Toronto MLS Website...

SeanKeay

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

I've gone ahead & posted the link in a new thread in Toronto MLS section on bigsoccer. I'm guessing the link I've posted will have to be updated once the url changes to the dot com, but we can worry about that at that time.

I also reposted the link in a new thread in the BigSoccer MLS fan forum, so that members of of other MLS fan groups are aware of this site if they want to get in contact.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Why this ultra crap?

1. you don't win friends with salad

2. that was the old folder that the old Ultras board was found under. i'm pretty sure the boys just redid the forum and used the same website format. thus, embargo.ca/ultras

3. it is part of the history of the people that you're (presumably) trying to get to know

4. "tis but thy name which is my enemy, thou art myself though not montague. yet what's montague. tis not hand nor face nor arm not foot nor any other part belonging to a man ... you know the rest."

(it doen't matter what the damn name is.)

out of curiosity, why is it considered crap???

none of your questions, attitude nor your approach has ever been brought down into disrepute by any member that considers themselves an ultra. you whine and complain, you tell guys off at will, its like you want to be center-stage ALL THE TIME.

it was the ultras that created some atmosphere in a deplorable soccer state which the Lynx offer.

it was the ultras that set the bar, in recent times, not a voyageur, thats for sure.

the supporters in Montreal can make light of this, but if it wasn't for the ultras, the collection of Ultras Montreal probably would not probably exist. it was a faint sunday afternoon when Daniel and his brother took us on and held their ground and livened up a very sterile montreal crowd.

it was the ultras that took on the Mexican fans @ varsity for 90 minutes in a WC qualifier which Canada had nothing to play for but pride. why don't we have another T&T half-time show?

it was the ultras that travel to Frontier Field and take on the Whino Fans.

Its just a Fncking name, get over it. better yet, why don't you hook up with the OFFICIAL LYNX SUPPORTERS GROUP leader Drewsome and you can both hold hands together with the hundreds of members that they claim to have, they can all sit quiet and let you speak at will.

look up the the classic, standard, definitve meaning to the word "ULTRA", there is a noun and an adjective, the consensus prefers the adjective because one thing we love is soccer, not bull$hit.

quote:Originally posted by Franky

out of curiosity, why is it considered crap???

none of your questions, attitude nor your approach has ever been brought down into disrepute by any member that considers themselves an ultra. you whine and complain, you tell guys off at will, its like you want to be center-stage ALL THE TIME.

it was the ultras that created some atmosphere in a deplorable soccer state which the Lynx offer.

it was the ultras that set the bar, in recent times, not a voyageur, thats for sure.

the supporters in Montreal can make light of this, but if it wasn't for the ultras, the collection of Ultras Montreal probably would not probably exist. it was a faint sunday afternoon when Daniel and his brother took us on and held their ground and livened up a very sterile montreal crowd.

it was the ultras that took on the Mexican fans @ varsity for 90 minutes in a WC qualifier which Canada had nothing to play for but pride. why don't we have another T&T half-time show?

it was the ultras that travel to Frontier Field and take on the Whino Fans.

Its just a Fncking name, get over it. better yet, why don't you hook up with the OFFICIAL LYNX SUPPORTERS GROUP leader Drewsome and you can both hold hands together with the hundreds of members that they claim to have, they can all sit quiet and let you speak at will.

look up the the classic, standard, definitve meaning to the word "ULTRA", there is a noun and an adjective, the consensus prefers the adjective because one thing we love is soccer, not bull$hit.

Because if he acctually knew about this he wouldn't be able to complain.

Guest Jeffery S.

The Latin official slogan of the Franco regime in Spain was "Plus Ultra". It was, as Franky rightly says, just a name.

A typical fascist name.

Thus democracy after 40 years of state repression brought us a Latin variation, a non-official slogan associated with freedom: Non Plus Ultra.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Right. Thanks for that.

Now kindly piss off.

That was subtle Rudi, good show. Tell us, will you, how DO you type your messages with your right arm held so firmly in the air like that? Can you teach the rest of us ultras to do it?

Seriously though, what is the point of having to spend so much time defending the harmlessness of the name and the good naturedness of the boys sporting it, when you can just change it and do your cause a bigger favour? It is a name directly related to fascism in Europe, it's connotations are negative, and its virtues are only seen by the copy cats and wannabes who have no better names to describe their public wanking.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

That was subtle Rudi, good show. Tell us, will you, how DO you type your messages with your right arm held so firmly in the air like that? Can you teach the rest of us ultras to do it?

Seriously though, what is the point of having to spend so much time defending the harmlessness of the name and the good naturedness of the boys sporting it, when you can just change it and do your cause a bigger favour? It is a name directly related to fascism in Europe, it's connotations are negative, and its virtues are only seen by the copy cats and wannabes who have no better names to describe their public wanking.

My response to you was only as subtle as your repeated attempts to link the U-Sector (many of whom I've personally met) to some ridiculous exceptions to the rule over there in Europe.

To be more succinct, I'm growing tired of your childish attempts at baiting otherwise good-natured people into long, drawn out, and ultimately pointless arguments that are nothing more than pissing matches started by a holier than thou ex pat with a clear chip on his shoulder.

So again, kindly, piss off.

Archived