Serioux Leaves Millwall

VI

He gave it go. The fans are good. They have passion for the game and they give you stick when you need it and praise if it is due. They are there for the long long run. The management. Well that is a different story. In a word...a joke. Enough said.

A couple of Millwall fans were as much as saying the same last campain. Questionable managment at all levels. Endless boardroom politics. Blah, blah, blah. Sort of stuff which leads from bad to worse and has been replayed time and again at various organizations.

What can you say?

Good luck. Keep your chin up and your stick on the ice.

This from Millwall's site:

Contrary to some newspaper reports, Canadian international Adrian Serioux has not left the club to return home, but Lions boss Colin Lee admitted that he will be talking with the player who is concerned about his mother's ongoing health problems.

Colin explained: "Adrian came to see me the other night before the game and told me that he was in no fit state to be included in the squad for the QPR game because his mother had suffered a setback and that he wanted to return to Canada. Initially he was talking about going back for good and forgetting football whilst he concentrates on looking after his mother. He didn't seem quite so sure that he wanted to do that the following day, but clearly we will do whatever we can to support him in this situation, and the two week break we've got coming up may enable him to sort out what he wants to do."

http://www.millwallfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10367~720465,00.html?

quote:Originally posted by nolando

Would someone mind replying with a slightly less cryptic message that might, for instance, tell the rest of us whether or not Serioux has actually left the club?

Sorry I thought the title was clear. Adrian Serioux quit Millwall and will be returning to Canada. If the Management says different don't believe them.

VI has been a reliable source in my opinion. I'd tend to believe him. But if you want a source, how about MillwallFC.co.uk?

29.09.2005 Sad farewell

Adrian Serioux announced on Thursday that he will be returning to Canada to look after his mother who is once again in poor health. Lions World passed on the best wishes of all Millwall fans to the midfielder.

quote:Originally posted by sstackho

VI has been a reliable source in my opinion. I'd tend to believe him. But if you want a source, how about MillwallFC.co.uk?

29.09.2005 Sad farewell

Adrian Serioux announced on Thursday that he will be returning to Canada to look after his mother who is once again in poor health. Lions World passed on the best wishes of all Millwall fans to the midfielder.

There we go. It's just one of the foundations of a board like this one. We need sources.

Heres an article from Sky Sports confirming his exit

Millwall midfielder Adrian Serioux has decided to leave the club in order to care for his ill mother back in Canada.

The 26-year-old made the decision to mutually terminate the final year of his two-year contract following discussions with Lions boss Colin Lee this week.

The former Toronto Lynx player, who joined the South East London outfit for a nominal fee back in August 2004, had asked Lee earlier in the week to leave him out of his squad for Tuesday's 1-1 draw with London rivals Queens Park Rangers.

The Canadian international stated that the situation with his mother had left him unsettled and struggling to remain focused on his role at Millwall.

"My football career has to go on the back burner for now," Serioux told the club's official website.

"It's hard to concentrate on the game when I know things might not be well with my mother.

"My upbringing means my family always comes first and the most important thing is for me to go back."

Perhaps getting a bit ahead of myself here, but I wonder what his future visa situation would be. His two-year working-holidaymaker visa can't be renewed once it expires, and I'm not sure if he'd be able to get back the months remaining on his current visa, seeing as the working-holidaymaker visa has been been amended to exclude professional athletes.

Archived