whitecaps four nations cup:teams announced

snake

quote:Originally posted by Jason

I realize India isn't exactly a top club, but it seems like a shame that India wouldn't play the MNT at least once, maybe in Victoria or Kelowna?

Jason

Totally agree. You came all the way over here, might as well play a game.

Watched Japan beat up India like little schoolboys in Asia Cup qualifying lat week. They are pitiful,and should be no match for even out of form Whitecaps, but I agree, it would be great for local Indo-Canadians to be able to get out and cheer them on.

The bars around Swangard had better watch out for the Soul Crew....tore the hell out of the pub down the road after their 3rd round FA Cup exit against Arsenal a few weeks ago...Sadly, I'm afraid the Southsiders had better mind their manners...Still, a decent Championship team challenging for a playoff spot...Who knows? Another Whitecaps victory against Premiership opposition?

quote:Originally posted by highburygooner

The bars around Swangard had better watch out for the Soul Crew....tore the hell out of the pub down the road after their 3rd round FA Cup exit against Arsenal a few weeks ago...Sadly, I'm afraid the Southsiders had better mind their manners...Still, a decent Championship team challenging for a playoff spot...Who knows? Another Whitecaps victory against Premiership opposition?

Sadly, my Bluebirds are a few years away from the Prem.

• 4 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by sKriSh

Totally agree. You came all the way over here, might as well play a game.

I think it would be easier for our U-20 to get 1 or 2 games against China U-20 and wny not India MNT. Our MNT players will be in the middle of their A-League/Scandinavian season or in training camp in europe.

There's a pretty strong rumour floating around that the Whitecaps are finalizing Man United to come over NEXT year for the Nations Cup. They are going to expand Swangard for the U-20 World Championships, and want to take advantage of the extra seating to bring in the tops. They're also going after other top European Clubs.

Archived