Toronto MLS research

mlsintoronto

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

Bonaparte was fascist?

Bonaparte is with the Dictator part as the magazine is actually called Fascist &</u> Dictator Monthly. I was going to get a subscription, but for some reason I feel uncomfortable with letting those people know where I live. :D

Guest Jeffery S.

So Sean, now that I posted "nicely" and all on another thread, you put the picture here. Fine. Why don't you put it on every single thread I might ever post on, just because I admitted that it was and often you are funny?

quote:Originally posted by RealGooner

Discussion is fine, but please RESPECT the purpose of this thread. This was a thread started by mlsintoronto to disscuss ideas for the Toronto MLS team. Thats it. This is NOT a thread about how MLS Toronto impacts the rest of Canada, or the state of Canadian soccer today. Feel free to start your own thread about that, but please be mature enough not hijack this one. That is all we are asking you to do.

<mod> Once again, yes. I thought things got better after I last posted in this thread to reinforce this point, as even G-Man's comments became appreciated and the doubts around mlsintoronto's identity died off. But things fell apart after Mpenza's post, which I agree was out of line for this thread. Unfortunately I did not see it until it was too late, with subsequent replies in both directions having already created an off-topic debate and mlsintoronto having bowed out. At that point, rather than bother to clean up and save the thread for someone who wouldn't be reading it anyway, I communicated with mlsintoronto privately about this stuff. Suffice it to say, he is not leaving on bad terms or with a negative impression of the group as a whole, and the fact that he is still meeting with the Ultras in person indicates as much. </mod>

• 2 weeks later...

Dear MLS in Toronto.. Im sure you got some wonderful feedback from the Truely hardcore football fan in Canada..and I hope you are taking it into the board room..

On behalf of all football fans in the greater Toronto area and all through out Canada, Congratualtions on securing the newest franchise in Major League Soccer. This definety a tremendous opportunity to develop our national football program and to showcase local talent aswell as showcase the passion that football fans in Toronto have in our blood. The new stadium will be beautiful and I as a football fan will support this club to the fullest. Thank you for making this happen.

Im writing this because I think I may have the perfect team name for the new club. Rumor has it (well according to Soccercentral on sportsnet) that the team name will have a european flavor, let me go thorou some of the suggestions.:

FC Toronto- very generic, it would also conflict with FC Dallas.

AC Toronto- very Italianesque this will please our Italian population but, will alienate most hardcore fans.

Sparta Toronto= very eastern european.

Toronto United- C'mon you can't be serious. would conflict with DC United

But those area lot better then calling the team, the earthquakes,blizzard or the fire, or pick and choice another "cool" North Americanized nickname.

The Nickname of the new Toronto football club should reflect what this city is. and should pull at the heart strings of the people of Toronto and envoke a sense of pride through out the whole nation. As a football fan who grew up in Manitoba I found it amazing that Toronto Football fans are just as knowledgeable about the game then most people that I met in my travels to Asia and Europe,For to describe this city in one word I would have to use the word "Cultured" and the Name of football team CANNOT insult the football intelligence of this city. Lets look at the social make up of Toronto. This is one of the Worlds great cities, what sets Toronto apart from New York,Paris,Sydney and London. is that there is no dispute that Toronto is the mosted Cultured, the most Dynamic and most Multi-cultural city in the world. and this should be a sense of pride for everyone one in the GTA. So If you think about it. The nick name of the team should reflect the strength of The city, and the strength is its people, people who came from all over the world, carrying with them their different customs, different cuisine, many languages and many passions. but the common denomintor for all Torontonians is their love for football.

I see Opening Day, Summer 2007, the New Stadium is Gorgeous, 20,000 fans packed into their seats. look up you see a clear blue sky hidden somewhere behind those buildings in the northeast view, and looking south the semmingly endless great blue lake ontario. Curiously when you look around you in the stands, you also see Blue,and White, the fans have definetly dressed for the occasion. I see the logo of the team. the standard brand of MLSE. A blue Maple leaf done in a classic style, inside the leaf a white silloutte of the toronto skyline with the Signature of The city the CN tower strecthing to the the top of the maple leaf. leaving the Maple leaf to look like theres a white bar seperating it into two halfs. around the Maple leaf there there are 2 scroll like banners with writing in them. the one top says: "The City of Toronto Football Club" the one on the Bottom says something Latin I cant read, but it keeps with the tradition of a lot of football clubs in Europe. The Fans are proud of there new team because the very name of this Club, makes there hair stand at attention and send shivers down their spines.

New Canadians, and those of us who where born and Bread here share the same pride in our country, this is evident if you travel abroad and see canadians flaunt with pride a Canadian Flag and A Canadian Passport. New Canadians will tell you the day they received their Citizenship Papers and became CANADIANS was probably one of the Happiest Days of their lives. The were now part of us. a greater community, as equal a Canadian as the person Prime Minister himself.

So with pride and with passion for our common denominators our Citizenship and the Game they brought with them, there is no doubt the Cultured Football fan in Toronto will be nothing but excited about the Name of Their new club, their new tradition.

So The Perfect name for the new Toronto MLS franchise should embody the pride all Torontonians and Canadians fell about each other.

Enter the name.

Toronto City Football Club.. T.O.F.C . aka.

THE TORONTO CITIZENS.

the blue and white, le bleu et blanc, le azur et blanco,

just a football fans opinion of our city and our growing football culture

Archived