let me know the starting lineup for wed.

stacks

quote:Originally posted by stacks

what do you think it will be?

I think

onstad

hutch menezes watson jazic

hume guzman imhof de rosario

radz ocean

that backline looks suspect. hutch is out of pos, watson is slow, and we all know what jazic is capable of under pressure. we will definitely miss DeVos/Stalteri. Brennan should be here!

I like Occean starting, though.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

gk-onstad

rb-hutchinson

cd-menezes (if healthy, if not, serioux)

cd-watson

lb-simpson

rm-hume

cm-de guzman

cm-imhof

lm-de rosario

st-occean

st-radzinski

Won't be Serioux. As posted on another thread, and from CSA'a website, he's back in England for treatment on a sore shoulder (which probably limits his effectiveness more than it would most footballers).

Based on what I saw in Edmonton, this is what I'd do:

Onstad

Hutch Watson Menezes Jazic

Hume DeGuzmann Imhof Simpson

Ocean Radzinski

Remember, without Devos we are missing most of our height. We are not a tall team anymore--with Devos and Mckenna out--and so I feel Ocean will be needed. Plus, Ocean's size and strength should create room for Radz.

I wonder if we'd be stronger both defensively and creatively if Hutch and Imhof switched positions. Imhof, like somebody pointed out, can play right back. DD can come in up front maybe.

Originally posted by The Beaver

Based on what I saw in Edmonton, this is what I'd do:

Onstad

Hutch Watson Menezes Jazic

Hume DeGuzmann Imhof Simpson

Ocean Radzinski

Remember, without Devos we are missing most of our height. We are not a tall team anymore--with Devos and Mckenna out--and so I feel Ocean will be needed. Plus, Ocean's size and strength should create room for Radz.

I wonder if we'd be stronger both defensively and creatively if Hutch and Imhof switched positions. Imhof, like somebody pointed out, can play right back. DD can come in up front maybe.

[/quote

My guess: DeRosario will start again on the left (Simpson didn't impress enough against Guatemala to warrant another start at this time).

I agree that Occean's more physical presence is needed up front.

Doubt very much that Yallop will do the Imhoff/Hutchison switch.

P.S.: If we don't win or at least tie, I'm sure Mr. Radzinski will give a press release announcing his "retirement" from international football shortly after this match.

quote:Originally posted by marktci

Won't be Serioux. As posted on another thread, and from CSA'a website, he's back in England for treatment on a sore shoulder (which probably limits his effectiveness more than it would most footballers).

apparently won't be menezes either. Read he picked up a knock in training, didn't he?

Okay, if Sigma's information is in anyway indicative of what we will do tonight, here is the line-up:

Onstad

Hutch Watson Gervais Jazic

Hume DeGuzman Grande DeRosario

Pesch

Radzinski

I must admit I am not full convinced that Pesch and DeRo should be out there (DeRo should be up front) but I am hopeful none the less. I can't quite fathom why Imhof would not be in the lineup. If anything, stick him wide right and bring Hume on for Pesch as a sub. Would have liked to see Ocean up front. We need the big man.

I know you're only going on what Sigma's reported but perhaps Imhof has been moved to the backline. I'm not sure what he could've done to lose his starting spot, so maybe Frank's trying to provide a little more familiarity back there. Maybe have Hutch on the bench in case Grande doesn't work out.

Just theorizing...

quote:Originally posted by El Hombre

I know you're only going on what Sigma's reported but perhaps Imhof has been moved to the backline. I'm not sure what he could've done to lose his starting spot, so maybe Frank's trying to provide a little more familiarity back there. Maybe have Hutch on the bench in case Grande doesn't work out.

Just theorizing...

Yeah, I can't see how we can afford to NOT play Imhof at this point. He is strong defensively, supports the ball well, and we need his experience out there as much as possible.

I know this is sort of beside the point, but how have we gone from having one of the best midfield's in Canadian history to one that is patchy at best? DeGuzmann is awesome, but I am not convinced the rest of our options at midfield have been as solid as they could be.

I am now more or less convinced that Diesel has to come back into the midfield. Personally, I feel that Yallop needs to rethink right-back. My gut tells me that Nsaliwa could be the best choice, with a few others deserving consideration. Diesel could play on the right, or in the middle. I like DeGuzman in the middle, but I suspect we need him on the left. Hume is okay on the right, but I think he is most dangerous for us when he plays up front. Then there is the issue of Brennan and Kluka and DeRo. DeRo, in my mind, is a defensive liability and should not be in midfield at all. He, too, is better used up front. Wouldn't mind seeing Pesch or Diesel or Imhoff on the right. My choice midfield would be:

lm - DeGuzman Stalteri Serioux Imhoff

At back:

Jazic DeVos Hutch (Kluka) Nsaliwa

Up front:

Radz with either DD, Hume or Ocean

The great news is that our young guys look very promising, with Peters and Simpson, Hume and Hutch, Ocean and DeGuzman rounding out a pretty good crop, and with Kluka and Nsaliwa and others in the wings.

Yallop said it best in a comment he made, "Pesch wasn't giving Radz the support he needed"! Any co-incident that Occean was on the field when we got both our Goals "Even tho his own was called back".

Occean is important because he create's more space for Radz. There arn't many tall stocky strikers in this region, he drive's fear into opposing back line!

So as for the starting lineup.

Radz, Occean

Hume, De Guzman, Imhof, De Rosario

Jazic "put some power in your passes", Watson, Gervais, "Grande,Hutch"

I thought Hutch had an ok game. He did well getting into the right position to take a couple of goals away from Honduras!

---

Serioux is in England receiving treatment for his shoulder.

Devos Suspension.

Stalteri Suspension.

Menezes, I don't know whats going on but apparently still has the bad knee.

Yallop said it best in a comment he made, "Pesch wasn't giving Radz the support he needed"! Any co-incident that Occean was on the field when we got both our Goals "Even tho his own was called back".

Occean is important because he create's more space for Radz. There arn't many tall stocky strikers in this region, he drive's fear into opposing back line!

So as for the starting lineup.

Radz, Occean

Hume, De Guzman, Imhof, De Rosario

Jazic "put some power in your passes", Watson, Gervais, "Grande,Hutch"

I thought Hutch had an ok game. He did well getting into the right position to take a couple of goals away from Honduras!

---

Serioux is in England receiving treatment for his shoulder.

Devos Suspension.

Stalteri Suspension.

Menezes, I don't know whats going on but apparently still has the bad knee.

Hmmm, what odds at a 4-3-2-1 with this line-up

Onstad

Atiba, Gervais, Watson, Jazic

De Rosario, Imhof, De Guzman, Grande, Hume

Radzinski

Despite our best intentions I suspect we may be on the back foot to start the match. Clog up the midfield this way, with Hume & Radzinski able to join the attack with Radzinski, who's quite good at holding the ball up if you play to fee (and with 5 in the midfield all capable of ball control, you should be able to).

Archived