wonder what will happen, if he'll go back to Penafiel or if another side will want him. He has proven this season he can still play competitively at a good pro level.

Archived