Will Radzinski retire from international football?

He'll retire.

And I don't think there's anything sinister or selfish if he dose. Just he's gotten to that age and it's time to move on.

Might make a cameo here and there depending how many more years he's got left in him, but I don't think he's got more than a couple-three left for the Premiership if he can stay healthy. And I just don't see Radz. settling for playing in the lower divisions or lesser leagues anymore.

Settle down. Bring home a wife. Raise up a new crop of Little Radz.s who'll do their country proud.

(Might be the biggest question mark of this tourny. Yallop's inability to find, or fit, Radzinski into the squad to fullest potential.)

There is no point in keeping Radz around from the team's point of view either. If we are eliminated for the WC it is time to give our younger future strikers more international experience and also exposure to larger clubs in better leagues. In the unlikely situation that Radz is still in form and superior to our alternatives when the next WCQ rolls around he could always be reintegrated into the team.

It was nice seeing Radz play again for the national team. But like a few others have pointed out he just doesn't seem to suit the style of play that Canada puts on the field. It's not a question of changing tactics, but the fact remains is that we lack a person to set up plays from the midfield. Radz does not seem to be able/willing to create the plays we need to score goals and win games. Better suited to developpe Hume, deRosario, and Occean.

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

It was nice seeing Radz play again for the national team. But like a few others have pointed out he just doesn't seem to suit the style of play that Canada puts on the field. It's not a question of changing tactics, but the fact remains is that we lack a person to set up plays from the midfield. Radz does not seem to be able/willing to create the plays we need to score goals and win games. Better suited to developpe Hume, deRosario, and Occean.

Rad is the finisher. His major problem is that the team has not been able to provide him with a reasonable level of support. I would say that this is the same problem that Alex Bunbury had when he played for Canada.

In the Portuguese 1st he scored loads of goals against quality opposition but there he was part of a team. Our guys aren't given enough time to become a team.

quote:Originally posted by redhat

Speaking of doing everyone a favour ...

Sorry I couldn't resist ...[}:)]

Don't blame you, really. Ever notice that SoccerBeast never ventures to suggest a line-up alternative, or come up with any positive suggestions? In short, he never sticks his neck on the line but takes every opportunity to crap all over those who do. Abusive, plain and simple.

Hey Beav, if you check one of the threads i did name a line-up,

maybe it got censored by the Anti freedom of speech police who

help run this site. I have made Several Positive suggestions,

firing the manager, Put Lars back in the nets, have our national

side playe more meaningful friendlies prior to be tournaments such as this, what more do you want?

quote:Originally posted by soccerbeast

Hey Beav, if you check one of the threads i did name a line-up,

maybe it got censored by the Anti freedom of speech police who

help run this site. I have made Several Positive suggestions,

firing the manager, Put Lars back in the nets, have our national

side playe more meaningful friendlies prior to be tournaments such as this, what more do you want?

You don't get it, do you? First off, your suggestion to put Lars in net is a fine opinion and is the sort that actually has a home here. I'm not sure Lars would have made a huge difference, but I won't disagree that Onstad was horrible on two goals yesterday. Lars MAY become a very good goalie, but he has NOT being playing regularly for his club and is very rusty. Playing meaningful friendlies--any friendlies--prior to big tournaments is key, yes. And once again, this is the sort of opinion that is worthy here. But too often you crap all over our players and our coach with little or no apparent understanding of the game and the facts, and with little apparent respect for the reality of what we face as a third-world soccer nation. You were calling for Yallop's head after ONE game! How do you expect any of us to respect what you say when you make such irrational statements. And, you never seem to answer our questions when we press you to fully explain your grand, often irrational, often mean-spirited comments. You have no credibility! It is easy to say "Fire the coach" but it isn't so easy to come up with a good, realistic and reasonable replacement for Yallop. And if you can't figure it out, Osiek (not Hosiek) is not coming back, he isn't wanted back, and he did not achieve very much when he was here.

In short, there is a certain spirit to this forum, one that TRIES to be supportive of our team and players while also being realistically critical. We must always be fair in our judgement--not soft--and you are too often ridiculously malicious, ignorant of the facts, and meanspirited. How can we take you seriously? I want to. I'd rather admit you to the fold than berate you; I'd rather see you a credible and well-liked member of this forum, somebody free to make useful and informed criticisms, but you let me and the others down far too often.

Come on, you are capable of better.

quote:Originally posted by Whither Canada

At the risk of only encouraging you, please explain to us how Radz retiring prior to this WCQ would have done us all a favour.

Lets put it this way if Radz had retired prior to this WCQ round we

could have put in a younger player with a bit of speed, he wouldn't have to score,because Radz didn't do that either.

