Anyone here played pro?

Crazy_Yank

This is probably the wrong country to be asking this question, given our pro league situation......... :)

Didn't play pro, though I did play for my home town's "Rep" team with a certain Mark Chung......his success in MLS is just another reason I kick myself for getting out of the game when I did. After all, if my teammates could make it "big", I'd have to figure I'd have had a chance if I'd kept at it. But that was all so long ago........

And if we can still believe in tomorrow, yesterday will disappear soon enough - IQ, The Wake (1985)

I was a cut from the university team in my freshman year - the keeper they kept went on to be Canada West all star a couple of years in a row. Made the university "club" (not official CIAU Sport) in Rugby and never tried out again. I was a bit bitter at the time as I thought I was a better keeper. The other guy was by far the better athlete however and ultimately did better than I think I would have.

The opinions expressed above are just that.

Well you guys did way better than me.

Never even got to play at the senior level never mind pro. Was way, way better at three-down football by the later teenage years so off I went to bust up the knees.

Sorrily missed playing though, still do. Could run forever, magic first touch and had that allways important extra passing gear. Thaaaat's about it though.

"Minority of one"

I was teamates at the youth level with a couple of players that were on the Olympic team and Whitecaps of the early 80's.I was more successful as a youth coach winning a national title by beating Paul Peschisolido and Carl Fletchers Scarborough Blues team in the final.We also beat Carlo Corrazins New West team along the way.Great memories.

I was fortunate to be involved in the game with some outstanding players and coaches.What was sad is that so many more youth players could have gone on to bigger and better things if they had more opportunities to do so.Players like Pesch,Fletcher and Corazzin were not only talented but had the desire and determination to acheive their soccer goals.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

What school?

--------------------------------------------------

Sigma do toho!

fotbal.idnes.cz

Not being facetious, but maybe Loyola?

Mimglow, Ottawa

You are the witness of change

And to counteract

We gotta take the power back

Rage Against The Machine

I only made it to NCAA D3, and that was it. I played in the same conference as Crazy_Yank :D

Sigma do toho!

fotbal.idnes.cz

I scored my first collegiate goal against your school :D

"Try not, do. Do or do not. There is no try" - Yoda

I never played much competitive soccer after age 14.

But I have coached for/against: Ian Hume, Atiba Hutchinson, Chris Williams, Winston Marshall, Dave Simpson and a bunch of CPSLers.

Also, my uncle played in the NASL for Memphis/Calgary.

Ahh, yes, but at least you didn't score on me! haha

I think the first team I played against was Augustana. I entered the game in the 80th when my team was losing 6-0 [:o)]

Sigma do toho!

fotbal.idnes.cz

"Try not, do. Do or do not. There is no try" - Yoda

They must have had a lot of faith in you to expect you to pull back 6 goals in 10 minutes :D

Had made the roster for the London Lasers of the CSL back in 1992, but the league folded after that and my aspirations of pro soccer died with that, although i had a brief stint with the Toronto Jets (CNSL) in 1993, after that i finally came to grip that pro soccer ain't happening in this neck of the woods.

Had made the roster for the London Lasers of the CSL back in 1992, but the league folded after that and my aspirations of pro soccer died with that, although i had a brief stint with the Toronto Jets (CNSL) in 1993, after that i finally came to grip that pro soccer ain't happening in this neck of the woods.

Archived