Gold Cup Roster?

hottoddy7

So what do we expect this roster to look like? With Stalteri and Mckenna joining new clubs Deguzman injured and joining a new club and four or five others ie. Attiba, Reda, Occean etc in season in Scandinavia will we see any of them? I wonder how many of them will be making the trip and if they don't who will be there.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the Montreal Impact perspective, I would like to see Grande, if he can regain his health, Gervais in the squad, and Sutton in Goal.

Other players id like to see are; (in no particular order)

1)Tam Nsaliwa

2)Mike Klukloski (sp?)

3)Paul Stalteri

4)Both Deguzman brothers

5)Tomas Radzinski (even if he wont be around in 2010)

6)James Brennan

7)Ian Hume

8)Rob Friend

9)Tony Menezes (sp?)

10)Richard Hastings

11)The Big Smoke Kev McKenna

12)Jason Jordan

13)Alfredo Valente

14)Olivier Ocean (NI was not a fluke)

And finally 3 to 4 players from Dale Mitchells Squad, so they can earn some senior mens Caps..................

All in all.....just an early christmas list

I think it was reported last month that Nsaliwa is back in the fold and will be rejoining the national team for the Gold Cup,, can't remember any other names but would like to see the core of the team that faced Portugal with the addition of Hume..

quote:Originally posted by kelownaguy

I think it was reported last month that Nsaliwa is back in the fold and will be rejoining the national team for the Gold Cup,, can't remember any other names but would like to see the core of the team that faced Portugal with the addition of Hume..

I think that that article just said that Nsaliwa is coming back for a camp in June. It didn't say anything about the Gold Cup. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is: http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6682

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

On the Montreal Impact perspective, I would like to see Grande, if he can regain his health, Gervais in the squad, and Sutton in Goal.

Other players id like to see are; (in no particular order)

1)Tam Nsaliwa

2)Mike Klukloski (sp?)

3)Paul Stalteri

4)Both Deguzman brothers

5)Tomas Radzinski (even if he wont be around in 2010)

6)James Brennan

7)Ian Hume

8)Rob Friend

9)Tony Menezes (sp?)

10)Richard Hastings

11)The Big Smoke Kev McKenna

12)Jason Jordan

13)Alfredo Valente

14)Olivier Ocean (NI was not a fluke)

And finally 3 to 4 players from Dale Mitchells Squad, so they can earn some senior mens Caps..................

All in all.....just an early christmas list

Sutton is not up to international level of football, he's an a league

keeper and just that, if Canada wan't to do well at this tournament

that they have to go with Lars in the nets.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Why does Beast have an obsession with Lars, it's not like he's a top keeper. To be honest Lars is an a-league keeper who prefer to spend his time in Europe for I don't know what reason.

For one thing there is the money. Sitting on the bench for Leicaster and Dundee United this season proabably earned him more money than he could in 4 A-Leauge seasons.

The second factor is the potential opportunity. It never worked out to his advantage, but he got some good cash out of it. Maybe it will next year.

Jason

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

Come on, loyola-you know that Beast's words are not to be trusted. So do like we all do and laugh at them.

No, most people ignore him. Please (for the millionth time) do that as well.

quote:Originally posted by marcl_19

beats i thought you officially resigned form the board?

When did i resign? I just took a time out. But back to topic, if

canada plays Sutton in the Gold Cup they better have lots of time

for picking the ball out of the net. I have always said and will

stand by it that A league (USL) players are not good enough for

the national team. If they want to use USL players just send the

Toronto LYNX and be done with it.

Why does Beast have an obsession with Lars, it's not like he's a top keeper. To be honest Lars is an a-league keeper who prefer to spend his time in Europe for I don't know what reason.

Why be paid well and have a 10 month season when you can get poverty line wages for 5 months out of the year?? He must be silly.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

Why be paid well and have a 10 month season when you can get poverty line wages for 5 months out of the year?? He must be silly.

