Fabian Troche Update

massimo

Fabian Troche has signed with Uruguayan First Division Club Defensor Sporting under a Youth Contract. Born on July 29, 1991 in Montreal, Quebec this fifteen year old is full of promise and dedication to the sport. While growing up in Montreal he played with St-Laurent soccer club and most recently with Lac St-Louis Lakers U15 boy’s team.

This past July Fabian traveled to Montevideo, Uruguay with the intention of only staying for a month then returning to Canada. However while he was in Montevideo, he practiced with Defensor Sporting Soccer Club and they were so impressed they signed him. The club has foreseen Fabian staying with them for a two year period. Hopefully for him in that time he'll show them his worth and work his way up the club ladder. He is currently training with Defensor Sporting U-15 team; he hasn't featured in an official match however he is determined to make his mark.

For more information, visit:

http://www.defensorsporting.com.uy/index.php?mod=noticias

The U15 team's page:

http://www.defensorsporting.com.uy/index.php?mod=verplantel&deporte=futbol&categoria=6

i think we'd be surprised how many of our youth players u12-u15's could go oversea's and make a professional clubs' youth system. heck, i played at the park with two kids on Abbotsford's u15 team and they were absolutely superb. i have no doubt they could make a youth system somewhere. maybe worth noting they are both recent african immigrants?

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Did he ever played with Quebec Provincial teams?

Thanks for sharing that story, always nice for a kid to get that kind of experience. Does he have uruguayan roots?

No, actually he did not. He played 2 full seasons with Lac St-Louis (AAA), before that he played at St-Laurent Soccer Club (AA). If my memory serves right, Fabian never even had a tryout with the provincial team.

Either way I wish him the best of luck...chances are he may even be reading this page.

His father is Uraguayan and immigratted here some 30 years ago at the age of seven , he mother is Greek.

P.s. And if you are reading this Fabian I wish you the best of luck.

Ciao

Massimo

Fuerza Defensor!!!

• 1 year later...

New update on Fabian, he is now in Greece at the Aris FC club on trial. Previously he was at Tripoli in a trial and went very well. However I heard there was an issue with the agent, the reason why he didn't sign with them.

Anyone able to read greek and help with the translation?

'>http://www.arisfc.gr/index.php?SCREEN=page&PageID=718

P.s. If my memory serves me right, was there not a canadian playing for this club a couple of years back?

Thanks I appreciate the help.

I remember there was a guy maybe 2-3 seasons ago that played at Aris FC. He was invited to a national camp, but then moved on to a club in Greece's second division. Haven't heard anything on that guy in quite a while. I just can't seem to remember his name.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

Juan Troche confirms he's been with Aris for the last few days and is on a 2 weeks trial. The problem in negotiations with Asteras Tripolis had nothing to do with his agent (who's also his uncle).

Sorry my mistake I must have misunderstood.

quote:Originally posted by massimo

New update on Fabian, he is now in Greece at the Aris FC club on trial. Previously he was at Tripoli in a trial and went very well. However I heard there was an issue with the agent, the reason why he didn't sign with them.

Anyone able to read greek and help with the translation?

'>http://www.arisfc.gr/index.php?SCREEN=page&PageID=718

P.s. If my memory serves me right, was there not a canadian playing for this club a couple of years back?

I think he was on CKAC sport radio station a few days ago. I only caught the end of the interview. He said he doesn't rule out joining Montreal Impact eventually, specially if they join MLS. But for now he's concentrating on Europe.

Did anybody catch the whole interview ?

I think he should be a starter for the U20s. Sounds promising and should definitely join Montreal if they join the MLS as he could play at a good level (pretty similar to the Greek League) at home and get good minutes hopefully. Then move on to a European top league

• 11 years later...
  • 1 month later...