Does fifa know something that we don't about JDG2?

denis

quote:Originally posted by denis

Not sure it this has been noticed and brought up before but I thought this article was interesting to say the least.

Is there something the folks at fifa know about JDG2 that we don't, or is this just an uneducated assumption on their part.

http://www.fifa.com/en/comp/U20M2007/tournament/0,5319,U20M-2007-28,00.html

Ignorant and fanciful to say the least. Since when has Jonathan shown his class 'at home and abroad'? He hasn't played soccer 'at home' in Canada since he was a pre-teen and will likely only ever play here in the future if the Oranje can be talked into playing a friendly on FieldTurf.

quote:Originally posted by Ivan

I don't know about ignorant, but surely fanciful. It is nice to read, but "Pie in the Sky".

Ignorant as in uninformed. Saying de Guzman has been showing his class 'at home' is a pure case of ignorance of the facts.

Saying he will be the class of our team next summer is fanciful.

Well let us not give up hope. Maybe, just maybe, the CSA will be able to hire someone that de Guzman will want to play for. If not, we will have to take the stance that if he does not want to play for Canada, then why should we want him to play with us?

It's not just the mention of Jonathan. A lot of what is written about Canada on that website reads like a misinformed tourist brochure. Some examples of the top of my head:

-Victoria has Canada's largest China town. Last time I checked, Vancouver had the second largest in North America.

-Canadian football (American) league.

-Jason DeVos instead of Atiba Hutchinson.

-Talking about Burnaby being a city in its own right apart from Vancouver, and then going on to list local attractions which are all located in Vancouver.

-Descriptions of cities that are almost apologetic: of course, you've never heard of Edmonton or Ottawa, but they are major urban centres that are clean and safe and you should give them a chance...

-making it sound like the aboriginal population is extinct.

-economy=marginally more government interference than southern neighbours (what is this, a brochure for American investors??)

-Canada has over 34 ethnic groups. The largest one is Canadians...

Sorry, I could go on and on (may have something to do with working as a proof-reader), but the stuff on fifa.com makes Canada look and sound like complete crap.

There is no question in my mind that if Jonathan elected to play for Canada, many Canadians and certainly Dale would be very happy. I just think that this article is whishfull thinking and also pie in the sky stuff. Jonathan at the present time is having a bitch of a time to keep his place on the team.There are some problems with the Feynoord side and these are team problems. They seem to not get along as well as they should be.I really hope that this all gets straighten out, since Jonathan is not a happy camper at all. He is not sure if he is playing for the first team and or will sit on he bench. I do know that last thursday he came on and scored the winning goal on a fantastic free kick. It appears that this may have helped him getting his spot back. The week before he also scored a goal. From what I understand he appears to be playing out of position.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

There is no question in my mind that if Jonathan elected to play for Canada, many Canadians and certainly Dale would be very happy. I just think that this article is whishfull thinking and also pie in the sky stuff. Jonathan at the present time is having a bitch of a time to keep his place on the team.There are some problems with the Feynoord side and these are team problems. They seem to not get along as well as they should be.I really hope that this all gets straighten out, since Jonathan is not a happy camper at all. He is not sure if he is playing for the first team and or will sit on he bench. I do know that last thursday he came on and scored the winning goal on a fantastic free kick. It appears that this may have helped him getting his spot back. The week before he also scored a goal. Fram what i understand he appears to be playing out of position.

This was the first time that JDG2 was left out the starting line-up because the coach wanted to try and use a different formation. JDG2 will certainly be in the starting XI on Sunday.

Feyenoord is having a terrible season this far and are in 7th position. That might not seem bad but the football that is being played is absolutely shocking....

There are also 2 camps in the Feyenoord dressing room and it's The Dutch guys vs The Foreigners... The Dutch players in the squad are feeling that the foreign players are not doing enough and that they should work harder on the pitch.

There are also problems between the Fans and the Board of Directors and the Chairman. The club is in a terrible state not just on the pitch and the people who are responsible for so many wrong decisions just dont take responsibility for them. There were takeover plans a week or 2 ago and a former Feyenoord youth-player and now succesful business man wanted to buy the club , but one of his 2 business partners chickened out at the last minute. The guy who wanted to buy the club is now in hospital and has had a mental breakdown because he felt he let all of the supporters down and he saw a dream of his fall to pieces.

All of this stuff is really bad for the squad offcourse and also for JDG2. He's not been himself the last 4/5 games and that's also because he is playing on the left side of the midfield diamond and not on his beloved ''dutch number 10 position''.

Im sure everything will be a lot better when January comes and JDG2 will surely be back to his best because this boy is a special player..

quote:Originally posted by SCF08

This was the first time that JDG2 was left out the starting line-up because the coach wanted to try and use a different formation. JDG2 will certainly be in the starting XI on Sunday.

Feyenoord is having a terrible season this far and are in 7th position. That might not seem bad but the football that is being played is absolutely shocking....

There are also 2 camps in the Feyenoord dressing room and it's The Dutch guys vs The Foreigners... The Dutch players in the squad are feeling that the foreign players are not doing enough and that they should work harder on the pitch.

Is Jonathan considered a 'Dutch guy' or one of 'The Foreigners'?

quote:Originally posted by Ed

Is Jonathan considered a 'Dutch guy' or one of 'The Foreigners'?

Good question ,however Jonathan speaks fluent Dutch and certainly would not turn a Dutch citizenship down. He is as Dutch as you can be if you speak Dutch the way he does.

This is only an assumption but knowing the Dutch I do that is the way it is.

I dont know in which camp Jonathan is.

Jonathan did play for 90 mins yesterday and didnt do particulary well. The goal Roda Jc scored was Jonathan's fault because he gave the ball away very cheaply. For the rest of the game he was ok. Feyenoord are up to 7th in the League table and only 3 points behind number 4 now so things are improving slowly...

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Good question ,however Jonathan speaks fluent Dutch and certainly would not turn a Dutch citizenship down. He is as Dutch as you can be if you speak Dutch the way he does.

This is only an assumption but knowing the Dutch I do that is the way it is.

I'd guess Dutch. He's been at Feyenoord so long, and from such a young age you might say he's the exception that proves the rule.

There are huge problems on the Feynoord team and they are all personality problems.Being Dutch myself I know what the thinking is. It is very critical and very direct and very strong and emotional. I guess you have been following my stuff,well that's what is happening in that dressing room. Very powewrfull and very convincing stuff if you are Dutch. yes we are very very opinionated and also extremely direct about that stuff. So here we are a bunch of foreign players who these Dutch guys believe are not pulling there weight. The problem is these guys are not Dutch and don't have a clou as to what these guys are talking about. History stuff and not brought up that way, and the other guys don't realize that. So we have this ethnical and background problem. The answer,well it may not exist unless the coach would have avoided that problem fron day one.

Archived