Match Thread: CONCACAF Champions League - Round of 16 - Leg 2: Real Espana (Honduras) v Vancouver Whitecaps - March 15, 2023

1 hour ago, Watchmen said:

Feel like it can't be all young Canadians either though. Tough place to play. So maybe one of Yao or Ahmed (but not both) and Hasal in net.

I doubt Yao because they need to get new signing Laborda the minutes beside the incumbent Blackmon with Veselinović remaining home.  But with T-Shirt Man, you never know.  Ahmed might get a look in a more advanced role with Raposo staying at LB.

With Cubas, Gressel, and Schöpf also left at home, tonight's starting midfield three looks pretty lean (Teibert, Berhalter, and ?, Vite?).

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

I doubt Yao because they need to get new signing Laborda the minutes beside the incumbent Blackmon with Veselinović remaining home.  But with T-Shirt Man, you never know.  Ahmed might get a look in a more advanced role with Raposo staying at LB.

With Cubas, Gressel, and Schöpf also left at home, tonight's starting midfield three looks pretty lean (Teibert, Berhalter, and ?, Vite?).

I'd probably rather go Ahmed in his natural position and Raposo more advanced.

4 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

They're still training Raposo to be a LB, so is they're committed to his being there, give him the minutes there.

I get that as well, but I'm unsure of how much training you get from this kind of game and they're giving themselves so little upfront as is that they may want him further up the pitch.

1 minute ago, Watchmen said:

Now that's a small crowd. CCL should maybe consider switching to a bus league.

I get that this is probably considered a lost cause but you would think that the chance to see a visiting team (from a richer league) would at least draw a crowd in the triple digits.  

13 minutes ago, narduch said:

They aren't playing in their home stadium. Although it is the same city I think

Fair enough.  But holy shit - there’s literally like 40 people in the stands.  

EDIT: looks like a bunch more now.  Still ridiculously low but at least a couple hundred.   

Edited by dyslexic nam

32 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Fair enough.  But holy shit - there’s literally like 40 people in the stands.  

EDIT: looks like a bunch more now.  Still ridiculously low but at least a couple hundred.   

Also 4pm local kick off