Fox Sports World Report

Crazy_Yank

Since this is actually a Canadian broadcast with mainly Canadian soccer pundits I'm guessing you're all familiar with this program. Personally I think this program is horrible. It's basically a rerun of Sky Sports News with Canadian accents. Other than Bobby McMahon I think all the pundits, including American Max Bretos, should be fired. I'm not convinced any of them are real soccer fans. They constantly miss pronounce the names of teams and players. I also find lack of content concerning the US and Canadian national teams a bit annoying as well.

quote:Originally posted by El Hombre

Are you talking smack about Michelle Lissel?

Homey don't play that.

(I'd kinda like a little more NA content as well. Don't really mind the hosts that much.)

She is nice eye candy. I suppose it's some what amusing to watch Jermey St. Louis' lame attempts at hitting on her.

You think Bobby McMahon should stay? In my opinion, he is a pompous ***. In all my time of watching FSWR, I don't think I have ever heard him make a positive comment about a Canadian player or the National team. He is typical of the mindset in Canada and exactly what we don't need as a commentator on the game - a Eurosnob who thinks the game here is bush league and does not help to do anything about it.

quote:Originally posted by Ivan

You think Bobby McMahon should stay? In my opinion, he is a pompous ***. In all my time of watching FSWR, I don't think I have ever heard him make a positive comment about a Canadian player or the National team. He is typical of the mindset in Canada and exactly what we don't need as a commentator on the game - a Eurosnob who thinks the game here is bush league and does not help to do anything about it.

Well, keep in mind Bobby McMahon is involved in FSWR on a part-time basis only. If he was on the show all the time (every night) then you'd have a legitimate beef. But he's there specifically to review the EPL on Mondays and preview it on Friday. And he does it well. Why would he discuss something he's not hired to do (ie Canada NT & USMNT)?? And I have heard him make positive comments about Canadians abroad. But I personally don't need him to blow sunshine up my arse on a continuous basis to get through my day.

Overall, the FSWR isn't THAT bad. Although Jeremy STl and Lissel do say things that show they're not the closest followers of soccer. We should probably start a thread that contains dumba$s things said on FSC and FSWC. It'll make for a good laugh. [:P]

quote:Originally posted by Crazy_Yank

She is nice eye candy.

That's interesting. I didn't know you could get both FSWC and internet access in prison. ;)

On Monday's show, McMahon had plenty positive to say about Radzinski's performance and he didn't rip Stalteri to shreds nearly as much as many of the UK commentators did.

St. Louis is clearly the worst. He's not funny, period. Lissel meets a demographic, that's it. Funny, the show's at it's best when Muchado (sp.) and Peacock do the presenting, mainly because the former can pronounce all the Spanish names properly.

BTW, it isn't SkySports Lite. That broadcast in all the years it was on FSWC never once showed highlights from Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, the Copa, Holland, Germany, Italy and even Spain (aside from Real Madrid). While the style and setup is campy and commentators crap, FSWR shows highlights that I otherwise wouldn't have access to. Despite all its problems, it gives me the widest range of soccer news that I could hope for at this point and time. So it misses the UK lower leagues (except for the odd Coke Championship highlights) most of the time. Some perspective reveals that they only do have an hour to package the whole world of soccer while Skysports has 24 hours a day to focus on the UK and England more specifically.

As for complaints or wishes about NA content or smaller Euro/Asian leagues, I expressed most of those in the thread started by the FSWC employee who asked for input.

As well, I actually find FSWR has lots of USMNT information. Since the team arrived in camp on the west coast in January, they've had all their friendlies highlighted on FSWR and they've also had a couple of features. Not bad considering the two channels (FSC and FSWC) are now only distant cousins.

Cheers.

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Well, keep in mind Bobby McMahon is involved in FSWR on a part-time basis only. If he was on the show all the time (every night) then you'd have a legitimate beef. But he's there specifically to review the EPL on Mondays and preview it on Friday. And he does it well. Why would he discuss something he's not hired to do (ie Canada NT & USMNT)?? And I have heard him make positive comments about Canadians abroad. But I personally don't need him to blow sunshine up my arse on a continuous basis to get through my day.

;)

Bobby is often asked to comment on both US & Canadian NT games along with MLS & USL games if he happens to be on. The other night he co-hosted with Michele (although I admit its the first time I've seen that). Therefore, my opinion stands and I do think it is as legitimate as yours. I personally don't need him to blow sunshine up my ass either, but I maintain my position as I do on all threads in which I choose to participate, I don't mind negativity, just not all the time. If he praised Radzinski the other day, great. The fact that he didn't flay Stalteri, I could care less if he deserved to be flayed. Just the fact that he is starting to talk about the Canadians is a good sign.

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

;)

Bobby is often asked to comment on both US & Canadian NT games along with MLS & USL games if he happens to be on. The other night he co-hosted with Michele (although I admit its the first time I've seen that). Therefore, my opinion stands and I do think it is as legitimate as yours. I personally don't need him to blow sunshine up my ass either, but I maintain my position as I do on all threads in which I choose to participate, I don't mind negativity, just not all the time. If he praised Radzinski the other day, great. The fact that he didn't flay Stalteri, I could care less if he deserved to be flayed. Just the fact that he is starting to talk about the Canadians is a good sign.

My only beef with the show is the lack of on-the-ground reporting. Peacock is fine. Michelle? Man, I like her. St. Louis is all right and not a bad guy. McMahon is a delight.

Canadians mispronounce Spanish names as we down here probably butcher French names. It's not the end of the world.

The show needs an improvement. But the personnel is not the problem.

Now, Christian Miles MUST go. He's terrible.

And, remember, IT'S...the rugby report.

My only beef with the show is the lack of on-the-ground reporting. Peacock is fine. Michelle? Man, I like her. St. Louis is all right and not a bad guy. McMahon is a delight.

Canadians mispronounce Spanish names as we down here probably butcher French names. It's not the end of the world.

The show needs an improvement. But the personnel is not the problem.

Now, Christian Miles MUST go. He's terrible.

And, remember, IT'S...the rugby report.

Was that Monday's show? Yeah, I have to admit I was shocked to see that duet flying solo there. Also have to admit I've noticed Bobby giving my man Diesel his share of praise the last few weeks and he left me absolutely stunned with his flattering remarks for Radz which seemed quite honest.

In truth I think Paul got schooled on that play there Sunday and is deserving of whatever blame comes with dropping 2 points to Sunderland. That was as ugly a brain cramp as can be had at that level. Ug.

Don't know what you guys are on about. Bobby's brilliant if EURO oriented.

Since the latest post on this thread, Bobby McMahon has actually taken the time to contact me and present his side and let me know his contributions to the game in Canada. We have had some excellent discussions on a number of subjects and I am pleased to admit I was completely and totally wrong. Just to take the time to make the point to someone as insignificant as me is not indicative of pompousness.

So amacpher & Cheeta were right and I have learned a good lesson. Thought I would let everyone know.

Cheers

Ivan

Archived