Canada vs Belize home game

jaydog2006

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newfoundland and Labrador in early June, St Anthony or Labrador City;)

Really, though an Atlantic date would be sweet.But I'd go mid market , Kingston, or Quebec City, Victoria ,St.John's Halifax,London kind of places if stadia are available.Keep the Vancouvers , Edmontons , Ottawas or Montreals 'till later on (hopefully).Saint John , but there was an Olympic Qualifier at UNBSJ stadium. So can't see it again for a while.

Have I mentioned Iqaluit, would be a wonderful cultural experience worth enjoying for our friends from Central America[:P]

quote:Originally posted by jaydog2006

It aslo could be ottawa.The csa wants a big game in ottawa would this be it.

My gut feeling tells me that whenever they do come to Ottawa, it will be against a high caliber team. Reason being they would want a sure-fire success for the first Men's Nat match here. Something to build on.

Montreal.

I think the game is a lousy draw first of all, so they'll keep it to a smaller stadium, so Claude Robillard fits the bill nicely here. Plus, Montreal, with the Impact has had a bit of a resurgence as of late for Canadian soccer. I'd expect the CSA to use this as a bit of a way to test the waters there. If not, I'd expect Vancouver. I figure they save Commonwealth for games that would be real draws.

quote:Originally posted by Ryan Keay

Montreal.

I think the game is a lousy draw first of all, so they'll keep it to a smaller stadium, so Claude Robillard fits the bill nicely here. Plus, Montreal, with the Impact has had a bit of a resurgence as of late for Canadian soccer. I'd expect the CSA to use this as a bit of a way to test the waters there. If not, I'd expect Vancouver. I figure they save Commonwealth for games that would be real draws.

You're right. Montreal looks real, real good right about now. The timing seems perfect to take advantage of the Impact renaissance.

You can say "It's meant to be played on grass" til the cows can come home.. but slowly the new turfs are being accepted.

They may never totally replace grass, but i see it going pretty far. Especially as the new turfs get better. It's economics.

Report on World Cup 2022

Barcelona, Spain (AP) - After crashing out of the World Cup Finals at the semi-final stage against Canada, Italy has threatened to sue FIFA over the use of FieldTurf 5.2. Italy manager Paolo Maldini claims that a Canadian conspiracy was started at the turn of the millenium in Montreal, Canada, where the makers of FieldTurf originated. "This has always been seen as a way to ensure the Italian team's loss", claims Maldini. "We will take this to the highest possible court. A spot in the World Cup Final is Italy's birthright".

FIFA President Sepp Blatter, who turned 113 yesterday, dismissed the Italian claims. "FIFA regulations are always in place without favoritism". He added: "Jack Warner and I discussed this at length 2 years ago, when it was decided that the entire CONCACAF Hex would be played on the Field Turf field in Port-of-Spain".

Canadian International Jean-Pierre Tremblay, who scored the Silver Goal in the 116th minute, is the son of Montreal entrepeneur Lucien Tremblay, the man dubbed "The Father of FieldTurf". Oddly enough, the younger Tremblay plays his club football in Peruggia of the European League of Elite Clubs. In a twist not seen since the 2002 World Cup, Peruggia president Dino Baggio threatened to throw him off the team. "He has betrayed the nation that pays his wages", offered Baggio. "He shall never set foot in Italia again".

Canadian Prime Minister Avril Lavigne was philosophical about the controversy. "It's like, you know, so uncool."

CSA President Ziggy had this to say: "As a victim of a previous conspiracy, I sympathize with the Italians. However, just go to my website and I will outline where the Italians have it all wrong".

With excerpts from Gazetto Dello Sport

Hmmm. Would like to see the match somewhere out west to be honest. During the European season I'll conceed home matchs will have to played out east for the good of the nation but that of course means summer dates HAVE to go out to God's Country.

Don't think Belize will draw flys in the way of travelling supports within Canada. Who's going to drop a grand to watch Canada's B squad thrash Belize? So, smaller venue it is. Preferably in a smaller urban center where the novelty will be enough to sell tickets.

Can't think of any suitable locations out of hand. Guess that leaves Swangard and WSC if my way of thinking holds. Wouldn't need extra seating for Belize I don't think in either venue. Yep, I vote Winnipeg.

Well, since that's settled the only question remaining is do we meet at Shannon's or The Round Table? Round Table pre-game Shannon's post?

Ya know,I've alaways maintained that it has been way too long since the last MNT game at Swangard(and Canada)but I think Montreal really deserves it more.Claude Robbilard is more than suitable for this game.Just don't forget Vancouver in the next round.We may be far away but give us a chance and you wont be sorry.

Great article Mimglow!!!! Did you get it from a time-travelling fly that overheard the converation between the CSA and Yallop in Vancouver that ended up in Cheetah's trashcan before blowing further east to the

OttawaMontreal sweat/snowbelt?

Speaking of the axis of evil, no way they are going to have an important cosmos-effecting event on turf, no matter what it's called, plays like or looks like, or how much anybody get's into Cheetah's stash. FIFA and CONCACAF may be insensitive louts, but they aint gonna risk such a debacle, even if it is much noise signifying nothing. Hmmm, good wine for Africa!

Archived