Favourite Soccer Television Personality in Canada

mrpopulistfutebol

What is everyone's favourite soccer television personality in Canada?

Mine has to be Bobby McMahon, without a doubt. The class of Fox Sports World Report. He is worth sacrificing my going out Friday nights for his absolutely insightful commentary on the game. A hidden jewel from Winnipeg Manitoba.

Craig Forrest would be a close second along with Dick Howard.

Guest HamiltonSteelers

For the record, I miss Graham Leggatt on TV.

My favorite is Brian Budd from The Score. He's quite entertaining in a "Don Cherry" sort of way. After that, I'd have to go with your picks listed above in order. McMahon is just a delight to listen to.

Guest HamiltonSteelers

I thought of Alf about 20 minutes after my first post. At first, I thought he came off as a pompous snob, but that's just his delivery. Every interview I've read or see, he comes off geniune.

So he'll land in the middle of my list.

I'm gonna change this a bit.

The most annoying is that Seamus guy on the ESPN feed for CL.

He has that upper classmen almost faggotty attitude about him. He just makes my skin crawl. Whenever I hear him I go see if RDS is covering the same game 'cuz they are much easier on the ears.That guy should get out of broadcasting, he makes Tommy (Mr. Onion Bags) sound professional.

Ian Leggat IS THE BEST

Okay, saw Bobby McMahon tonight on Fox Sports World. Yes, he is pretty good, but OUCH those others with him Michelle and Jeremy are PAINFUL! Laughing at nothing, trying to be funny, etc. They need to go away. You can tell that show is coming from someone's garage in Winnipeg.

ya the show might be comming from a garage but it is run incredibly well and covers many leagues and stories. The get a lot of video's from all kinds of leagues.

Jeremy St.Louis is a little goofy but what can you expect from a man yoo fan.... He also butchers names like Hajduk, Bochum, Debrecen and he couldent say a Turkish team's name to save his life, yet I still think he's pretty good.

quote:Originally posted by zacRWE

ya the show might be comming from a garage but it is run incredibly well and covers many leagues and stories. The get a lot of video's from all kinds of leagues.

Jeremy St.Louis is a little goofy but what can you expect from a man yoo fan.... He also butchers names like Hajduk, Bochum, Debrecen and he couldent say a Turkish team's name to save his life, yet I still think he's pretty good.

LOL funny you speak of butchering names because they really can't pronounce any of the french teams or players, its painful to watch.

Hey, I like Jeremy. Admittedly he needs some polishing and a lot of the "off camera" chatter that goes on comes across as incomplete when it dose spill over into the program but it isn't that bad. Certainly seen other programs where the warm-and-fuzzy came off just for what it was, a load of faked crap.

No, I'd say not a bad crew. But I wonder sometimes who writes some of their stuff for them. Youch, pretty robotic delivery. Just listen to those cricket or rugger highlights sometimes. (If they aren't borrowing someone elses brain I'll eat my hat).

Bobby's alright. Perfectly comfortable in front of the camera and he keeps atop things that much is certain.

Agreed. That set has got to go. Pretty sure that's a left over news cast desk they found in an abandoned shed behind the CTV studios.

P.S. Actualy liked Vic back in the day all though he could get silly. Working with Legget will do that I guess. But Dick Howard??? Oy. Him and that Smyth fellow on Fox. Fu'k me!

Guest HamiltonSteelers

He also butchers names like Hajduk, Bochum, Debrecen and he couldent say a Turkish team's name to save his life, yet I still think he's pretty good.

You try and say Genclerbirligi 10 times fast... I've tried it and stumble on 1. But Ankaragucu is fun to say... "Ahn-ka-ra-goo-koo..." :)

Run incredibly well?! Okay, now I have to add more. No it is not run incredibly well. Any broadcast operation with a couple of dishes and access to digital feeds can pull in those game clips. The forced banter between the hosts is awful. McMahon probably wishes he had a little wall between him and the of desk. The added visual effects to their highlight packages is silly. Do you see ESPN, TSN, CTV, CBC or Sportsnet do this? The graffics operation is tragic. Spa cing bet we en lette rs and spelling is at times komicall. All in all, a very small time operation. We're left to watch it simply out of a lack of better choices. It will be interesting to see how GolTV competes.

Archived