Favourite Soccer Television Personality in Canada

mrpopulistfutebol

MY vote goes to Paul James on the Score. The only guy on that panel who is in tune with what is is happening on the canadian scene and at the same time the international scene. Provides IMO, well researched evaluations of canadian performance.

BTW, I also enjoy listening to Bobby McMahon's commentary

My favourite still has been Graeham Leggat when he covered soccer for TSN in the late 80s.

He knew what he was talking about and knew how to convey it on TV.

Bobby McMahon is very credible on the FSW Report, although the show greatly lagged the

Sky Sports Report that it replaced. The show is definitely BUDGET, and the commentary by

the "soccer experts" needs some huge improvement. But much better than 2 years ago and improving.

I couldn't stand Max Bretos and the pro-MLS & pro-American angle. That's just my preference.

Paul James on the Score is very poised as a commentator and quite attuned to the Canadian scene.

Brian Budd is stuck on grassroots development and quite boisterous in comments. Even talks out

of topic in most cases.

My score (with 10 the highest): Leggatt 8, McMahon 7, James 7, Budd 1, Bretos 5 (but doesn't count) , Dick Howard 6, Craig Forrest 6, Vic Rauter 7, Alf 6, Gerry Dobson 5, Jeremy St.Louis

0 ...

Archived