I don't know how much he gets over there, but for a guy who sign 6 months deal every 6 months I don't think he's getting a very good salary. I also remember him saying that he had to buy an old cheap car and that's was weird when he arrived at Spurs because of all the other players had flashy car.

My comment was more about his career then money, but I agree that he's surely making more money playing over there.

I would not be surprise to see Wagenaaar being called after watching what Dale Mitchell had to say about him on soccercentral today. DM and FY seems very high on this kid and I'm looking forward to see him in Holland if he has a good tournament maybe we'll see him in a MNT camp soon.

I don't know how much he gets over there, but for a guy who sign 6 months deal every 6 months I don't think he's getting a very good salary. I also remember him saying that he had to buy an old cheap car and that's was weird when he arrived at Spurs because of all the other players had flashy car.

My comment was more about his career then money, but I agree that he's surely making more money playing over there.

I would not be surprise to see Wagenaaar being called after watching what Dale Mitchell had to say about him on soccercentral today. DM and FY seems very high on this kid and I'm looking forward to see him in Holland if he has a good tournament maybe we'll see him in a MNT camp soon.

Let's not forget the cost of living is way higher in England. He probably makes more money but spends a lot more then he would here.

You guys are too clever for me today. Look what Lars had to do to make ends meet over there: no bling, crappy car, not to mention haircuts being out of his salary range. Total change from his 'stylin' days with the Calgary Storm. For God's Lars, don't throw it all away!! Come back to the Lynx!!!!!

My point wasn't about money!!! It was about what's best for his career, playing in the A-League or sitting on the bench in the UK? His career is going nowhere on a soccer point of view.

If you want to discuss about the money I would like to know what kind of wages does he get if you know it and also what Sutton makes by playing in the A-League.

Ed, why are you so defensive when we talk about Lars? I'm just refering to something Lars said and Kurosawa is bringing a good point about the expensive lifestyle of the UK. At the end of the day we're only trying to figure out what kind of money he gets over there (I have no idea and maybe I'll be surprise). No big deal here!

Why am I defensive?

quote: To be honest Lars is an a-league keeper who prefer [sic] to spend his time in Europe for I don't know what reason.

You call Lars an 'a-league keeper'. That's your opinion. It may be seen as being defensive but I think he is still our best option in net. I've seen Onstad, Franks, and Sutton all play live and I think if Lars had been in the net for our WCQ campaign, along with a few other personnel choices where I disagree with Yallop, we'd be in the hex. And as far as reasons to spend time in Europe, being paid (first and foremost) and in Euros might be a starting point. The Storm players weren't exactly buried in cash.

quote: I don't know how much he gets over there, but for a guy who sign 6 months deal every 6 months I don't think he's getting a very good salary. I also remember him saying that he had to buy an old cheap car and that's was weird when he arrived at Spurs because of all the other players had flashy car.

You have no clue what Lars makes so why say otherwise. If you have that article at hand I'd be shocked if it said he HAD to buy an old cheap car. That's just his style.

The bottom line is that I disagree totally that playing in the A-League is better from a football point of view than being with the reserves of a 1st division or SPL (or definitely EPL) team. So it is a bit of a deal to me.

If Lars want to play for the MNT he needs to see more playing time. To be honest I'm not sure sitting on the bench in the UK has done any good to his game since 2002, I for sure haven't seen any major improvement in his game(he hasn't regress tough). By that time Sutton did improve a lot by playing a lot of games in the A-League and he's now challenging for the #1 spot.

I called Lars an A-league keeper for the only reason that's the only league in the last 3-4 yrs where he proved in could start.

About the money issue, that's the thing I have no idea about it so I,m not making any comment or judgement about it, I'm only asking question. Like I said my first comment was more on the football issue, but of course it's kind of impossible to forget about the money.

Lars needs to do what is the best for himself, not what for Canada. What is best for him, is to play some games here, get his confidence back. He's going club to club why? Plain and simple, because his confidence is lacking. He's not getting game experience, and it is hurting his career. He needs to come back here, or anywhere, where He can get some action versus some decent players.

Archived