Cloé Lacasse

red card

After being down 2-0 at the half, Arsenal win 6-2 to be 3 points behind leaders Chelsea in the table.

Starting the comeback was Lacasse with first goal of 4 in 12 minutes. She also assisted on 4th goal.

Rose was subbed out at the half by Leicester as part of her recovery plan. 

Edited by red card

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's the goal in front of record WSL crowd of 60k+. After not getting much minutes, Lacasse gets 2 back-to-back starts.

With 3-1 win, Arsenal is now back in title race, just behind Man City & Chelsea.

D'Angelo also got a rare back-to-back start but looked shaky in first few minutes and whiffed on catching ball off corner on Man United's added time goal. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From Arsenal's Q&A with Lacasse, some interesting tidbits:

Her dad signed her up illegally for Timbits at three years old. They just lied about my age! I was a Timbit until I was probably about eight or nine and then I started going towards the competitive ranks and joining club teams.

Family: It's definitely a little bit different than most European football players just because my family barely knows what an offside is, to this day. My entire family are still working on that...And when they do speak about football, it's always in a quite positive and almost very naïve kind of way. 

She also talks about learning languages, making Portuguese Bacalhau for teammate dinner clubs and having a black belt in taekwondo.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/togetherness-cloe-lacasse