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

You don't get it, do you? First off, your suggestion to put Lars in net is a fine opinion and is the sort that actually has a home here. I'm not sure Lars would have made a huge difference, but I won't disagree that Onstad was horrible on two goals yesterday. Lars MAY become a very good goalie, but he has NOT being playing regularly for his club and is very rusty. Playing meaningful friendlies--any friendlies--prior to big tournaments is key, yes. And once again, this is the sort of opinion that is worthy here. But too often you crap all over our players and our coach with little or no apparent understanding of the game and the facts, and with little apparent respect for the reality of what we face as a third-world soccer nation. You were calling for Yallop's head after ONE game! How do you expect any of us to respect what you say when you make such irrational statements. And, you never seem to answer our questions when we press you to fully explain your grand, often irrational, often mean-spirited comments. You have no credibility! It is easy to say "Fire the coach" but it isn't so easy to come up with a good, realistic and reasonable replacement for Yallop. And if you can't figure it out, Osiek (not Hosiek) is not coming back, he isn't wanted back, and he did not achieve very much when he was here.

In short, there is a certain spirit to this forum, one that TRIES to be supportive of our team and players while also being realistically critical. We must always be fair in our judgement--not soft--and you are too often ridiculously malicious, ignorant of the facts, and meanspirited. How can we take you seriously? I want to. I'd rather admit you to the fold than berate you; I'd rather see you a credible and well-liked member of this forum, somebody free to make useful and informed criticisms, but you let me and the others down far too often.

Come on, you are capable of better.

Beav

Like you say Holger is not coming back,why would he want to come back to this shambles of a team and football organization (CSA). I for one would like him back for the disicipline he brought to the team and got the rift raft (Pesch & Radz to return to europe with their tails between their legs).Up until the end of this WCQ run i have always

been proud to support our national side win, lose or draw. I would wear my national team jersey with pride while other canucks would wear their shirts of other nations, Italy,England,Scotland,etc. I'll be the first to admit i let my emotions get the better of me when i come to forums such as this,but i don't think i have been mean spirited as you say. I was calling for Yallops head after the first game cause i saw where we we headed out of the world cup, i said that

back then and was proven right. I would disagree that calling us a third world soccer nation a bit much, cause at least some of the third world countries are making progress, while we continue to sink lower and lower down the ladder. You may be right that Lars may be rusty,but wanna bet Frank sticks with Onstad in the final game? give Lars a shot, a win now won't give us back much credibility, so get Lars in there rusty or not. As for my views on the manager they have not changed, so i won't ramble on about them. Cheers.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

He'll retire.

And I don't think there's anything sinister or selfish if he dose. Just he's gotten to that age and it's time to move on.

Might make a cameo here and there depending how many more years he's got left in him, but I don't think he's got more than a couple-three left for the Premiership if he can stay healthy. And I just don't see Radz. settling for playing in the lower divisions or lesser leagues anymore.

Settle down. Bring home a wife. Raise up a new crop of Little Radz.s who'll do their country proud.

(Might be the biggest question mark of this tourny. Yallop's inability to find, or fit, Radzinski into the squad to fullest potential.)

If he has any sense he'll make sure his little ones play for POLAND!!

quote:Originally posted by soccerbeast

Beav

Like you say Holger is not coming back,why would he want to come back to this shambles of a team and football organization (CSA). I for one would like him back for the disicipline he brought to the team and got the rift raft (Pesch & Radz to return to europe with their tails between their legs).Up until the end of this WCQ run i have always

been proud to support our national side win, lose or draw. I would wear my national team jersey with pride while other canucks would wear their shirts of other nations, Italy,England,Scotland,etc. I'll be the first to admit i let my emotions get the better of me when i come to forums such as this,but i don't think i have been mean spirited as you say. I was calling for Yallops head after the first game cause i saw where we we headed out of the world cup, i said that

back then and was proven right. I would disagree that calling us a third world soccer nation a bit much, cause at least some of the third world countries are making progress, while we continue to sink lower and lower down the ladder. You may be right that Lars may be rusty,but wanna bet Frank sticks with Onstad in the final game? give Lars a shot, a win now won't give us back much credibility, so get Lars in there rusty or not. As for my views on the manager they have not changed, so i won't ramble on about them. Cheers.

Fair enough--I don't agree with all that you say, but that's okay. I think you make grand claims based on very little information, but this is your m.o. and nobody--aside from a couple posters here--takes you seriously. To clarify: when I call us a third world soccer nation, I am being metaphorical. What I am saying, to make it crystal, is that in the world of soccer, we are a "have not" country. Or, at most, we are a 3rd tier soccer nation. I was not talking about third world countries--a term that is perjorative, but who cares, this is a soccer forum and we can let fly with anything...;)

Archived