Canada friendly rumours thread

Daniel

Bleus : Trois matchs amicaux en plus de la Slovaquie

mardi 13 décembre 2005 - 19 h 33

La Fédération française de football (FFF) a annoncé mardi que les Bleus disputeront trois matchs amicaux de préparation au Mondial 2006 en plus de celui déjà conclu contre la Slovaquie le 1er mars 2006.

Outre le match amical contre la Slovaquie programmé le 1er mars 2006, la FFF a annoncé mardi que les Bleus disputeront trois autres matchs amicaux de préparation au Mondial 2006.

La Fédération est actuellement en discussions avec huit pays, la Jamaïque, le Mexique, le Danemark, le Paraguay, la Finlande, le Canada, la Chine et le Japon pour finaliser ces trois rencontres dont une devrait avoir lieu le samedi 27 mai au Stade de France et les deux autres en Province à des dates à déterminer.

XS

That would be pretty nice to see our MNT against France. I think a good performance would help the fan base in Quebec, where I think our MNT has few supporters.

It would be nice for Canada to play at least 4 or 5 friendlies before the WC start. I think african countries could be a good option since their crowds look like the central americans crowd that we have to face in WCQ.

That would be pretty nice to see our MNT against France. I think a good performance would help the fan base in Quebec, where I think our MNT has few supporters.

It would be nice for Canada to play at least 4 or 5 friendlies before the WC start. I think african countries could be a good option since their crowds look like the central americans crowd that we have to face in WCQ.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Our MNT has few supporters ANYWHERE in Canada. If the CSA would actually bother to play in Québec from time to time, they'd get support as good as anywhere else, but I think it's that mentality which is keeping them from doing so. Why else would you avoid the most performing Canadian soccer city?

When Canada played here last (a bunch of friendlies), they've had great support, including 12k at Molson for a Brazil friendly.

quote:Originally posted by aussoccerfan

I heard a rumor that there will be a game in St. John's NFLD next August.

Sounds good! Would that be part of a twentieth anniversary gala? Would kind of make sense. You could certainly put on quite a show. Hard to argue that the Atlantic Canadians (not to mention the 86 vets) don't deserve a tribute match of some sort.

Because you might be caught with a "problem" game right off the bat which could "justify" Montreal's further exclusion. Unless it is a grand gala for charity, it could lead to trouble (the organizers of the last Cup of Montreal in 2001 haven't repeated the experiment...) and would provide a very pro-Haiti crowd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived