Canadians abroad: May 4-10, 2007

DJT

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olivier Occean (it's Olivier, right?) has started for Lillestrom who are leading Aalesund 3-0 at half time. My Norwegian isn't so hot, but as far as I can tell he didn't score or assist on any of the goals so far.

Edit: 3-1 final, Occean goes 90.

Haven't seen any updates with Sandro Grande at Molde lately. Is he injured?

Guest The Yellow Aldorama

Hey There

I was searching fore info regarding Ali Gerba. Past games and stuff and found this forum. If you need any info regarding his time in Denmark you are welcome to ask. I live in Horsens and nearly watch every home game.

/Aldo

Welcome Aldo. I myself am always looking to see how well Canadians do in games, as all we have for most players are the scores. If you can tell us how well he does in each game, that would be great.

I have a podcast and that is my main reason for wanting to know how well he does.

Guest Jeffery S.

Klukowski plays 90 as Bruges beat Gent 2-0 to go into the Belgian Cup final, to be played May 26. Michael has really played very little this year, so it is good to see him getting some more time. If he could play the final and then make his way to the Gold Cup he could be a valuable addition.

Bruges will play the winner of Anderlecht-Standard, think it goes tomorrow.

It should be said that the team is now playing under the newly hired coach who it is hoped will get them back into contention for the league next year, after this years terrible campaign. Maybe this new coach will also be able to treat Kluka with a fresh perspective.

Guest The Yellow Aldorama

Hi again - yesterday i started a votation concerning if the AC Horsens fans want Gerba to stay after this season or not.

Here are result as of now:

51 % want the club to sign him permently

11 % want to an other alternativ to Gerba

37 % thinks its too early to say

The votation will end within 20 days and u can follow the votation here:

Link

and Gordon - thanks for info...

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Ivan

Jeffrey, wasn't Kluka hurt for most of the year? Thought that was the reason for his limited role, as opposed to performance. The team seems to win most of the games he plays.

Yes, you are right. But even after getting healthy he has not played regularly.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

The game is available for download over on fbtz.

does klukowski do anything special in the game or just solid defending (wondering If I should download to take a couple clips)

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Yes, you are right. But even after getting healthy he has not played regularly.

Klukowski had a major injury for much of the year. Then he was suspended for too many yellow cards and I think had a minor injury later in the season. From what I have read of team reports and comments when he is not playing for them he seems to be regarded not only as a starter but as one of the key players on the team. Lack of playing time this year was due to other factors not the coach not wanting to play him.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Atiba played 90 as FCK fell to AaB yesterday 1-2, that puts off the title celebration.

Issey got a first half yellow and was subbed out m. 69 in their win over Viborg. Vejle's hopes for avoiding relegation from Danish top flight are slightly revived, as Viborg in the final safe spot is at 25 points and they at 18, with five games left.

Ali Gerba played 90 as Horsens lost 2-1 at home to OB Odense

quote:Originally posted by The Yellow Aldorama

Hey There

I was searching fore info regarding Ali Gerba. Past games and stuff and found this forum. If you need any info regarding his time in Denmark you are welcome to ask. I live in Horsens and nearly watch every home game.

/Aldo

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

Welcome Aldo. I myself am always looking to see how well Canadians do in games, as all we have for most players are the scores. If you can tell us how well he does in each game, that would be great.

I have a podcast and that is my main reason for wanting to know how well he does.

The extended highlights from the Danish Superliga (starting with FCK v AaB) :

Link

Double-click on the image, to get a full-screen display.

...and Let me know if this link also works when your living abroad, since it works perfectly fine for me.

Hutchinson played 90 as FCK clinched the Superligaen title with a 1-0 win at Brondby.

Gerba went 90 in a 1-1 tie at Silkeborg.

Issey was subbed out at the half as Vejle won 3-0 at home to Esbjerg. Don't look now, but Vejle is only 4 points behind Viborg with 4 games left!

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

Hutchinson played 90 as FCK clinched the Superligaen title with a 1-0 win at Brondby.

Brøndby IF v FC København 0-1 (0-1)

0-1 Marcus Allbäck (33)

Tobias Linderoth, FCK y2.gif (74)

Attendance: 25,083

Other match facts:

http://www.netsuperligaen.dk/kampref.php?ID=3021

As expected, FC København secured their 2nd successive Danish title after earning a 1-0 win at Brøndby Stadium to take an unassailable 13-point lead at the top of the table. Having missed their chance to secure the title at home on Saturday against AaB Aalborg, a 33rd-minute header from Swedish international Marcus Allbäck put the finishing touch to their season in the Copenhagen derby. However, they were made to sweat for their victory after Swedish international Tobias Linderoth was sent off for a second bookable offence in the second half. FCK may yet end the season as Danish double winners as they take on OB Odense in the Danish Cup final on May 17. In any case, they are ready to start their CL campaign in the 2nd qualifying round next season.

"It is a great relief to finally have reached this goal," FCK coach Ståle Solbakken said as he celebrated the sixth title in the club's short history. "We have seldom played so poorly during the season but we have been well organised all the way and have also been successful in replacing players who were tired."

Very short Highlights :

Link

or

Link 2

Extensive highlights :

Link 3

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Ante Jazic & Kevin Harmse both started for the Galaxy yesterday in a 3-1 (OT) win over the New York Red Bulls. Not sure yet if they played the whole match.

Yep, they both played the whole game by the looks of things, and Harmse got a yellow for dissent. Reyna and Angel both had a kick-about for the Bulls.

Guest Jeffery S.

De Guzman was red carded m. 21 with Feyenoord up 0-1, they then lost 2-1 to Groningen in the first leg of the playoff for a UEFA cup spot. 2nd leg May 13.

Tyler Roselund once again out of the Ativabergs line-up, so I think he must be injured, as they won away 1-2 to climb out of the basement of the Swedish Superettan.

Stalteri did not see action, and I think did not dress, in Spurs' 1-1 draw vs. Blackburn. They need just one point to grab a UEFA spot, in the end an ok season for them.

Archived